• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Movie Recommendations Thread v.4...not for TV series and stuff Dan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Don't get me started on how f*cking amazing Django was or I'll just never shut up =D

It's something about trees :D (mind you I may be getting our last two threads mixed up).

It's a nice movie though

Hahaha fair enough :D I was gonna go see it for Gosling & Cooper alone anyway =D

Oh just remembered Jack Reacher - I quite enjoyed that one also.

Just saw that Oldboy is being remade by .... Spike Lee. What the fuck?!

I can understand Hollyweird remaking it because of the current annoying trend for remakes, but fucking hell, getting Spike to do it? Bizarre choice.

Oh jeeeez I can't believe this... Infact I can but it's just pissed me off so much.
It'll be a 24th the film the original mastery of the original. I'm actually just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

"Primer" is on Film4 +1. Needed to watch this again, it's fuckin ace but also a bit fuckin difficult to grasp completely the first watch.

^Don't get me started on how f*cking amazing Django was or I'll just never shut up =D

It's a great fun movie - I know I shouldn't say this in the same sentence but ' Abe Lincoln -Vampire Slayer :D'

^The space between the pines is another decent newish movie - Lords of Salem (not sure WTF this was about?) - Deep Dark Canyon - Promised Lands - Cloud Atlas - Standing Up (the Goats).

Maniac was probably one of the better 'horror' movies I've seen in a while - It's another remake but still pretty creepy.

Is Cloud Atlas actually a decent flick? Looked like they were trying to fit a lot into a couple of hours screentime. Have heard the book is rather good.

Watched Dark Skies last night. Pretty good! The youngest boy reminds me of the kid in The Shining.

Watched Dusk Til Dawn again recently. It really only works well the first time you see it for me. Was amazing at the cinema when you didn't know what was coming. Still not a bad film but definitely a minor Tarantino. True Romance is also excellent if you like Tarantino stuffs. His script but not his direction. Great film either way.

Also watched the two straight-to-video Dusk Til Dawn sequels. Man they are truly shocking 8o

^^ I fully agree. D-til-T is one of those "watch only once, maybe twice" flicks.
I mean yeah, it's brilliant. But the magic it possess first time round is lost straight away afterwards :\

I'm actually going to subject myself to "The Time Traveler's Wife" tonight on Film4. And if I'm disappointed then there's "Alien Resurrection" on afterwards for a good ol' bit of gory alien and human death that demands no concentration whatsoever. So I can continue to get pished and take all my nighttime meds and pass out while doing so =D

Mesrine is quality , albeit I only seen part 1.

Rewatching this tonight.... in HD to boot :)

the-tricky-master-1999-1.jpg

Is Cloud Atlas actually a decent flick? Looked like they were trying to fit a lot into a couple of hours screentime. Have heard the book is rather good.

Yeah its great - can be a bit confusing but still really worth a watch.

Mesrine is fukkin brilliant. Watched 'em both back-to-back a while back. Second one is maybe not as enjoyable as the first but is good for other reasons. You definitely need to see both.

Not watched an actual film in ages now. Got a few need watching but just never seem to get around to it of late.

you can delete it yourself, you know ;)

Edit it, then in the edit page, choose Delete.

Glengarry Glen Ross, which I'd never even heard of until very recently. Exceptional, magnificent etc. Whiplash script.

I've heard of Glengarry Glen Ross but I always thought it sounded like some pedestrian Highlands period drama, like the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie or something, which I don't think it is. Queued.

Status
Not open for further replies.