• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

It depends on what your looking for. Benzos certainly increase the NOD, but, in my experience, diminish the rush of IV use, and diminish the euphoria of oral opiates like Oxycodone. But they 100% without a doubt increase the sedation.

It depends on what your looking for. Benzos certainly increase the NOD, but, in my experience, diminish the rush of IV use, and diminish the euphoria of oral opiates like Oxycodone. But they 100% without a doubt increase the sedation.
Some benzos aren't as sedating but can increase euphoria when taken with opiates. Most people's favorite benzo is xanax, and trust me when I say that there are better benzos that can be procured.

I'm not ragging on Xanax, it's OK, but it's not my favorite, nor in my top 3.

A good klonopin + hydro/oxy is my favorite fucking combo ever. Maybe its because I do actually have a decent sized anxiety disorder and opiates kill my anxiety and benzos kill my anxiety and that = euphoria for me. Add in the opiate euphoria and damn I can't wipe the grin off my face. I don't see how people can't like the combo, but maybe its because I'm such a big benzo fan that I couldn't NOT like the combo.

Now I pretty much only take opiates with klonopin to make it last longer since I only get a few pills a month. I keep low tolerance and my perfect ration is about 30-35mg hydro + 1-2mg klonopin or about 20-25mg oxy + 1mg klonopin.

Yeah Captain H, my friend who went to Guatamala said benzos are over the counter there, and he was coming up with names I never heard of. I think he said his favorite was Mogadon (Nitrapazam). Ive only had the pleasure of trying the "Big 4" in America, Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan, and I can say without a doubt Klonopin is my favorite. However, before I had any type of benzo tolence/habit, valium was my favorite. Xanax I find depressing. But after abusing xanax and klonopin which are very potent, I don't even feel valium unless i take like 150+....sucks because it used to be by far my favorite.

Honestly, once being dependent on benzos (taking 6 mg of Klonopin a day for 3 years) which is wht im prescribed, if I run out and start withdrawing, and it gets past 2-3 days, I dont even feel the opiates when I take them because the benzo withdrawal takes over everytthing. So I feel gthat if you are dependent on benzos, and you take your regular dose, then you will feel the opiate of choice the same you would feel it if you werent dependent on benzos and did that same opiate dose. But if i took like, 3-4 sticks of xanax on top of my daily 6 mg of klonopn, id sure as hell be nodding out harder on that than I would on the klonopin alone.

dulls the shit. i haven't done it very often but with clonazepam and xanax i felt it definitely took away the euphoria significantly. i do remember with a bromazepam though i would just get really fucked. it wasn't like clonazepam or xanax to be honest. once i took 24mg of bromazepam and some oxy and i was SO gone.

i used to enjoy taking - Dihydrocodeine with Libirum (chlordiazepoxide)

one night i took 60mgs librium
120mg Dihydrocodeine

then t + 40 mins

60 mgs dihyrdrocodeine

then t + 1 hr 10 mgs nitraz

this combo was FTW

( i had some rum later on as well.... highly irresponsible)

i felt great ... although i dont remmeber it all very clearly... ;)

for the purest opiate high id say avoid benzo's but if u want to put a bit more a sedative edge on it , and create a bit more of a more fucked up feeling and generally out of it and doped - then try a SMALL dose of benzo

OP the reason u prob found valium better (as well as the fact that u were less tolerant) is that compared to xanax , ativan etc - valium is quite mild.... so u didnt destroy the opiate buzz (by releasing to much gaba on to dopamine terminals and killing dopamine release rate.... yadda yadda - science bit LOL )

If you want a boost for opiates, try Benadryl.

Diphenhydramine (benadryl) is a chemical with a million and one uses, it makes a great opioid potentiator.

Last night I mixed 30mg of oxy (split, snorted half, oral dosed half) and snorted 1mg of Xanax, then chased it with a beer. I think this was a bad combo... Today I am still nodding off and I can't fucking help it. Plus I got zero sleep last night, which makes me even more tired.

Anyone with more experience that can tell me how dangerous this was? I don't intend on doing it again, I should have done research before I tried it :X

Personally I thought they kind of dulled the experience. They'll make you nod more. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. I was in college when I was strung out on opioids, so most of the time I preferred an energetic, productive, euphoric high. Nod-inducing highs weren't any more euphoric to me. This is all personal preference though...most people would prefer a noddy H high to a relatively stimulating OC high. I didn't really like mixing opioids with anything, whether it was xanax, stimulants, alcohol, etc. Anything else made it less enjoyable.

in your experience do benzos, (or certain ones) boost, or dull your opiate's effects?

i've noticed that xanax and klonopin seem to dull the effects and valium seems to boost, or go nicely along with some oxy/hydrocodone. ativan is better than xanax or klonopin + opiates, but not as good as valium IME's....

IV valium + IV morphine = amazing
IV oxycodone + oral klonopin/xanax = decent, but those two benzos (which i happen to use most often) seem to add little to nothing to the opiate high...

so many of the people I love have died this way it makes me sick. im sure its been said a million times in this thread but it is something I feel I have to say
WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD IS VERY DANGEROUS PLEASE BE CAREFUL BE SAFE!!

mad love Kimmy, billy, Dirty, shoty, Amy, D, thad, discO WE'LL NEVER FORGET<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Depends on the benzo for me. Xanax is too sedating and will overtake the opiate buzz, whereas diazepam is very euphoric and not too sedating, and will usually potentiate opiates greatly for me.

Tried xanax with oxy. Hated it. Was in nod land for about 2 hours and no euphoria to back it up. So i was essentially just sleepy. :\

oxycodone kicks ass. i love playing my guitar while sitting in the woods..its freakin magical

Why do tons of people love mixing Methadone + Xanax or some other benzo. I didn't see methadone+benzos mentioned once in this thread??? Whenever I take methadone and xanax I get so fucked up and nod and feel great, but thats just me...

i like using vallium amps say 2ml=10mg with smoking heroin but if im using oxy no as i find oxy stimulating fast high and vallium blunts it suppose depends on which opiates as differents ones have different highs

i personally like how opiates feel alone.

But, when i take benzos, i like to have opiates with them lol.

it has been proven that in my body, benzos will increase the "drowsiness" that comes with an opiate but will dull the euphoria and high dramatically. if i come across some percocets while i'm on kilonopin i will sometimes wait a full 24 hours before i dose with the perc because thats how much i find the benzos kill the opiate experience. also... smoking weed before i dose with an opiate will almost completely stop me from feeling the opiate... but if i take some percocets and wait an hour for them to kick in and then go smoke a bowl and a cigarette it works as the best opiate potentiator i have ever tried.... odd

Only a few of you mentioned dosages. I can see why a benzodiazepine + opiate combination could result in the former overpowering the latter; I think this is reason enough (not to mention the potential death from respiratory depression) to lower the dosages of both drugs consumed.

I have had great success with dosages (low-moderate benzo tolerance; naught-low ope tolerance; orally administered) such as 1.0mg clonazepam or 5mg diazepam in combination with 15-20mg oxycodone, 90-150mg codeine, or a low dose batch of poppy tea. The benzodiazepine and opiate combination worked in blissful harmony to produce a unique euphoria.

In my opinion 25-50mg diphenhydramine is a must 15-20 minutes prior to administering most opiates purely to treat the histamine itch. A bit of white grapefruit juice is nice too.

The Doctor

Boost for me. I'm prescribed a couple xanax bars a day, and they help any opiates I take (which of course is also every day.) They also help immensely with subs. In fact, Suboxens just don't work as well without a complimentary benzo, imho.