• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dear Santa,

Lol it's not too bad If you know the right people, otherwise yeah it's a shithole

Yeah but you have Smokie-O’s barbecue in north St. Louis. If you haven’t been there it’s at 1545 Broadway. It’s worth dodging the bullets whizzing past. And yes, I think gravity pulls all the crazies to the southernmost state in the USA. The local news is some of the best [black] comedy you could hope for.

Yes we do, and imo' s pizza in the city and a few others I'm forgetting atm. Lotta good food in the city.

I would die of lonesomeness in the city. I need to be where I know every tree, every haystack.

*** I'm gonna call that a paraphrase because it's been a few years but it's a line from Willa Cather 's My Antonia (an excellent book)

Lol I invite you to north st louis. Highest murder rate in the US. 300k people and 200 murders this year, about 50 have arrests. It's a fucking madhouse in the city
Whoa! We’ve only had 153 murders and that’s the entire county (pop. 1.3m) not just city of Orlando. But the year’s not over yet.

Yeah that's just in the city too man. That's 60 murders per 100k people almost double #2 on the list. The cops are corrupt gangs and dope are rampant, I have personally seen a cop bribed to look the other way on pounds of dope. Stl is becoming a lawless wasteland.

Yeah that's just in the city too man. That's 60 murders per 100k people almost double #2 on the list. The cops are corrupt gangs and dope are rampant, I have personally seen a cop bribed to look the other way on pounds of dope. Stl is becoming a lawless wasteland.

My jaw drops for the 2nd time tonight. Fuck!

I would die of lonesomeness in the city. I need to be where I know every tree, every haystack.

*** I'm gonna call that a paraphrase because it's been a few years but it's a line from Willa Cather 's My Antonia (an excellent book)
Even though I live within the Orlando city limits, I like my quiet suburban-feeling neighborhood. I live on a lake which is right next to a nature preserve. My AA sponsor lives downtown and he let me stay with him to dry out and although I've idealized living in the middle of the city it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's really fucking noisy, especially at 2am when the bars close and all the drunk people are loudly yelling on their way to wherever. Also, I used to live in a trendy neighborhood not far from downtown and there was a popular bar down the block and when they had events street parking was damn near impossible. That was annoying. That said, since I can basically do my job from anywhere I'm starting to second guess myself about having stayed in Orlando. My neighborhood is pleasant enough but I'm starting to think maybe I should have gone to a more rural place. Somewhere where there are landforms and isn't flat as a pancake and where there are four seasons, though winter in Florida is pretty nice.

Speaking of Willa Cather, I found her grave in an old cemetery in Jaffrey Center, New Hampshire. I wasn't looking for it and it came as a total surprise.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring and ask for my Xmas present...a place of my own to live.

In good time, gentlemen

Maybe in 2018 that'll happen for you both. All this shit takes time.

Damn my sense of morality lol. I have very marketable illegal skills

I know its against the rules but its not a person necessarily but rather the person haha ...I'd like a partner.

Someone to share in the good times and be there to console and have to console me during the difficult times.
Its been long enough. I dont pledge to be perfect, nor do I expect it. (But "not a drunk" is definitely on my must have list haha)

But if Santa doesnt want to add kidnapping and unlawful confinement to his wrap sheet
(Though I often question how willing the elves are)
Then I suppose Ill settle for a rotovap.

Enjoy your holidays folks.
Catch you after the new year

As I stated to my kids when they were little--

"You NEVER know what Santa might bring!"

I want a "chemistry" set lmao.

And some very technical hand tools to play locksmith with again, not illegally just on an old lock