⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F&T's Top 100 Horror Movies

^Great Film, was such a surprise. :)

Still havn't seen Audition-For shame...It's on my list, looking forward to it. ;)

More Psychological Thriller than Horror but...

48.)

tumblr_lvhioc4MOk1qhy08fo1_500.jpg

NSFW:

tumblr_luoo6xBJJy1qzogp1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lv8kk7FHM81qm0waao1_500.jpg

tumblr_luw85mIPDq1qzhlsvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lvw0wiqQ7j1qzdttpo1_500.png

tumblr_lvw0mugiPQ1qzdttpo1_500.png

tumblr_luxn8nxWVy1qmsv6wo1_400.gif

tumblr_lvr4evtibt1qj8talo1_500.jpg

tumblr_luru6kTZIQ1qgyol5o1_500.gif

tumblr_lvfkx6Yg2z1qacl3yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_luk688hFJ01r6qaiqo1_400.gif

Last edited:
poor kitty... I'm going to work thorugh all the films I havnt heard of yet in this thread, ive decided

^Indeed. :)

@Freddy: It is... but juxtaposed with a fantastic storyline, as del Toro does so well.

46.)
tumblr_lf94vk7bfY1qfpi3wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lf94wn1yMG1qfpi3wo1_500.jpg

(1981)

NSFW:

tumblr_lvcg3qz1qF1qcki1jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lvmupnSsez1qjv4goo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lph9obbz891qeuh7go1_500.gif

tumblr_lq0lme2G1g1qdxwq3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lved4plv3Y1r3iqi7o1_500.gif

tumblr_lti3kyiphb1r57orno1_500.gif

tumblr_lupyvcCv421qmjsvlo1_500.gif

tumblr_lhz42vrJLb1qcb5zdo1_400.gif

tumblr_lve18j6iqs1qbsiq7o1_500.gif

tumblr_lh7uqmKrdS1qh1tsio1_500.jpg

tumblr_lh7rhrGWwe1qh1tsio1_500.png

tumblr_lnbqsgnOKE1qdwatdo1_500.png

tumblr_lt4c7wIcTz1qaf2cc.jpg

tumblr_livhlaVaAA1qzps5go1_500.jpg

^I've always found 80's horror movie gore to be more realistic than present day horror movie gore. Probably because back then they didn't have CGI and had to make due with make up and props alone. Old school special effects is a dying art unfortunately.

^Definitely agree. CGI can be fantastic(eg Ringu) when used well and when thought out however ya, IMO they can have less sensual/'real' impact when overused and movies can end up looking like cheap computer games. Much prefer older Horror for that reason; even the kitchy, badly done stuff was more entertaining and creative...generally speaking of course.

@Bill: Like Freddy said, it's before the days of CGI and alot of money was put towad the make up effects/animatronics etc. There was a big To-do about the specal effects for that film at the time; they were considered pretty state of the art. Landis also produced the 'Thriller' vid for Jackson.

Speaking of Gore. ;)

45.)

tumblr_lt8976A2KY1r207o1o1_500.png

NSFW:

tumblr_ltwbcjc2su1qzwaoqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lti0wsk4iI1qadu47o1_500.gif

tumblr_luxgk7A9Vl1qg39ewo1_500.gif

tumblr_luxgj9h8Nh1qg39ewo1_500.gif

tumblr_ltgee0OFuz1qhl1nlo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
44.)Possession (Andrzej Zulawski - 1981)

possession.jpg

Possession04.jpg

18407453.jpg

1331575133.jpg

Last edited:
^i wanna see that so bad. i found it after IMDBing the dime from The Tenant. it's not in region 1 print though.

Ah you've seen The Tenant? How delightful.

Polanski ftw. Common sense, really ;)

^i think based on your recommendation. after, we had a little debate about the audio. at the time i had not yet made my peace with the reality that older horrors are almost always dubbed and done so with international release in mind. but The Tenant is one of my favorite horror movies. only reason i didn't add it to the list is because i expected you would.

thanks to Asclepius, we've got Repulsion on the list as well.

^i wanna see that so bad. i found it after IMDBing the dime from The Tenant. it's not in region 1 print though.
The torrent is easily found searching for Possession 1981. I'm not usually a torrent movie person, but, well, when there's no other reasonable way... Also, if you're really lacking in self respect, it's on YouTube.

Oh thank you hydro, you're so sweet :D

Hell yeah, a great film from the great Polanski is always a strong fix ;)

42. Amer

tumblr_lx5ffal5Rz1qb5azio1_500.jpg

an ode to the gialli/giallo flicks of the italian 70s and 80s. not much dialogue. just pairing theme, sound, and image. texture sounds--reminds me of Alice ('98) in that aspect. but atmosphere sounds as well.

instead of mixing sex and violence in the B movie sense, this film parallels sexual tension with the horror-film tension. while it is a great movie, i would not recommend it without a few films for background. this movie owes everything to Suspiria. but that is not enough. watch a light array of argento-esque films before seeing this one.

was gonna leave this to Joe, as he recommended it to me, but he might not be into this game.

Last edited:
^I've always found 80's horror movie gore to be more realistic than present day horror movie gore. Probably because back then they didn't have CGI and had to make due with make up and props alone. Old school special effects is a dying art unfortunately.

I was thinking about the exact same thing yesterday when watching the remake of "The Thing". As others said too, when used correctly it can be a great tool but lot's of today's movies are ruined by it's overuse. The monster in The Thing looked like some enemy from a video game. In horror movies especially it's really better to not to show anything at all opposed to showing too much, thus letting imagination create worse monsters than cgi ever can.

41. Triangle

This is quite new (2009) horror/mystery film that in a way resembles memento (so that you have to watch it at least 2 times to put the pieces together, it's pretty different from it by other plot/structure ways). IMO really underrated movie although it has it's flaws. You could argue it's a rip off of a spanish movie "Los Cronocrimenes", but IMO much better. Just make sure you don't read anything about it before seeing it!

Triangle-movie.jpg

NSFW:
Triangle02.jpg

10892.jpg

movie-triangle-stills-808458649.jpg

Triangle06.jpg