• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT vs. MDMA

^it is on the black market, you just have to be tied into the right people.

Everytime I read this thread it makes me want to eat a nice fat dose of aMT.

I don't know where you fuckers find AMT.

Because around here absolutely no one knows about it or has heard about it. But all this hype has got me wanting to do it more than any other drug I haven't done.

^it is on the black market, you just have to be tied into the right people.
i could buy whole sheets of acid if i wanted to, get offered shrooms all the time and have access to dmt. but no one i've ever talked to has even heard of amt...
someone should offer training courses for dealers ;)

i read in some decent synths on the web that (+)aMT is 5 times more potent as a stimulant than (-)aMT... this along with the many different forms that aMT comes is could have something to do with the varying experience reports.

I have now gotten the money and proper source for AMT and im very experienced with MDMA and other RC's.

Is AMT is illegal or scheduled here in Canada?

I have gotten 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, Mephedrone & Methylone in the near past without any trouble so if AMT is in the same legal category as the previously mentioned RCs I am not worried.

I am worried because I didn't see any law for it in Canada so am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this!

p.s. How does it compare with 2C-B (illegal I know).

So far as I know legal in Canada. I'd love to get some, but I'm in the US, and the idea of ordering something specifically schedule 1 makes me more than a little nervous. MDMA long since lost it's magic for me. To be honest it never had much magic to begin with, probably due to hardcore methamphetamine abuse.

This is a no brainer for me. Many years ago the "magic" of MDMA was lost for me as some of the others have previously posted, however, AMT was nothing in the way of euphoric to me whatsoever. Very dull and uninteresting visuals that never really took off, feeling slightly feverish and finishing off with one of THE worst headaches I have ever experienced in my life.

So, although MDMA isn't nearly as fun as it used to be, it is at the very least still quite inviting and comfortable in comparison to AMT.

If you get the dose right, AMT is about equivalent to a candy flip... I VASTLY prefer AMT to MDMA even with the nausea on the come up - hell pills usually make me puke anyway...

Like i said in another thread... AMT is like dropping 4 strong pills and then being smacked with a psychedelic hammer to the head a few hours later and the effect lasts at least 10 hours plateau.. Then you come down, go to sleep, maybe have a headache in the morning... even when I binged on it for 24 hours straight one time and was up tripping like 30 hours on it, I still only passed out - though I woke up 19 hours later.,..

And *NO I DONT RECOMMEND GOING ON AN AMT BENDER - I had been using it a LOT (just ask some of the mods around here) and may have had a tolerance or an addiction, who knows anymore... I know my friend almost took me to the hospital because I started babbling incoherently for awhile and just dont*

But there is no MDMA crash... in fact, AMT leaves you feeling rather uplifted for up to a few weeks after just one dosing...

I have now gotten the money and proper source for AMT and im very experienced with MDMA and other RC's.

Is AMT is illegal or scheduled here in Canada?

I have gotten 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, Mephedrone & Methylone in the near past without any trouble so if AMT is in the same legal category as the previously mentioned RCs I am not worried.

I am worried because I didn't see any law for it in Canada so am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this!

p.s. How does it compare with 2C-B (illegal I know).

AMT is perfectly legal in Canada. Only the usual chems that are scheduled by the United Nations are illegal in Canada. So 2C-B and DOM are illegal, but other rc's that are illegal in the USA such as AMT, 5-MeO-DiPT or 2C-T-7 are not illegal in Canada.

Canada does not have a catch all analog clause like the US, or a phenethylamine, tryptamine or cathinone clause ike in the UK. The only analog clause we have is for amphetamines and dissociatives. Strangely enough cathinones are not listed under amphetamines, so cathinone amphetamines are exempt from the amphetamine clause and therefore cathinones such as methylone, mephedrone and MDPV are not illegal in Canada. Cathinone amphetamines are not caught under the amphetamine analog clause the parent chemical "cathinone" is specifically listed separately from the amphetamines and is not considered an amphetamine in Canadian scheduling. Amphetamine analogs such as 4-FA and the DOx are illegal and 6-APB is illegal as an analog of the amphetamine MDA.

The scheduled amphetamines DOET and DOC, and DOM and DOB are all specifically scheduled and their analogs are considered illegal amphetamine analogs. One could argue that 2C-E, 2C-C, 2C-D are analogs of the amphetamine DOx's, but they are not amphetamines so they are generally considered legal and many shipments of 2C's have been stopped at customs and released. Sometimes customs confiscates legal research chemicals without giving any explanation, but charges have not been laid as far as I know. Interestingly DOI is not specifically scheduled, so 2C-I is even less of a grey area then the other 2C's, but all of the 2C's are considered legal due to their acceptance. Except for 2C-B of course, which is specifically scheduled under Canadian and United Nations law.

