Eminem discussion

You don't think he matured from Slim Shady to Encore?
No, same juvenile shit.

Give an example of a rapper you think has matured.
Either member of Outkast.

(Bonus points if it's a rapper that sold at least a couple million discs.)
Because how many units you move in the suburbs is a clear indicator of how talented you are.

The annoying flow and unlikeable descriptions are highly subjective.
And?
As for the straight forward lyrics, I'd argue that the two rappers considered "the best ever" have more straight forward lyrics than him.
Now who's being highly subjective?

Well, Em is clean and has been for a year since he almost died of an overdose. That shows a lot of maturity on his part, plus he's in his middle thirties. Best track is Deja Vu, but I like Hello too. I like a lot of the stuff off of Infinite, which was his first "album". Biterphobia was a great song.

and just to prove I'm not alone. ;)

AV Club said:
Five years after the release of his last album, Eminem has emerged from his fortress of solitude with an Oprah-ready tale of addiction, depression, and grief followed by recovery, sobriety, and a renewed sense of purpose. The older-and-wiser Eminem was apparently so rife with inspiration that a single album couldn’t contain his deep thoughts, so a sequel to Relapse is due later this year. Don’t believe the hype: Judging by Relapse, Eminem kicked pills and alcohol and emerged from a cocoon of despair so he could make hacky, borderline novelty songs filled with puerile one-liners about disposable pop-culture ephemera.

The asinine quips about insta-celebs (boy, those Kim Kardashian and Amy Winehouse gags are going to age like fine wine) that define the groaningly awful single “We Made You” permeate the entire album; it’s all about facile pre-adolescent shock mixed with gory, corpse-strewn, Fangoria-damaged horrorcore. Eminem is once again lost in a sinister funhouse of memory and regret, blasting away at old skeletons and resurrecting formative traumas, but songs like “My Mom” feel like smudgy three-generation Xeroxes.

Eminem drops the increasingly ridiculous “Ain’t I a stinker? Can you believe what I just said?” pose for the album’s two best and most serious songs: “Déjà Vu” gets deep inside the psyche of a recovering addict trying to tame poisonous inner voices, while “Beautiful” explores the emptiness and alienation of fame. Dr. Dre’s production soars on “Bagpipes Over Baghdad,” “Insane,” and “My Mom,” but Eminem’s regressive lyrical concerns drag the songs back to Earth. It’s both sad and telling that “Crack A Bottle” brings together 50 Cent, Eminem, and Dr. Dre for a song with a chorus that begins, “So crack a bottle / Let your body waddle / Don’t act like a snobby model / You just won the lotto.” Em had to get clean for this? Relapse is goofy and playful without being fun or funny. It’s less a relapse than a rehash, less a comeback album than the kind of album artists need to come back from. Of course, it’s always possible that Eminem is saving his best songs, but at this point, that Relapse sequel is looking more like a threat than a promise.

Pitchfork gave it a 4.8
Spin gave it 2/5

Entertainment weekly gave it an A-, but what the fuck do they know-- they think dancing with the stars an Coldplay are awesome.

I liked the album, but it's not something I would litsten to over and over again....to dark.,....but zi feel for the guy...........

I can't wait to see a picture of you holding the CD

140652.jpg

You're a loyal fan, I give ya that. Have you ever posted at rapbasement aka d12world?

I gave it another fair listen, I just can't get over how much I hate his new accent. So much so, that I can't listen to the words.

I gave it another fair listen, I just can't get over how much I hate his new accent. So much so, that I can't listen to the words.

The way I interpret the "accent" is it allows him to rhyme words that were previously un-rhyme-able. He changes the pronunciation with the "accent" to make it flow. I'm not bothered by it at all.

The way I interpret the "accent" is it allows him to rhyme words that were previously un-rhyme-able. He changes the pronunciation with the "accent" to make it flow. I'm not bothered by it at all.

i agree.. its not really an accent.. it just helps him rhyme words that are unrhymable.. i think its unique.. at least he isnt doin the whole voice change like t-pain with diddy copying that.. i love eminem.. he is awesome at what he does....... the new CD is great...

^ He actually uses Auto-Tune (or possibly Melodyne) on a couple tracks (most notably "Bagpipes From Baghdad" and "My Mom"), but he's clearly making fun of it. The only track he uses a pitch-corrector seriously on is "Beautiful", but he doesn't exaggerate it like T-Pain and Kanye do. Its used very subtly on the chorus.

and just to prove I'm not alone. ;)

Pitchfork gave it a 4.8
Spin gave it 2/5

Entertainment weekly gave it an A-, but what the fuck do they know-- they think dancing with the stars an Coldplay are awesome.

relapsereviews.jpg

I can deal with those reviews. In my opinion its a 4.5/5, or 4/5 at the very least.

Yeah, I'm with PB. I wouldn't give half a grain of salt's worth of value in all of those reviews except Pitchfork. :\

This album is really... not that good. It is more of the same. The accent is annoying. I don't think you can listen to this and believe that he's grown at all since The Eminem Show or The Marshal Mathers LP.

Oh look... he's rhyming about his mom now. And now he's rhyming about a sexually abusive step dad. Super duper. And now he's rhyming about how his fans shouldn't idolize him. And now he's making fun of pop stars. Dude... that was cool 5 years ago. I think he's a very talented rapper, but this isn't very good or listenable.

The Alchemist's Snags Eminem For New Album

Mobb Deep producer, Eminem's tour DJ and artist The Alchemist will have his new album "Chemical Warfare 2" hit stores on July 7th. The new LP will be the follow up to his 2004 compilation "1st Infantry" and last years "Cookbook" EP. Featuring a all-star like line up of guests including Eminem, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Snoop Dogg, Pusha T, Juvenile and Twista, the album is set to be a classic.

1. Intro
2. “ALC Theme” feat. Kool G Rap.
3. “Lose Your Life” feat. Snoop Dogg, Jadakiss and Pusha T.
4. “Chemical Warfare” feat. Eminem
5. “Grand Concourse Benches” feat. KRS-One
6. “Therapy” feat. Evidence, Blu, Talib Kweli and Kid Cudi.
7. “That’ll Work” feat. Three 6 Mafia and Juvenile
8. “Smile” feat. Twista and Maxwell
9. “Keep The Heels On” feat. Prodigy
10. “Gangrene” feat Gangrene (Oh No and Alchemist) Roc C and Crooked I.
11. “Lights, Cameras, Action” feat. Lil Fame
12. “Some Gangster Sh*t” feat. Fabolous
13. “From Now To Then” feat. Jadakiss
14. “On Sight” feat. Dogg Pound and Lady of Rage
15. “Take A Look Back”

http://www.rapbasement.com/alchemis...cal-warfare-album-for-a-july-7th-release.html