⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F&Ts Top 100 Science fiction films.

46. Dune

Dune_Feyd_Knife.jpg

dune80crysknife2.JPG

protectedimage.php

184905-dune_alia.jpg

^ They Live - fucking class film, worth watching just for the fight, that goes on and on and on. Piss funny.

41: Event Horizon

large%20event%20horizon%20blu-ray6.jpg

large%20event%20horizon%20blu-ray11.jpg

protectedimage.php

'Liberate tut me ex inferis'
'Save yourself from hell'

Apologies if the images don't display like everyone elses

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you do that with the images? I pasted the 3 links in but only the first one appeared on the screen

40. Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

220px-Hitchhikers_guide_to_the_galaxy.jpg

I thought the book and the movie were great, and Zooey Deschanel was in it before she got real famous. also Mos Def is a good actor. and Marvin the robot omg that thing cracked me up so much.

39: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
258402.1020.A.jpg

6a5bbeff4bd22dfa4c1a9c6c1b06940b7b7e5974.jpg

khaaan.jpg

We're talking sci-fi movies here, seems only fair that one of the greatest franchises of the genre is represented, with the best film in the series...

Khhhhaaaaaaannn!!!

38. Stalker
Tarkovsky's quiet, meditative film that's about as high-minded (though not pretentious) and poetic as Solaris without that film's boring reputation. Some will still be bored, though -- it's awesome in a way that's definitely not for everyone (but IMO something from Tarkovsky belongs on any 100 film sci-fi list with any class).

MV5BMTY2MTM3MTU2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE3MzgzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

STALKER-007.jpg

tumblr_m1b157CUcA1qzysqco1_500.jpg

Stalker+2.jpg

05stalker.jpg

Last edited:
How do you do that with the images? I pasted the 3 links in but only the first one appeared on the screen

I'm not sure myself, everything looked right. I just went to the source of the picture (which was the same url) and spaced out your images and it worked fine? Strange.

37. Metropia

While I don't know that I would rate this movie so far up in the list of "Best Sci Fi Movies Ever", its still pretty neat.

metropia_poster_large.jpg

Metropia.jpg

metropia04.jpg

metropia_2009_1024x768_446425.jpg

36.) The Prestige Christopher Nolan at his best right here.

tumblr_lp25sfaQPA1qi7kbeo1_500.gif

tumblr_lisnt5eHgY1qi3n3go1_500.jpg

prestige-2006best.jpg

image9jx8.png

image9av4.png

image9dw1.png

image9cv8.png

the_prestige-11532.jpg

the_prestige-11531.jpg

Last edited:
35: Contact, great, slow burning movie that makes you feel like a grain of sand...

Jodie-Foster-in-Contact.jpg

Contact_(Jodie-Foster).jpg

^I haven't seen that in awhile. Don't quite remember it. I need to see it again.

I guess I'll have to post up The Hunger Games, after I finish watching it in a couple of hours

-The Prestige, Stalker, Hitchhiker's.. etc etc.. so many good ones.

THEY LIVE

I must see that...

34. Meet the Hollowheads

the lowbrow version of Brazil. it's genre, and when it comes to cartoonish 80s/90s sci-fi comedies being fun and flashy on the rails of or under the guise of satirizing social structures, it's flirting with mastery of form. more like a solid grasp. the closest i can think of, which is why i am adding to the list. what movies like TerrorVision wish they were. don't get me wrong, it is stupid silly. but it has the style down with a light personal signature, making it enjoyable. the teenage daughter is juliette lewis, who i can't stand. i was annoyed that they didn't cast someone i find attractive for the character, but she plays the airhead-victim role she's meant for and her wardrobe makes up for her physical appearance. it is well cast, including her. though the dialogue might make you chuckle from time to time, watch for the fun tone and aesthetic.

i'm having trouble finding any screencaps that capture that aesthetic. i'll leave it up to the cover art...
meetthehollowheadscover.png

Last edited: