tumblr_lrrie8uF021qearaqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lvqfmr84OW1qearaqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lsjxv8YwXE1qearaqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqs4f3Xfef1qearaqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lf3e62jLI21qbfoleo1_1280.png
images
;)

Last edited:
^ really? consider adding a screenshot or two, a favourite quote, a poster and/or a description of why you think it merits inclusion in the thread?

:\

alasdair

You doubt that Paprika is one of the best sci fi movies ever made? Oh well, your loss. ;)

Tron.

tron1.jpg

tron21.jpg

timthumb.php

attachment.php

It was the first time computer ray-tracing was used in a film, and the technique for rendering objects using ray-tracing was developed originally for this film.

I thought Tron Legacy was good, but this movie was revolutionary.

Ewww, so glad you picked the original. Class.

53.) Pi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU&feature=related

full.Pi%20C1s%20DS%20NM.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_(film)

Kinda cheesy, but, as a child of the 90's, it holds a special place in my gummy black heart.
Kinda sloppy diagnosis, but it's science based, and fiction. Kinda dystopian, so that puts it over the line for me.
Sorry if that's not as 'hard science', or rather, speculatively sci-fi for this list. I just like this thread and want to see what others have as well, maybe this will spur some better suggestions. ;)

Also:
Always wanted to see this:
http://www.swervepictures.com/marstrailer.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
^Good pick. :)

52.) Spaceballs No reason to explain why this belongs on here =D

orig-14199131.jpg

Spaceballs.gif

tumblr_lh52zvpE0H1qzxc1l.gif

tumblr_lh5304Wbkb1qzxc1l.gif

images

S14.jpg

12246577202797.gif

143_831007.jpg

1526_4.jpg

yogurt.jpg

Last edited:
Pi and Paprika.. such good picks. Add pictures to the Paprika one.
Tron and Spaceballs for sure.

I need to check out that Sunshine flick again. I vaguely remember seeing it. Looks like a real winner actually.

51.) Tetsuo - Iron Man

For some reason all the extra large pics I'm trying to get are getting resized like this supposedly '1489x1000' one:
images

'Supposedly' is a word, right? Anyhoo, trust me, pics or no, if you like the others, you'll dig this as well...ho hum.:)

50.) Ghostbusters We are at the halfway mark people!!! Btw Bill FUCKING Murray is my hero. Love the guy.

170333_o.gif

Ready_to_believe.jpg

tumblr_lsqg0oQPTm1qcx6cjo1_500.gif

ghostbusters-staypuft.jpg

ghostbusters-library.jpg

ghostbusters-rick-moranis_l1.jpg

ghostbusterstrio.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Aykroyd-Unplugged-UFOs/dp/B000EU1Q0Y/ref=sr_1_1

49.) The Objective ( 2008 )
Best in the sense that it's not well known, was universally panned, and was a 1/2 decent flick when you get tired of the real Top 100 bs lists like Terminator and Star Wars and all that stuff you've seen a thousand times already. Of course, I went into it not even realizing it was sci-fi, just flipped across it late one night on HBO and was impressed.

The+Objective+%25282008%2529+1.png
max1304428305-frontback-cover.jpg

Oh yeah, and forget all the Blair Witch stuff. Just erase that from your memory.

46.) Equilibrium Kind of cheesy at times and over the top but hey we are talking about Sci-fi here.

Gif-equilibrium-21220286-250-188.gif

equilibrium_de1.jpg

Sean+Bean+is+a+wonderful+actor.+I+loved+it+_199d31672fc10b7f8f71201fdfc44a3c.jpg

Equilibrium_Still0613md.jpg

20081213-pxbypkykk3nrjkx23td17un7rq.jpg

Equilibrium-4.jpg

Last edited:
engage, please stop doing a half arsed job with one or two pics including dvd cover.

Freddy, no offence but you like some really horrible science fiction films. Back to the Future 3 and Equilibrium in the top 100? Seriously? I honestly don't know which one of those films is worse. They are both indescribably bad. How does Equilibrium qualify, in your opinion? Simply because it's science fiction? Might as well add Plan 9 From Outer Space to the list. Shit.

Kind of cheesy at times and over the top but hey we are talking about Sci-fi here

I don't know what this means. Sounds like you're describing crappy Hollywood science fiction films, rather than the genre.

Yeah, Equilibrium is...bad. Like a jerkoffy Fahrenheit 451 (which should be on the list) with gun-karate.