Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Better Call Saul

Just finished episode 6. Wow's it's getting good, with Mike getting into the picture. Interested to see how this plays out.

As for it being slow, I didn't really think it was. I thought it did a good job of setting up the second season
I had no problem with the drawn-out pacing in the first season if it meant shit was going downnn in the second season.

After the season premier last night, it was more of the same. Nothing really happened.

I'm not faulting the series and I will continue to watch it. I was just expecting the speed/action to be more akin to Breaking Bad, which is a bit unfair but no unreasonable.

SEASON 3 is pretty good so far. still the same slowness, it's cool tho, it makes the show what it is

Season 3 ?

I gotta say, I like Michael Mando's acting, even a bad guy like him knows that Tuco is not one to even pretend to be friends with. Also liked how when Mike left at the end and got on his car, left his gangsta pose like he felt bad for the old man/probably thinking the guy's got a load on his conscience about killing people....for now. The breaking point with Jimmy vs Chuck/Cliff/Kim and Mike vs. the World is approaching, shit's gonna be rough in the latter half of the season. I think we're all right in assuming there is a maximum of 4 seasons for this show considering Bank's age, he still looks a bit older like he did in s5A of BrBa, but a couple other seasons with more episodes than 10, say 12 to 14 each would be just the right time for things to end up with Saul as we first knew him, at least working that way for a little time. But he's got some bad shit with Nacho in the oven, I'm sure somebody mentioned in this thread that [spoilers]when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul he says, it was Ignacio (Nacho)!!! it was him! who sent you ? De Lalo?" We'll get to know for sure why.[/spoilers]

How do I put spoilers, you know the black bar thing? I tried [spoilers /spoilers] but nope...help please.

Also sick shit Nacho has to live with, some piece of cranium in his chest, the same place where Mike got a bullet. Ugh. "Tried to take it out myself but it's pretty much stuck there" OUCH. And yeah, even up in Canada, the doctor will remove the thing, but cops will likely have to come to talk to you at the hospital or later, that cannot be unreported. Although Mexico's closer, although I got a feeling Nacho is fully nationalized.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why some people were expecting a similar pace to breaking bad. One of the things I love about BCS is how different it is while being set up in the same city and fictional world.

I also love the portrayal of Jimmy and his honest striving to do the right thing, despite his tendency to revert back to his Slippin Jimmy ways.

I do compare though, and this is what makes me like the character more. BB was supposed to be a portrayal of a good person turning bad. However from my point of view BCS is a bit more complex. In a sense, Saul Goodman and Slippin Jimmy are pretty much the same person, I guess you can say that Saul is simply the 'Chimp with a machine gun' (as Chuck referred to him with a law degree).

BB is a story about a fall from grace, the other about someone who was dodgy to start with trying hard to find redemption in a world unwilling to grant a second chance.

Fuck, as he should be called now, thinks he got Jimmy with his tape. But if anybody noticed, Jimmy when he remembered to touch the "thing" to ground yourself at the door, he made quite a bzzzt. He might have been recording too...

New season started!!

One of the best on TV in the last few years, even got better with each season. Beyond excited for this season :) about to put on the first episode

id say its the best show running these days.
Agreed, soon Fargo again though, couple of years ago it was like an episode of that second season and BCS every week, good times. Underrated show for sure, in a lot of aspects as good as, or even better than, Breaking Bad imo.

I watched a couple eps but found it too slow. Is it worth persevering with?
Yes! Only really gets into gear in season 3, and gets even better afterwards, although the first two are also good imo. It remains slow, but everything from the story, dialogues and simple pacing of the scenes really clicks and it makes for amazing TV but it has to be your thing. I'd keep watching personally but you need to decide for yourself ofcourse.

Man, season 5!! Who's watching, so good, last two episodes were amazing. Tonight is the season finale, I cannot wait :)

I watched up to season 4 and now looked up season 5. Online it says season 5 is airing on Netflix, yet I'm looking at it right now and it's not on here

Season 5 was amazing, especially the second half. Good god. Lol you guys are still talking about season 4...I got it all on files and I'll get the blu-ray sometimes too.

Now waiting for the final season, as the writers and the team retreated to a private island to write and thankfully New Mexico/Albuquerque isn't a hotbed of covid and they've used very subtle age-reducing tech on Jonathan Banks' face (Mike). You guys are missing out big time. Last 2 episodes of season 5 will raise the hair on your neck. Thankfully even if I didn't pirate it, we get AMC on regular packages in Canada, so I could watch it live, but commercials piss me off so much I wouldn't endure it anymore. As for those who find it slow....it's like Michael Mando said....those writers are geniuses....it's like a slingshot...they pull slowly...slowly...slowly.....then let it go and it goes BAM.

A lot of people were saying that about Breaking Bad back then, I finally got some people to sit down and take the time to get into it, they couldn't finish season 1, which is incomplete due to that old writers strike back in '07, and it's slightly goofy and soap-opera-ish, but that quickly goes away comes season 2. The character development and attention to detail in that universe is what makes the insane and action/intense payoffs so effective in both shows.

Last edited: