• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

All benzos dull the effects of any other drugs for me.

Complete waste

Do benzos dull benzos for you? Lol.
I've found certain benzos aren't any good combined.
Like phenazepam and etizolam.
You don't get the special etiz euphoria and it seems to lessen the time of the phenazepam effects.
But it does alleviate anxiety tho.

I know i know, this thread is for benzos and opiates but figured I'd throw in .02

- HOOD

If you're railing opiates, then I think xanax is the bee's knees. As someone who doesn't fet that opiate rush anymore from snorting, xanax provides a nice type of high.

But, if you're shooting, then heroin or oxy or whatever by itself is the way to go, imho.

Do benzos dull benzos for you? Lol.
I've found certain benzos aren't any good combined.
Like phenazepam and etizolam.
You don't get the special etiz euphoria and it seems to lessen the time of the phenazepam effects.
But it does alleviate anxiety tho.

I know i know, this thread is for benzos and opiates but figured I'd throw in .02

- HOOD

Pretty much.
Benzos dull life.

The only thing they're good for is a panic attack.
No recreational value IMO.

I've never had euphoria from benzos, and I've tried/been prescribed many.

They don't even help me sleep unless I take a shitload.

In the past I either
1. Took some and felt dull and dumb
2. Took enough to get strong effects and don't remember anything.

And when I took them with opiates or pot, it was like I didn't feel the effect of the other drug at all.

Temazepam and diazepam are best imo, they seem to give me most of any type of body buzz, Clonazepam pretty much always dulls my opiate buzz to nothing unless opiate is well established. How come dont see mention of oxazepam or estazolam? Seen them at pharmacys but never tried

Definitely dull and blunt the rush.

I only ever mix the two if I'm tryna get some sleep.

Dull...dull...dull. Nothing ruins that delightful ol' opioid euphoria like a benzo :\. Wonder why why the response to this combo is so varied, when I say benzos dull an opiate high I mean the euphoria is brought down to near nil... in no way potentiated nor any form of synergy while others fly like a kite, meh.

Agree with the Captain, as above:

Benzos increase the sedative factor while reducing the amazingly subtle opiate effect.

If the goal is to get fucked up, then the combo is valid... but for people who love the effect which opiates/opioids bring it's not worth it.

U gotta get ur tolerance up imo to enjoy both, benzos will just knock most ppl out till u get tolerance, then u need more of either and it spirals from there

I suffer from chronic panic attacks and excruciating pain in my spine. Without my benzos, my opioids would trigger a panic attack (as any other substance would). They also have a synergy for the certain type of pain I have - my pain is very severe and I need both in my system to be comfortable. The muscle relaxant effects of the benzos + the pain signal blocking of the opioids works great together. They have a synergy for my chronic panic attacks too as the benzos calm me down physically and the opioids calm me down mentally, allowing me to experience an ideal state of mind. Without opioids, benzos would be a little to sedating for me, but the combination leaves me highly alert yet physically relaxed. I don't get euphoria from benzos, that is entirely dependent on the opioids.

Take away one or the other and I'm fucked. I don't use benzos to boost the opioid experience, it is more that I am highly dependent on benzos and use opioids to attain higher functionality.

Someone said if the goal is to get fucked up then the combo is valid? That is not in any way, shape, or form my goal. Maybe for you, but not for me. My goal is the exact opposite of that.

Last edited:
IME Vallium is the best benzo to potentiate opiates my opiate of choice is codeine , I have a high tolerance to codeine so I take 600mg ,that's my ceiling dose . I find that when I take Ativan ,serpax, or even rivatil they just give me the benzo affect with no potentiation to my codeine , but when I take Vallium I feel so sedated and start nodding , maybe because it's a muscle relaxant it just relaxes my whole body , I could just lay there and stare at the ceiling and be happy , can't wait to get my script filled :)

Benzos rob the euphoria but increase the "nod"; if there's to be a nod at all (tolerance etc come into play).

^ toletance will have a huge impact on your "experience"

I don't have a choice of not taking benzos for instance.

Then when I go heavy on the zos... I'll happily take opies...

Sorry, I'm not a snob who think they are in any way smart by mocking whilst taking 0.5 clonaz... GOOD FOR YOU. I ENVY YOU FOR NOT BEING AN ADDICT.

Consider yourself lucky. This is not directed to all... you know who you are. ... haters

Dull. I prefer Dilaudid alone than to mix it with Valium.
Benzos do nothing for me mood wise, whereas opiates lift them.

Disclaimer: Mixing CNS depressants like opioids and benzos can increase respiratory depression and can kill you, don't do it!

Valium absolutely boosts opioids but like others have said, other benzos seem to take away... Although I do remember on one occasion I snorted 40-50 mg morphine and put a blue Xanax under my tongue and it was one of the best pk highs I've ever experienced, but Xanax sort of stopped working for me once I started taking high doses (8-15 mg basically I'd redose until I ran out, passed out and/or blacked out) and these days I'd even take a mediocre kpin over a Xanax.

For the first several yyears of addiction there’s no reason to combine dope and benzos.

Nowadays it’s the only way that I can get anything close to a nod.

There’s no “right” benzo to use. I like kpin but that’s just personal preference

Diazepam (Valium) would Definitely boost the effects of an Opioid (Oxycodone, Dilaudid, Methadone, H, etc)

…..preferably in a carefully calculated oral cocktail customized to your current tolerance, starting slightly lower dosage

Example of mine is….

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 35mg
Valium 10mg
Klonopin 1mg
Lyrica 300mg
Indica Cannabis 10mg
Jin 3oz cocktail

30min onset starts to creep in and in an hour I’m fully NICE :)

Long term tolerant individual, completely safe for myself. Taken at 3/4pm prior to dinner ……bed around 11pm, adequate time for peak serum levels to wear off a bit before sleep. It’s my customized Brompton Cocktail. Probably have taken this cocktail 30-50 times per year.

Average person ……it’s ok to take a Valium 10mg tablet with an Oxycodone 10mg, as they would totally compliment each other ….you’d be very euphoric, relaxed, social / outgoing, happy mood while slightly sedated

Not a dare but do not mix the benzodiazepine bromazolam with any opioids or ya will end up in ER or in the grave. Think this is over-hype...? Do the research....
My experience and many others. YMMV but I strongly do not recommend it.
Some may be safer than others some not.
It's all a game of russian roulette at this point.

Last edited:
A stimulating opioid such as Oxycodone + 5-15mg IR Dexedrine (d-amphetamine) + Valium (Diazepam) 20mg would be the best oral cocktail…..in 30min when onset starts to creep in, have a stiff drink and a cigarette

Pure Bliss