• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

enoughorangejuice?

Bluelighter
in your experience do benzos, (or certain ones) boost, or dull your opiate's effects?

i've noticed that xanax and klonopin seem to dull the effects and valium seems to boost, or go nicely along with some oxy/hydrocodone. ativan is better than xanax or klonopin + opiates, but not as good as valium IME's....

IV valium + IV morphine = amazing
IV oxycodone + oral klonopin/xanax = decent, but those two benzos (which i happen to use most often) seem to add little to nothing to the opiate high...

imo they definately boost if you're short on opiates, but if you've got plenty of opiates its a bit pointless to take benzos alongside... that said you don't want to overdo the benzos/opiate combination or you'll just fall asleep and it will have been a waste of both substances... and that said i don't really know what i'm talkin about opiates not bein my domain of expertise so as to say...
that sed, nuff sed...

Or if you do too much you dont have to worry about falling asleep and blowing your buzz because you wont be waking back up again . but i once have done a klonopin and oxy combination roughly 1 mg of klonopin and 20 mg of oxy and it went quite well and seem to boost the effects quite dramatically . not something i do all the time tho it was more or less due bordem and have kpins and oxy at the same time .

Id say it dulls the opiate experience. Everytime I have mixed benzos (especially xanax) with an opiate, it has completely removed the euphoria from the opiate high, basically overpowering the opiate.

Because of that, I never mix benzos with my opiates, but also consider in the fact that I dont like benzos. And just in case anyone thinks otherwise, Im not saying benzos ruin the opiate high because I dont like them. I know Im not the only one that this happens to.

Boosts, IMO. Great for making the most of your stash. One of my favorite drug combos, albeit dangerous, but that's why you don't overdo it.

it depends how sedating the opioid and benzo in question are. If the two are too sedating, the result is far from ideal.

ebola

IForgett said:
Id say it dulls the opiate experience. Everytime I have mixed benzos (especially xanax) with an opiate, it has completely removed the euphoria from the opiate high, basically overpowering the opiate.

Because of that, I never mix benzos with my opiates, but also consider in the fact that I dont like benzos. And just in case anyone thinks otherwise, Im not saying benzos ruin the opiate high because I dont like them. I know Im not the only one that this happens to.

well today i got a nice qualitest 30mg roxicodone and ate 5mg and sniffed the other 25mg.

usually i'd take 1-2mg of klonopin right away with it, but i didn't. the last dose of klonopin was 1mg taken approx 7 hours prior to the oxycodone IR dose... also i took about 0.2mg of suboxone at that time, but it was wearing off by the time i dosed with the oxycodone, so not much of the effect was lost luckily. i'd say i felt like i took at least 22.5mg if not 25-27mg. ANYWAY....

it was way more euphoric, energetic, and wonderful (the lovely opiate high i long for) than when i take any klonopin or xanax before/during the oxycodone high....

so from experience today i can now say i prefer taking opiates without benzos like klonopin/xanax (valium is a different story). i think klonopin and xanax both dull the euphoria / energy from an oxycodone high and make it less enjoyable (opiate high).

^ I cant say how it effects oxycodone in me, because the only times Ive ever mixed benzos with opiates was when I was taking either hydrocodone or heroin. With both, the benzos (tried it with valium, klonopin, xanax, ativan, and halcion) dulled the euphoria. I was still high in a way though. Its so hard to describe, but basically, the benzos removed the warmth and oddly enough the sedation. I felt every other aspect of the opiates, along with the sickening confusion I feel from benzos (thats why i dont like benzos, they make me feel stupid and confused and its overwhelming).

All in all, I definitely prefer to take my opiates alone. I dont mix them with anything. Its too good of a high to possibly ruin with other drugs.

Last edited:
valium + heroin wasn't better than heroin alone??!?!?

i find that hard to believe...

i have had an IV of valium + morphine before and it was much better than morphine alone... (i'm sure jasoncrest will back me up here). xanax, klonopin and ativan are a different story (oral or IV), they do seem to ruin the wonderul opiate bliss, but valium seems different, unless it was just the fact that i had little to no benzo tolerance when i had the valium + morphine IV... and had a tolerance when i was banging oxycodone and eating xanax/klonopin...

^ Well I didnt IV the valium. Maybe thats the difference. But valium oral with heroin IV totally destroyed my heroin high. Such a waste of money that night was.

It does kind of "dull" the pure opiate high if you have enough opiates. But, if you don't, it increases your overall "fuckedupedness". Yes, that is a scientific, medically-recognized term.

Sorry, I am stoned. :)

Taking a few kpins with hydrocodone definatly boosts the experience. And it doesn't make me sleepy either.

Most benzos boost my opiate experience, except for lorazepam. Lorazepam seems to dull any drug for me. I'm not saying I advocate the combo of benzos + opiates because it increases CNS depression and at least a few non-tolerant people have died from this combo. Although, I must admit I enjoy the effects of benzos + opiates. Using in moderation and knowing your tolerance (to both opiates and benzos) is key.

I wouldn't say a boost really, more of a synergy, kind of like the synergy effect of LSD + MDMA.

I've combined opiates with valium and also klonopin, and the benzos didnt dull the opiates at all. This is a dangerous combo, so I always do less then normal of the benzo and the opiate when i combine.

Xanax is the only benzo i've done, but i'd say it dulls the effects of opiates. Don't like it mixed.

The only mix I've ever done is Klonopin+Hydrocodone and it was definitely more intense than just the hydrocodone alone. I would say that it was definitely a boost.

I like a little valium w/my dope

and in the interests of harm reduction it's not a good idea, so please do as I say, not as I do 8)

dull unless its 30mg or less of valium then it CAN enhance it depending on how much opiates i take

IME
alprazolam/clonazepam dull it
lorazepam dulls it less than the above and adds a certain trip aspect to it :\ - not enjoyable at all really

Last edited: