⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Better Call Saul

The episode was really bad.
There's not much going for this show, anymore.
I don't like any of the minor characters and the plots are convoluted.

Jimmy is not convincing as a master manipulator.
Like when he says, "I wouldn't know anything about that," to the Kettlemans.
Who (even bad liars) would potentially reveal themselves by saying that?
He seems to shift from brilliant to utterly idiotic.

I didn't buy how hesitant he was to take the bribe, either.

One of the only things I liked in the episode was:
Mark: What's your name?
Jimmy: Saul.
Mark: Saul?
Jimmy: S'all good, man.

Sorry, I meant to say:

1 fuck1ng <3 th1s show!

I just wish they wouldn't try to include the old characters, messes with the continuity imo.

Agreed.

In an unprecedented move, this show was picked up for a 2nd season before the 1st episode even aired.

IMO neither Tuco nor Saul have lived up to their BB counterparts so far.
NO WAY the Tuco i remember would have let those skateboarders live, and especially not willing to negotiate their punishment with the dude who attempted to rip off his grandmother.
the only reason Tuco let Jesse and Walt live for so long was their usefulness in meth production, he wasted people who WORKED for him...

Yip, this episode was also shit.

The humour is too silly, the acting is crap, I dislike the characters (including Saul and Mike, who were brilliant in BB), the storyline is shit. That really doesn't leave a lot to enjoy. The only reason I'm watching it at this point is because of breaking bad's brilliance.

I just can't get over how insanely boring some of the storylines are. Like the stuff with the rival lawfirm and his brother. They just have no substance whatsoever and I end up wishing the scene was over.

Mediocre television aint good.

Yip, this episode was also shit.

The humour is too silly, the acting is crap, I dislike the characters (including Saul and Mike, who were brilliant in BB), the storyline is shit. That really doesn't leave a lot to enjoy. The only reason I'm watching it at this point is because of breaking bad's brilliance.

I just can't get over how insanely boring some of the storylines are. Like the stuff with the rival lawfirm and his brother. They just have no substance whatsoever and I end up wishing the scene was over.

Mediocre television aint good.

the brother's the most annoying of all.
and who gives a shit about the identity of some law firm, which is pretty much the entire basis of the last episode... i could give a shit
I wanna see at least SOME action, if i wanted a legal thriller i would read a John Grisham novel.

Are you guys fucked in the head?

TXyHok9.jpg

I mean, seriously.

I disagree with that. Breaking bad still overshadows better call saul...
can't even compare the two.

I wouldn't even compare the two. Better Call Saul feels more like a dark comedy.

It's not funny... and why not compare them, in terms of overall quality?

If you think The Godfather is better than the 3rd season of How I Met Your Mother, that doesn't imply that they're aiming to achieve the same reaction from audiences. Comparison is inevitable. I can't help but compare Tarantino's films to his body of work, for example... Doesn't matter if they're the same genre. They're comparable as a product of the artist and as a piece of art/entertainment, in general.

If you don't think films of different genres can be compared, then - what - you don't believe in rating films at all?
How can a film get 4 stars, without being compared to all other films?

Everything is relative.
Better Call Saul has to be seen in context.
It is nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad.
Doesn't matter if it's a black comedy.
It's badly written and badly acted.

Are you guys fucked in the head?

Everybody I know in real life doesn't like this show. There are literally no exceptions.
I was speaking to my brother the other day (he, too, was a huge fan of BB). Haven't spoken to him in weeks.
I asked him what he thought of it, without indicating my opinion. He groaned and said that it's off to a rough start...

My girlfriend has stopped watching already.
I'm not sure if I'll keep watching past the next episode.

Last edited:
You're right. In terms of overall quality, Breaking Bad is a better show so far but I say give this show a chance. I'm getting the feeling people where expecting this show to have the same feel as Breaking Bad. I liked the last episode and thought his publicity stunt was hilarious.

I'm giving it just as much chance as any other show.
I really want it to be better than it is, and I actually wanted it do be different than Breaking Bad.

me said:
I was expecting (or hoping for) something a bit different to Breaking Bad.

It is very similar to BB, in many ways, but it's not nearly as good.

Breaking bad is the best show ever made IMO. I like to think that after the last episode when Jesse got away he escaped to Alaska and lived a happy life, altho he most likely commits suicide or goes on an insane drug binge and overdoses. as WW said, Jesse was always more of a danger to himself than others...
one thing i wish they had added was a scene where Walt tries his own product. ALtho some may think it is not in his character, it could have been yet another way of demonstrating his evolution of character. He was seen trying marijuana, his first cigarette, and obviously begins as an innocent, super smart, albeit rather naive high school chemistry teacher and ends up a sociopathic, super smart, drug lord/murderer. Pretty drastic change.
So IMO Walt trying the blue stuff wouldn't have been too off-character towards the end of the series.

this show surpasses breaking bad for me

am really enjoying the direction this show is taking, and am wetting myself in anticipation for what is to come from it

this show surpasses breaking bad for me

You have poor taste. this show is nothing compared to BB. Poor storyline, tries to be like a John Grisham novel but without the value.
Even Saul Goodman was much better in BB,
Tuco has demonstrated MUCH poorer acting so far in Better call saul, i wasn't impressed whatsoever compared to his performance in BB.
The only character who hasn't disappointed so far is Mike, who hasn't appeared much so far anyway.
I don't know any BB fan in real life who says this show even comes close to comparing