• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dear Santa,

Maybe it's just human nature, in trying to make ourselves feel less Shitty but I think some of the.... Humility addiction teaches us (*we who've been addicted) sets us apart somehow. Not that it's a glamourous lifestyle. . . Just that when something so Effectively and Completely brings a person to their knees, it's just not a lesson you can ever Unlearn.

Yes absolutely. I know I would do almost anything, work any job to stay off the streets, addiction taught me that.

Maybe it's just human nature, in trying to make ourselves feel less Shitty but I think some of the.... Humility addiction teaches us (*we who've been addicted) sets us apart somehow. Not that it's a glamourous lifestyle. . . Just that when something so Effectively and Completely brings a person to their knees, it's just not a lesson you can ever Unlearn.

I agree with you that when a person has been completely taken down by anything--addiction, heartbreak, grief--it brings a depth to that person that they did not have before. There's a line in a song I like that says, "All my favorite people are broken. My heart should know...."

Absolutely I enjoy communion with the lost souls, much more depth there

I mean.... it's nothing to brag about . It's just some almost secret.... Quiet Awareness of a hurt that's so ..... ENTIRE .
Well I guess I dont have to tell y'all.

Not bragging just saying I enjoy the depth of a conversation with someone whose been through hell, a worldly view ya know

Yeah I understand.
There are some who've not partaken in our particular brand of suffering, whom also have a unique world view and a tremendous lot to offer us.

But I know what you mean: a certain Kinship there among those who "know".

One of the greatest lessons I learned in life was from a homeless man on hall st in st. Louis, I really hope he's doing well, an exceptional man

Maybe you could look him up at the holiday times? Unlessssss it's dangerous for your sobriety to go on that part of town

Sobriety and physical well being as well. That's a very bad neighborhood

Ahhhh but you know what is right vs wrong for you personally. So a neighborhood is a neighborhood.

Mr Rogers changing his shoes just popped into my brain. Lol

Lol yeah the h dealer out front is less charming than the one in the city

He's likely a very unhappy person. I mean deep inside. And when you factor in that a decent amount of dealers dont even Use..... well
Perhaps his life is Hard.

Well let's ask Santa to bring that fella peace & strength then. That life he's leading (misleading? ) is Definately not an easy one.

I'm asking Santa (materially ) for :

**Tupperware or glad ware containers with lids (Fuck they always get lost / forgotten somewhere over time n i end up with two odd size lids n no containers in my cupboards ).

** new James Rollins novel "The Demon Crown" tho it'll be a few months til it's available in paperback which I prefer.

** oh God blue jeans that FIT would be a rapture I dare not imagine.....

** new bedding set (but that can come later when I get my new mattress which Is at my kids house right now. My son In law doll that he is got me new matress n box spring for the guest bedroom which is truly just my cats' playroom n nap-space)

** now I want that other movie "Infamous" based on capotes writing of In Cold Blood

** I want Bob Dylan to visit me in person.

What's everyone's "if I could have ANYTHING " List ??

Constant entertainment lol, anything boredom will be my downfall

Sometimes we gotta create our own fun
I had a blast last night just wrapping presents for my husband (small stuff ; we are kinda poor) & fun things to serve as "surprise presents" , kind of a grab bag : on Christmas at my brother's which will be my husband n me, brother n his wife, 12 year old nephew, 24&25 niece and her fiance , and their two little ones are 3 years and 6 months. So we'll play a game say uno or whatever n when you win a round you pick a Present from the surprise box. There's a variety of fun stuff there ranging from stuffed animals to candy to art projects n a Yankee candle.... there's a couple ornaments. Theres a really cool pair of fleece gloves with buffalo embroidered on them (I hope my nephew gets those ). It'll be even more fun than the standard to Michael from aunt Mandy style gifts

I also hope it encourages adults who may otherwise sit out the table games to PLAYYYYY . My husband and I ALWAYS play what the young ppl wanna play
It's all for them. Really.

I agree with you that when a person has been completely taken down by anything--addiction, heartbreak, grief--it brings a depth to that person that they did not have before. There's a line in a song I like that says, "All my favorite people are broken. My heart should know...."

Scholars refer to this phenomenon as "dislocation," but like you pointed out it goes by many different names.

Sometimes we gotta create our own fun
I had a blast last night just wrapping presents for my husband (small stuff ; we are kinda poor) & fun things to serve as "surprise presents" , kind of a grab bag : on Christmas at my brother's which will be my husband n me, brother n his wife, 12 year old nephew, 24&25 niece and her fiance , and their two little ones are 3 years and 6 months. So we'll play a game say uno or whatever n when you win a round you pick a Present from the surprise box. There's a variety of fun stuff there ranging from stuffed animals to candy to art projects n a Yankee candle.... there's a couple ornaments. Theres a really cool pair of fleece gloves with buffalo embroidered on them (I hope my nephew gets those ). It'll be even more fun than the standard to Michael from aunt Mandy style gifts

I also hope it encourages adults who may otherwise sit out the table games to PLAYYYYY . My husband and I ALWAYS play what the young ppl wanna play
It's all for them. Really.

Play is important to ALL ages :)