Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F&T's Top 100 Horror Movies

hey alasdair for Cabin in the Woods did you ever clue into the fact that they are going to a cabin in a camper van?

^ minor things like that rarely bother me in a movie. maybe that was the best choice of vehicle for all 5 of them and their stuff?

alasdair

In hindsight I found it really funny and silly. There's no need to go to a cabin in the first place, you have a camper van. You could go to a lake, the beach, or go camping. I think it was done intentionally.
NSFW:
In the same way that at the ending, the stoner kid and the girl survive, not choosing to make the sacrifice yet they die anyways. Its like a play on convention and the whole genre. Like you would think Hemsworth survives but he flies into wall and dies, etc.

27: Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Just as The Cabin In The Woods is a love letter to horror movies, Behind The Mask is a clever love letter to the slasher genre. If you're a fan of slasher movies, you have to check this out.

tumblr_mfqqd0CQOO1qfnul8o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
26: Dara Macabre

2010 Indonesian horror slasher film. Why is it number 26? Just watch and you'll understand why.

Last edited:
Wait. Yours is 27 and mine is 26? We got messed up somewhere down the line. Counting up, mine should have actually been #27. I think.

Wait. Yours is 27 and mine is 26? We got messed up somewhere down the line. Counting up, mine should have actually been #27. I think.

Yep I changed my description to say number 26 and Bardeaux fixed it already as well. I'm going to watch another horror movie tonight! ;)

Can I come watch with you, Maya? What is it? Oh and thanks, Bardeaux.

25: Brain Damage

This came out in 1988. Written and directed by Frank Henenlotter (Basket Case, Frankenhooker), Brain Damage is one my favorite cheesy 80's horror movies. It's about a guy named Brian who gets high from an alien named Aylmer in exchange for Brian unknowingly providing him with people, so he can eat their brains. It's really funny and really gruesome. I'd love to see this one remade by the same writer/director with a bigger budget. The alien, Aylmer, has the best dialogue.

Can I come watch with you, Maya? What is it? Oh and thanks, Bardeaux.

25: Brain Damage

This came out in 1988. Written and directed by Frank Henenlotter (Basket Case, Frankenhooker), Brain Damage is one my favorite cheesy 80's horror movies. It's about a guy named Brian who gets high from an alien named Aylmer in exchange for Brian unknowingly providing him with people, so he can eat their brains. It's really funny and really gruesome. I'd love to see this one remade by the same writer/director with a bigger budget. The alien, Aylmer, has the best dialogue.

Of course you can! ;)

Hmmm how come I don't know this movie??? I have watched tons of horror movies and never come across this one. Might as well DL this!!!!

I watched the Quarantine and yes loved it!!!! I can't imagine walkin across the hallway knowing that zombies will attack me yikes!! I heard about the Spanish version too Requiem right? I should dl this one too lols

No, it's simply called Rec. Fast fuckers running at me full speed, with every intent on making everything that's inside of me come out of me, are especially creepy. I can never run when I dream of them. Download Brain Damage and let me know what you think.

Has this been mentioned -

A Nightmare on Elm Street

391.jpg

Surprisingly, no. That still is from Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Did you mean that one or the original A Nightmare On Elm Street? In some ways, I think Wes Craven's New Nightmare is better than the original. But of course, without the original, New Nightmare would only be half of a movie.

Agreed I like new nightmare better.

I like the old Freddy Krueger movies way better than the newer ones. Nothing can be better than the originals. The scenes were way scarier, and overall, I just liked the storyline more. The newer films will never have the classic feel of the older films.

Rest easy, Elven Warrior. Maya's talking about Wes Craven's New Nightmare from 1994, not that crappy Platinum Dunes remake. You would be hard-pressed to find any true horror movie fans that liked the remake over the original. :D

Did you mean that one or the original A Nightmare On Elm Street?

I'm not sure which one I meant, I thought I was referring (and linking a pic) of the original, but it was a half assed quick google images search, so i'm not surprised if its not the original. I only recall the original 90's ones when i was alot younger and it had some influence on me and my friends at the time, being kind of scary in a sleep over kind of environment.

Ahh! The memories (in nostalgic mode). The only movie I didn't like from the sequels of Nightmare of Elm Street is "The Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - the dream warriors."