• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight Motorcycle Club

Have you ever crashed/dropped your bike?

• Total voters
I never owned a bike, but on holiday my friend rented a moped, and I crashed it into a cliff face. This was due to me never having driven one before and trying to do a 180 turn on a narrow hilly/mountain road. Just accellearted too early in the turn, and went straight into it, fell of and hit me forehead on a rock. Not a bad crash by any means, more amusing than painful, (in hindsight, at the time my head hurt like a bitch).

^Could have been worse. You could have been on top of the cliff at the time.

jude, I hope you remember where all the nuts & bolts went. Nothing worse than having a handful of thready things & wondering if they really matter :D

haha, yeah that's it.

I've taken apart a good few things in my time & stared at a bolt or a nut thinking "where the fuck does that go?", or "I don't remember you....."

That looks like a nice little project you've got yourself jude. There is something satisfying about getting into the guts & sorting it up & getting it all clean. I'm planning on moving house sometime soon & it must have a garage, cos the old shed just don't cut it anymore.

Luckily they are very simple machines to work on. You can take one to individual components with a 9mm to 17mm spanner set, screwdriver, hammer and chisel.

I will need a wiring diagram though as, well, it was not exactly wired up properly when I bought it so I just gutted it of 25+ years of bodged wiring.

I feel a little lightheaded now as I just spent five hours removing what turned out to be six (six!!) coats of different coloured paint with thinners. Looks like it was something similar to British Racing Green originally. I'm going to spray it either that or a nice Orange.

DSCI0985-1.jpg

i had this gorgeous thing 10 years ago.

45806_1562622554944_1516762134_1393908_6806890_n.jpg

fuck i miss it

Sorry fpr the delay on the cub, but I took my AX-1 on a 1500K, with 500 hard off road, tour from Phnom penh, up close to the Vietnam Border and thrn up to near the Laos border in Rattankiri province. Rainy season, only jungle paths to follow. Not even single track. Nearly killed me, haha.

DSCI0966.jpg

*that photo is pretty close to my city, maybe 40k, took the long way on the way out.

Came back with ten days to make a premises into my bar, and am doing all the interior myself so the cub is just in bits in my spare room looking like this

DSCI1112.jpg

as am up the fucking walls this week:)

If anybody wants to holiday here next month, I can provide booze and mopeds for loan. No license required;)

Sounds great jude. I'd love to come over & see ya, but I would really (and I mean really) need a good excuse to get away from the missus & kids!

Did you take any more photographs on your travels?

I'm constrained by time at the moment but over the next few months I'm going to get my bike license. I have my learners for a bike so that's a start.

After looking around, and taking into consideration the sort of riding I will be doing; I'm 95% sold on the Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'll keep until I feel I'm up to a 600 and then I like the idea of a Yamaha R6. I think I'd kill myself on an R1.

2009-kawasaki-ninja-250r-13_1600x0w.jpg

btw, Jude that's a great offer.

If I manage to get over your part of the world i'll gladly take you up on that.

Almost time to winterize and put the bike away for the winter. It always makes me sad to do that....then I just count down the days until the spring.

I want to take off the passenger seat and add some side mounted saddlebags, it's too fucking bad the ones I want are $500 brand new. I'll have to keep my eyes open this winter for possibly getting a used set online. :)

I think this thread is long overdue for a bump. ;)

I haven't been riding as much as I'd like to and today is going to be my last ride as I start school in a different location this week.

Hmm, I mainly ride a 2006 Ducati 999, which I love. I need to do pistons and rings on my 83 rz350 two smoke.... I love the RING A DING DING and reeking blue smoke of that thing...

Previously, I had a 2004 YZF-R1. I destroyed it (but luckly did not destroy my self) in a wee mishap at the track.

Unfortunately, my vintage cub project, seen at the top of the page is in the same state it was in nearly a year ago. My business and family are higher on my list right now.

I did pick up an old DR250 trail bike to keep the AX-1 for more street use:

DSCI2130.jpg

It was pretty tatty when I got it, so a quick strip, clean and respray plus covered the seat, new tyres, filters, handguards and for shoes fixed that. I bought it for $500 and it's been good.

But now it's up for sale as I drank the orange kool-aid=D - and bought this high maintenance beauty:

ktm.jpg

Whenever I get back to the cub project I will update it here.

Just got a KLR650.
It's my first bike and I'm loving it so far!
2011-09-12190134.jpg

I've been riding it for three weeks now and I've already laid it down while I was on a ride with my dad. >__<

Nice bike Keaton! You might want to think about the 690cc kit for it. Gives another 10hp;)

Thanks!
Hmm..That's very tempting, I'll have to check up on how much that costs.

Rode in the rain today for the first time...

At some point, I'd like to have one of these in my garage...
Rizoma_Ducati-Multistrada.jpg

Or one of these
2009-ducati-monster-1100--4_460x0w.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I managed to get to close the bar for the first days off since april%)

I also managed to convince my Mrs to let me use those days to take the KTM and try ad reach a city 300km away without touching tarmac:D

The terrain is kinda like this:

337973_10150322273580742_25334985741_7727920_370199729_o.jpg

I'm the one on the orange bike, who has not dumped it;)