• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT vs. MDMA

Rectal AMT has only given me a headache once or twice (out of hundreds of times using it that way). Of course, YMMV. But for sure it feels unpleasant during the come-up, which lasts 2.5 hours orally and 1 hour rectally.

I should note that I have only taken AMT in moderate doses subcutaneously and intramuscularly. I've bumped it before at low doses (burns but not bad more of a pleasant burning than anything).

By bumped do you mean rectal? If so, I agree it can burn a bit... nothing big. If you mean snorted, then I disagree... it burns terribly in the nose and makes you smell AMT for hours! Totally not worth it. The burn lasts for like 15-20 minutes too.

yeah I meant snorted

I'm trying to think if I ever took AMT rectally...I feel like I *might* have but can't remember now honestly :)

its not bad though compared to MET or DMT or 2CB (the three burned pretty bad snorted)

i definitely won't be snorting it (AMT smells like ass) and i think i'm going to play it safe and just eat it rather than trying to IM it. i would take it rectally but with all the opiates i've been using lately, my pipes are a bit clogged :\ i guess that might not matter when i actually take it sometime next summer but who knows, i may give in a decide i'd rather take AMT than MDMA + 2c-b + k (well, the k is a given regardless but you know what i mean ;))

I've taken this drug a couple times but I've never noticed the awful taste, smell, or nausea people describe. I'm pretty sure its the same drug because it has the long come up, not super visual, but long duration. 25 mg is the max I've taken though. Can different synths vary in taste and smell? It is from a reliable vendor btw.

Yeah the HCl or other salt forms don't reek like rotting cheese nearly as much as the freebase.

Xorkoth I'm surprised you call this your favorite recreational drug... are you saying you prefer this over all psychedelics? Or are you saying you don't find this one psychedelic like LSD, DOC, etc.

To me AMT is a classical, totally psychedelic tryptamine. Ain't no party drug unless your parties are psychedelic :)

That's good to know. My amt is hcl. I'm definitely going to up the dosage next time for a more psychedelic experience.

i am one of the few who doesn't enjoy amt at all. never threw up from it, (45-50mg) but just felt like i had the flu for 8 hours or so, then developed the biggest headache in my life afterwards. If i didn't have a valium to take, it would have be unbearable... I wish i could get the mdma-like feelings from this like most people do. Maybe if i tried a higher dose, but after my one trial with it, i am scared to try again..and it's a long-ass trip - if i experienced the same effects as last time it would really suck.

^^
You took too much for "MDMA-like" feelings. Try cutting your dose in half instead of raising the dose next time if this is what you're looking for. But again, AMT is not a replacement for MDMA at any dose. To me this is almost like saying LSD or DMT are "MDMA-like" because they can give you feelings of euphoria.

It's kind of like calling MDMA and opiate like experience. Yes there are similarities but they won't take you very far.

I find AMT very recreational. I love MDMA but it turns me into an utter sweaty idiot whereas AMT gives me similar feelings without the sprawling about, blurting random nonsense stuff. I tend to use AMT in clubs now, meaning I can talk to people I know and not look like I'm on the tale end of leukemia. I now save MDMA for acid/2C-B combos.

Generally I tend to think of it as psychedelic MDMA at lower doses (40-60mg) and more MDA like at high doses (100mg+) with fun confusion and lots of visuals yet more clarity.

Really though, it's just so damn different every time. I've had everything from 8 hours of head rushes & visuals to visuals taking effect after 30 minutes and combining with an MDMA like high for the next few hours gradually tapering off to going through an MDMA like stage for the first 3 hours progressing into a psychedelic stage for the last 4 hours followed by long stimulation or just being full on MDA style ruined for about 24+ hours.

I really find it to be very different depending on dosage and the usage of ketamine/cannabis (which consequently it goes very well with). Cannabis seems to bring out the psychedelic edge and you seem to be more lucid in a k-hole and can come out of them chatting away about what's just happened instead of being left a mess until the ketamine wears off like with MDMA.

