• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

^ Ive noticed that with lorazepam too. Mixed with heroin, I was seeing shadows moving outside at night, sort of seeing people move in the corner of my eye when indoors. It was strange. I didnt really like it.

^ yeah when i was scripted ativan 4-6mg / day. i was also addicted to oxycodone and when i mixed the two i felt somewhat trippy but not in an enjoyable way, and i just lay down and passed out until it was over which sucked (wasted a lot of oxy that week) but then i switched back to valium 15mg day and that went great with oxycodone.

however recently i've been taking klonopin daily and xanax here and there (usually when i drink) and i just took a 30mg roxi with a friend and we both agreed that the euphoria and warmth is dulled when mixed with klonopin or xanax. for him mixing it with ativan doesn't do much and valium is a good mix as well.

strange that xanax dulls it for me and my friend (and a few of you guys) but it seems like most people love mixing benzos + opiates and usually xanax....

It depends on the type of experience you're going for, IMO. If you want that pure, smooth opiate high, then I find benzos can cloud that and make me overly sedated. If that's what you're looking for, then go balls deep, I say.

I think it may be just that I haven't found quite the perfect dose of each (opiates and benzos) when combining, so one sort of overpowers the other.

But like someone already mentioned, combining the two is a great way to make your stash last...

boost! I always find that taking my benzos, helps me lower my intake on opiates actually. I like to be pretty cautious about the dangers of going overboard with these two drugs. hence, i'm always thinking about the two in relation, because i take both regularly.

If I've taken my benzos before i take a shot of Heroin, I am always measuring that shot by a little less or more depending on how much xanax I have taken for that day. I also ofcourse, like the combination :p

im going to say dull. especailly xanax cause its so fast acting. if i have already done a shot and take some xanax i can pretty much be sure i will pass out or fall asleep.

its easy to do too much of the benzos and get all sloppy, and for me, that detracts from the overall clean nice opiate experience. valium is ok tho in really low doses. like 5mg or so.

The only benzo I've tried is Temazepam, which I mixed yesterday with codeine, one of faves.

About 2 and a half hours after having 50mg of Temazepam, I drank 450mg of codeine. I remember nodding REAL hard, but not having any of the opiate euphoria/warmth that I love...also, my memory got fucked REAL bad cause I couldn't remember where I hid the empty packets of codeine, and I made a bunch of posts on BL I couldn't remember either...

So, in my limited experience, the benzo definitely dulled the opiate feeling.

for me,my perfect dose would be 1/2 mg of xanax and 20 mg of oxy or 5-10 mg of methadone.

remember i dont take opiates and benzos everyday so my tolerance is always low.

I do LOVE mixing benzos with opiates,less benzos more opiates.
Never overdue the two though! Stay safe
Peace

It seems that too much benzo will dull the experience. Those who are benzo dependent or near benzo dependence should also consider how this effects their experience, much like how I don't get that high without a drink when I am active in my alcoholism. A small amount of benzo (like .5mg of Xanax or 10 to 20mg of Valium MAX) seems to aid and enhance the high, but anything more and the type of high totally changes and it kind of kills that warm feeling dope gives you.

This is how a friend ended up OD'ing. Took some Xanax and was shooting heroin all night, they found him with the syringe still in his arm.

Please be careful.

It dulls it for me. But I do not like benzos. Auctually, I am very scared of them. Ever since I read about the tribulations of nego's 1-1.5 g a day valium habit I have been deathly afraid of them

I find that benzos boost my opiate experience, like the others said. but really, if you have enough opiates, just dont take the benzos. If you really wanna get more messed up just take more of the opiates. Again, like the others said, the benzos will make you pass out before you even get the ope buzz.

On the other hand, if you are low on opiates and you cant get any more, you may want to take some benzos with it.

I used to do benzo + opiate and it was ok (I did NOT notice a dulling) but eventually I ended up using the benzos at the tail end of the opiate high (for comedown and to sleep). I can't remember making a conscious decision to do that - it just kind of evolved into that.

So, for me, boost is unknown, dull is no, do it is yes but wait until later. And don't overdo it. And kick eventually if you don't have a lifetime membership already.

they def boost the effects for most people... but be very careful... the majority of my friends that have died have died mixing opiates and benzos... its really easy to fall out on those two combined... be safe

Sometimes they boost. Benzo by itself. Opiates by themselves. Seems like i waste it if i mix them.
They just do not seem to synergize for me at all.

its kinda crazy how it gos back and forth on this thread... everyone i know loves taking benzos with opiates cuz they get a much stronger nod

I’m not saying I don’t like the way they mix. I just like to feel the opiate peak by itself then take the benzo. I think it is safer that way too because then you’re not riding up peaks to two drugs at once - you’re decreasing the risk of suppressed breathing (“safer”, ha). Of course I had to throw in some soma too. I felt I knew my limits though. But with benzos you can wake up the next morning thinking you took one and find 5 missing from your bottle. It’s a dangerous game.

Then there’s the H vs. prescription factor. If you’re doing prescription opiates you pretty much know how strong it’s going to be. I think H users know they need to feel their batch out before they start fucking around with mixing in stuff.

Like people have mentioned it’s really not “safe” to mix these – it’s a good way to get dead. So, at least, reduce your opiate dose if you’re trying this for the first time.

Id say it dulls the opiate experience. Everytime I have mixed benzos (especially xanax) with an opiate, it has completely removed the euphoria from the opiate high, basically overpowering the opiate.

Because of that, I never mix benzos with my opiates, but also consider in the fact that I dont like benzos. And just in case anyone thinks otherwise, Im not saying benzos ruin the opiate high because I dont like them. I know Im not the only one that this happens to.

100% AGREE.

Taking Xanax before shooting dope is a total waste of dope.