Eminem discussion

I like the "Slim Shady" side of eminem not his songs like the new, immature ones. My favorite are the ones off Slim Shady LP, like Drug Ballad,Role Model, As the World Turns, etc. I don't understand how he can make the sickest most awesome tracks and then turn around and make some immature shit (sorry to all the die-hard fans) like that new one We Made You.

we want the old em back!

I like the "Slim Shady" side of eminem not his songs like the new, immature ones. My favorite are the ones off Slim Shady LP, like Drug Ballad,Role Model, As the World Turns, etc. I don't understand how he can make the sickest most awesome tracks and then turn around and make some immature shit (sorry to all the die-hard fans) like that new one We Made You.

we want the old em back!

First of all, the songs you mentioned that you like so much, he wrote when he was 26 and 27 years old. He's 36 now. He also wrote them when he was using drugs. He's clean now. Second of all, if you think the rest of this new album sounds ANYTHING like "We Made You", you are out of your fucking mind. Or maybe you just haven't heard it.

2oclockbeanfiend.2: I've been somewhat of a sarcastic asshole to you and I apologize. Now I realize that you are just passionate about an artist, as am I. We probably disagree on every musical taste, but it's nice to see someone as dedicated as you.

^ No apology necessary. I love sarcasm. There's only one person on this board I really don't fuck with and he's been put on ignore.

Last edited:
Wikipedia said:
The album (Relapse) debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling 608,000 copies in its first week of release.

:( Considering how much Lil' Wayne sold.

Wikipedia said:
Encore sold 710,000 copies in its shortened three day opening week and claimed the #1 spot on the Billboard Top 200 chart for that month. The following week, Encore sold an estimated 978,590 copies, staying on top of the chart another month.

Hopefully week two is as strong as it was for Encore. 1,688,590 sales in 10 days? Jesus.

Wikipedia said:
The album (Encore) was set for release on November 16, 2004, but was moved up to November 12, after the album was leaked to the Internet. On December 17, 2004, the RIAA certified the album 4x platinum

That's just fucking ridiculous. Four million copies sold in just over a month.

Last edited:
This album is really... not that good. It is more of the same. The accent is annoying. I don't think you can listen to this and believe that he's grown at all since The Eminem Show or The Marshal Mathers LP.

Oh look... he's rhyming about his mom now. And now he's rhyming about a sexually abusive step dad. Super duper. And now he's rhyming about how his fans shouldn't idolize him. And now he's making fun of pop stars. Dude... that was cool 5 years ago. I think he's a very talented rapper, but this isn't very good or listenable.

I like his cd but I was disappointing in the same ol same ol too. I dont mind him ripping on pop icons, everyone else does. He still finds creative ways in his lyrics to get a point across.

But this albums has songs that writting style and beats remind me of shit he did before. Bagpipes from Baghdad = Square Dance and Beautiful = Sing for the Moment to name a view, and I am disappointed in that with him.

But I liked his albums in this order

The Eminem Show = Beats and lyrics and overall CD flow was flawless, put it on went track 1 to end without skip.

Slim Shady = Introduced to his wity and dark side but there where a couple songs I could have done without.

Marshall Mathers = Good but some of the beats where ehhh

Encore = Good cd but pretty dark as a whole and I like his witty comedy side. But Evil Deeds my favorite Eminem song, watched him perform it live was great!

Relapse = Ya it's all been done before, I had figured he of all people would keep it fresh.

^ Even with tracks like "My First Single", "Rain Man", "Big Weenie" and "Just Lose It", you prefer Encore over Relapse? Even with the incredible songs that it definitely has, that "album" is a fucking disgrace and he still needs to publicly apologize for that bullshit. I don't give a fuck how high he was. He completely disregarded his artistic integrity with that nonsense. Fortunately, in my opinion, he has more than redeemed himself with Relapse. Well, I would still like an apology (or at the very least an explanation of why he absolutely had to release that fuckshit - even if it was just pressure from Interscope forcing him to release something before he was ready), but, in my opinion, it is his most mature and finest album to date. I'd be the last to praise the fellowship (not that I'm against people bettering themselves, I just don't agree with the way most people get clean and what they do with their lives after that), but, clean and sober Eminem (if that's really what's up), again, in my opinion, is the greatest rapper that's ever lived. I haven't been this AMPED about music since the last album and I don't think it'll be the last time. End.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say: Eminem is the fucking shit. I love the new album. Can't wait for part 2.

^ Even with tracks like "My First Single", "Rain Man", "Big Weenie" and "Just Lose It", you prefer Encore over Relapse? Even with the incredible songs that it definitely has, that "album" is a fucking disgrace and he still needs to publicly apologize for that bullshit. I don't give a fuck how high he was. He completely disregarded his artistic integrity with that nonsense. Fortunately, in my opinion, he has more than redeemed himself with Relapse. Well, I would still like an apology (or at the very least an explanation of why he absolutely had to release that fuckshit - even if it was just pressure from Interscope forcing him to release something before he was ready), but, in my opinion, it is his most mature and finest album to date. I'd be the last to praise the fellowship (not that I'm against people bettering themselves, I just don't agree with the way most people get clean and what they do with their lives after that), but, clean and sober Eminem (if that's really what's up), again, in my opinion, is the greatest rapper that's ever lived. I haven't been this AMPED about music since the last album and I don't think it'll be the last time. End.

But thats just it, there is not much on Relapse that jumps out in one way or the other besides reminding me of days of yore. My Mom and Insane the only 2 that I LOVE off the album (even if its about his mom again) but encore had more songs with beats and bounces and flows that made you nood. Evil Deeds and First Single where 2 great examples of how the flow and beat memorize.

^ To each his/her own, but I don't know how you can even consider "My First Single" an actual song. Sure, it jumps out at me, but by no means is it "shocking" (the beginning of his career was mostly based on "shock value") as much as it is stupid and lazy. Another thing that will forever puzzle me about Encore is how/why Dre allowed Em to ruin and waste his beats like he did (Again, back to artistic integrity.) "Rain Man" started off sounding like classic Eminem insanity, then all the sudden he's talking about this gay shit. As homophobic as his songs may appear on the surface, I think most people can appreciate his sense of humor and just accept it as entertainment, but that shit was just fucking retarded. Even aside from the gay jokes, everything after the first 8 bars or so is complete nonsense that belongs nowhere near an Eminem LP. "Big Weenie" he isn't even rapping, let alone rhyming. I can tolerate "Ass Like That", even with the Triumph accent, but how that actually made it on the album, and made into a music video, is beyond me. "Just Lose It" I have no words for.