Under PCP the analogs and salts and esters of the analogs of PCP are considered illegal and strangely Canada scheduled ketamine on the basis that it is an analog of PCP which is a very far stretch. So the PCP analog clause is generally considered to include any dissociative analogs, so 4-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCP would be considered illegal, but DXM is not as it is openly sold in cough suppresants.

It's funny because under Canadian law ALL amphetamines are supposed to be considered illegal, yet Health Canada approves the sale of ephedrine in small amounts. I suppose because Health Canada has approved ephedrine, it is okay to sell under the guidelines and restrictions, but it would be interesting to try and fight the constitionality of making all amphetamine analogs illegal based on the fact that amphetamine analogs such as ephedrine are sold openly and are not considered illegal.

The only tryptamines that are illegal are the ones illegal under UN law, such as 4-PO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT, DMT and DET as well as AET. There is NO tryptamine analog clause so DPT, AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, 4-AcO-DMT and all of the other homolouges of psilocin are not illegal.

The main rc's that are illegal in Canada are the amphetamine DOx chemicals such as DOI and DOC, as well the amphetamine analogs 6-APB, 4-FA and also the PCP analogs 3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP.

AMT is perfectly legal in Canada. Only the usual chems that are scheduled by the United Nations are illegal in Canada. So 2C-B and DOM are illegal, but other rc's that are illegal in the USA such as AMT, 5-MeO-DiPT or 2C-T-7 are not illegal in Canada.

Canada does not have a catch all analog clause like the US, or a phenethylamine, tryptamine or cathinone clause ike in the UK. The only analog clause we have is for amphetamines and dissociatives. Strangely enough cathinones are not listed under amphetamines, so cathinone amphetamines are exempt from the amphetamine clause and therefore cathinones such as methylone, mephedrone and MDPV are not illegal in Canada. Cathinone amphetamines are not caught under the amphetamine analog clause the parent chemical "cathinone" is specifically listed separately from the amphetamines and is not considered an amphetamine in Canadian scheduling. Amphetamine analogs such as 4-FA and the DOx are illegal and 6-APB is illegal as an analog of the amphetamine MDA.

The scheduled amphetamines DOET and DOC, and DOM and DOB are all specifically scheduled and their analogs are considered illegal amphetamine analogs. One could argue that 2C-E, 2C-C, 2C-D are analogs of the amphetamine DOx's, but they are not amphetamines so they are generally considered legal and many shipments of 2C's have been stopped at customs and released. Sometimes customs confiscates legal research chemicals without giving any explanation, but charges have not been laid as far as I know. Interestingly DOI is not specifically scheduled, so 2C-I is even less of a grey area then the other 2C's, but all of the 2C's are considered legal due to their acceptance. Except for 2C-B of course, which is specifically scheduled under Canadian and United Nations law.

Under PCP the analogs and salts and esters of the analogs of PCP are considered illegal and strangely Canada scheduled ketamine on the basis that it is an analog of PCP which is a very far stretch. So the PCP analog clause is generally considered to include any dissociative analogs, so 4-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCP would be considered illegal, but DXM is not as it is openly sold in cough suppresants.

It's funny because under Canadian law ALL amphetamines are supposed to be considered illegal, yet Health Canada approves the sale of ephedrine in small amounts. I suppose because Health Canada has approved ephedrine, it is okay to sell under the guidelines and restrictions, but it would be interesting to try and fight the constitionality of making all amphetamine analogs illegal based on the fact that amphetamine analogs such as ephedrine are sold openly and are not considered illegal.

The only tryptamines that are illegal are the ones illegal under UN law, such as 4-PO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT, DMT and DET as well as AET. There is NO tryptamine analog clause so DPT, AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, 4-AcO-DMT and all of the other homolouges of psilocin are not illegal.

The main rc's that are illegal in Canada are the amphetamine DOx chemicals such as DOI and DOC, as well the amphetamine analogs 6-APB, 4-FA and also the PCP analogs 3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP.

Great post, you seem to know your stuff in this area.

By reading your post I would presume Methoxetamine & Methiopropamine would be illegal in Canada. Can you confirm if this is right enough please, as I have a friend in Canada who only yesterday asked me if i had any experience of these rc's as he was considering ordering some of each.

On another note, I will need to try some of this AMT asap. For some reason I wasn't keen on it but it sounds amazing.

aMT beats MDMA in my book overall but I still like both.

First of all I'd say it's important to know/remember that aMT effects people significantly differently where as MDMA has a narrower range of effects on people from my experience and reading. (For the record aMT is very very much like MDMA to me as I get no psychedelic element to it. Only euphoria/empathy etc.)

Also, I can't stress enough to people who mention the nausea issue with aMT that it can be significantly reduced or removed completely by taking travel sickness tablets an hour in advance. 2 is usually the best bet and works like a dream for many people I know.

Here are my personal pros and cons of aMT vs MDMA.