I enjoy it so much that I am comfortable with using it at afterparties following clubs by myself when everybody else is on MDMA/pills/coke or whatever. That said a little bit of anxiety can creep in if you realise you're tripping and nobody else is. I usually have Xanax on hand and it's never any problem seeing through the 20 minutes until it smooths the edge off.

I've heard it described as tryptamine MDMA and I'd definitely agree with this. For anyone that enjoys AMT and enjoys candyflips, me and a friend did 60mg AMT about 8 hours after doing acid and started getting visuals within about 15 minutes. We both commented how similar this was to a Candyflip and subsequently named it an Antiflip (AMTi-flip sounds wrong, it was an anti-depressant and it's the opposite of a candyflip). Very much recommended, lots more clarity but not quite as good. Music doesn't sound quite as special as a candyflip but it's got a similar vibe and k-holes are total visual meltdowns. God knows how good it would be taken earlier into the trip or with strong acid.

Last edited:
Yeah the HCl or other salt forms don't reek like rotting cheese nearly as much as the freebase.

Xorkoth I'm surprised you call this your favorite recreational drug... are you saying you prefer this over all psychedelics? Or are you saying you don't find this one psychedelic like LSD, DOC, etc.

To me AMT is a classical, totally psychedelic tryptamine. Ain't no party drug unless your parties are psychedelic :)

That's correct, I do not find AMT to be fully psychedelic... it's more like a psychedelic empathogen to me. It does not have the capacity to alter my entire reality, or at least it seems... it's more like it makes me feel really good and gives me that cognitive braching effect that tryptamines do. Its only visuals or me are a boldening of colors and a fuzzy halo around lights, and maybe some blobs of color a la low-dose mescaline... definitely nothing more than that, even when I've taken it up to 60-80mg.

In the past half a year I've taken AMT again a couple of times, and found it to be less amazing than I remember. Actually, it was quite excellent when I took some with Gaian Planes when he came to visit, but DOC has definitely overtaken AMT in terms of my favorite recreational/utilitarian drug. If the dose is right with DOC, the state it produces is amazing, and both recreational and useful.

I still love AMT though, and I still vastly prefer it to MDMA.

Xorky, it's a little dissapointing to hear your viewa have changed on aMT. duly noted...

I can't wait to try mixing aMT with another tryptamine, or LSD.

Last edited:
i used to love MDMA, and to this day, that trip back when i was 18 with MDMA will always stick in my mind, tho it lost its magic very quickly, and aMT soon become a better high, love the stimulating come up, the oh so clean feeling,, the feeling of content, euphoria, love builds up inside of u slowly and is not forced, i wish i could get some :!

Honestly I'm totally surprised you guys all don't have solid +++ mindfuck trips at doses of 60mg.

I had a visual +++ on 30mg, and another time similar in psychedelic intensity to 100ug or so of LSD at about 25mg. Who knows, maybe I was just a noob back in the days when I actually had some AMT to try.

I could definitely see taking 20mg or so for social enhancement (which I guess would translate into 40mg+ for most of youse guys) however.

Starting to feel like I'm beating the dead horse in this thread.... so I'll shut up now. It's obvious I'm just a lightweight :D

I have always wanted to try alpha methyl tryptamine.

But I hear of three quarters of the users vomiting on it and having intense visuals. I'm a big fan of the visuals for sure but the vomiting is something MDMA does not do.

MDMA I've tried 200 times and I bet it's probably better. Makes you feel better than fucking cocaine, lol.

I mean no one around here has heard of AMT or sells it. It's pretty frustrating for sure...

mdma and amt arent even in the same class. mdma temporarily satisfies you with a false sense of clarity and perfection, and a happiness thats forced. amt doesnt even deserve to be rated against mdma, because it is an all encompassing of mind, body and soul and not just the orange peel. it reaches inside you and plants seeds of contentment and wisdom. amt is one of my all time favorite drugs. if mdma is going to be compared to something, it shouldnt be to amt, more like methylone or mbdb. if you like the orange peel then stick with the mdma. if you want the seeds to plant the orange tree, AMT

stop talking about amt already! ;)
every thread about amt makes me want to try it even more. why isn't it on the black market?