First of all there are the obvious pros that both drugs share like great euphoria, increased music appreciation, empathy etc, and the cons that both have like sore jaw muscles, but here are the differences for me:

aMT pros
-----------
* It's long lasting (I get at least 6 hours but can be up to 12 all in from my usual 50mg dose (oral))
* It's a controlled high (I have no problem functioning and acting appropriately and sensibly if needs be.)
* It makes me very creative (the controlled high means I can keep my mind from losing focus so can enjoy the creative enhancing properties of it without being distracted easily like which is the case with certain other drugs)
* Can be redosed effectively for up to 3 days if desired (i've managed to keep the same high for a considerable length of time on aMT. The same can't be said of MDMA)
* No comedown (I feel and can function perfectly normally the day(s) after)
* Cost (it's a very cost effective drug as a little goes a long way)
* Legality
* Ease of sourcing

aMT cons
-----------
* It takes a long time to come up (2 hours for me from base so some forward planning is needed which may not always be ideal)
* It's total duration means it's difficult to have a quiet night/short session on it (This doesn't bother me too much but it does mean it limits it's applications)
* It's redose ability pro can also be a con as it can make you stay up for too long taking it (missing 2 or 3 nights sleep is never a good thing)
* Without travel sickness tablets it makes people feel nauseous, sometimes very.
* It can still sometimes have a touch of the tryptamine feeling which can make me feel a bit disconnected from others
* Difficult administration due to 0.000mg scales being needed and the planning that requires
* The drug often smells pretty fowl

MDMA pros
-------------
* Relatively short on set. Usually half an hour at most
* Maximum of 6 hours duration for me so can be useful for a shorter session
* Superior feelings of empathy over aMT (but not by that much)
* The best drug to dance on
* Easy administration with pills or eyed lines

MDMA neutral
------------------
* Can make me unfocused (which can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation. Sometimes it's fun to lose it a bit)

MDMA cons
-------------
* Comedown (the #1 reason I avoid MDMA now as it will tend to ruin the following days after)
* Expense (good pills are about £10/each)
* Legality
* Sourcing (this depends on certain specifics of the situation but you know what I mean)
* Short duration (6 hours is good, but 12 hours is better)

That's about all I can think about at this moment but I'm sure there are a few more.

Wow I had no idea AMT was this good, I went on the notion that if a UK vendor sold something that it would be pretty naff, but you guys have such solid love for AMT its pretty cool. How does AMT compared to a LSA/yopo (high dose 18+beans) trip?

First of all there are the obvious pros that both drugs share like great euphoria, increased music appreciation, empathy etc, and the cons that both have like sore jaw muscles, but here are the differences for me:

Actually, I have not had increased music appreciation on AMT. Increased appreciation for lyrics, certainly, but music was pretty much the same as sober.

aMT cons
-----------
* It takes a long time to come up (2 hours for me from base so some forward planning is needed which may not always be ideal)

IMO this is a pro. It gives you ample time to take care of what you need to do (eat, shit, get whatever you want to bring with you on the trip, travel to your setting).

IME a distinguishing characteristic of AMT is a light, lucid, transparent feeling of body, mind, and heart.

Wow I had no idea AMT was this good, I went on the notion that if a UK vendor sold something that it would be pretty naff, but you guys have such solid love for AMT its pretty cool.

AMT is love. <3

Wow I had no idea AMT was this good, I went on the notion that if a UK vendor sold something that it would be pretty naff, but you guys have such solid love for AMT its pretty cool.

The drugs I've had from UK vendors over the last few years, especially this year, have been as good, if not better, than any drugs I've had illegally over the last 15 years.

I have no idea why these two drugs are even being compared - to me they feel absolutely nothing alike.... and AMT's strength is certainly not as a recreational euphoriant... MDMA is FAR better suited for that IMHO

The drugs I've had from UK vendors over the last few years, especially this year, have been as good, if not better, than any drugs I've had illegally over the last 15 years.

I agree, Only coming to the RC scene for a bit of legal amphet, when the ban came in i left it for a while thinking its all crap form here on. Now i come back and find gems like aMT and MXE that have given me expierences like i've never had from anything illegal over the past 25 years.

I have to say that personally I find AMT far superior to MDMA in every way but I feel that is because I much prefer the psychedelic experience. AMT is a good psychedelic in high doses, in low doses both oral and smoked I find it uninteresting and not really worth doing, anything above 50mg with plenty of weed is an awesome experience which I would recommend to any psychonaut. If you are looking for something like MDMA dont bother with a low dose of AMT as it's not really that similar you are far better off just taking MDMA if that is what you are after.

I'd just like to add that the nausea that people speak of was something I didn't really notice with AMT but my girlfriend had some real vomiting fits when she tried a good dose so I think it depends on the person really.

Can you bomb it in a paper and take it orally? What's the right starting dose as I've never tried it before?

its weird to me that everyone is loving amt. when i tried it, it just made me really anxious for like 12 hours.