• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT vs. MDMA

a bunch of freaks, the lot of you! =D

i have been known to gorge myself when completely high off my ass but other than that, it would take a serious amount of starvation for me to eat that much in one sitting. i'm extremely small so i eat within my means.

aMT smells like it comes from your bum, if you had a real bad diet and diarrhea. aMT is lame IMHO. combining aMT+MDMA, now that's something gooood

I have to say that aMT is, in my opinion, far superior to MDMA. It lasts longer, you feel amazing, the day after isn't nearly as bad and the lovey emotions are there but they aren't pushy like they are with MDMA.

Does the dose change with rectal administration?

how do people here rate aMT in terms of gaining from the experience on a long-term level? I'm not sure where I stand on that... I think I probably did somewhat, just can't pin point how...

euphoricnod said:
I have to say that aMT is, in my opinion, far superior to MDMA. It lasts longer, you feel amazing, the day after isn't nearly as bad and the lovey emotions are there but they aren't pushy like they are with MDMA.

It doesn't seem to by much if at all. I think Xorkoth also found that it didn't change the dosage much. Just smoother.

and to the poster above, I didn't get much from my experience except the knowledge that AMT is really fun. I think you could get a lot from it if set and setting were just right though.

AMT ehanced my aesthetic appreciation of everything around me, so it's different to MDMA in that for me MDMA is focused inwards whereas AMT is more orientated to outward experiences, like psychedelics.

To get a real inward looking, MDMA like experience, I found a bit of ketamine on top of the AMT did the trick (and this was at a festival where I'm much more inclined to be outgoing rather than introspective)

I wager AMT would be closer to MMDA for me, but thats just a guess because I haven't had MMDA (yet!)

this is my sad puppy face :(

it will now stick in all of your minds so whenever you run across any MMDA you will ring up your old buddy gaian smiles and schedule a visit :)

When I tried AMT at 40 mg, I didn't really experience any entactogen-like effects. It was a nice & also intense (probably because of the high dose) psychedelic, though. Weird...

Gaian Planes said:
I wager AMT would be closer to MMDA for me, but thats just a guess because I haven't had MMDA (yet!)

this is my sad puppy face :(

it will now stick in all of your minds so whenever you run across any MMDA you will ring up your old buddy gaian smiles and schedule a visit :)

Actually MMDA is like no other psychedelic - the closest I could describe it as would be something like combining MDA + opium/heroin with a little ket thrown in (and even that is still fairly different)

Like I said, it's a very weird drug indeed. Makes me wonder what DMMDA would be like...

fastandbulbous said:
AMT ehanced my aesthetic appreciation of everything around me, so it's different to MDMA in that for me MDMA is focused inwards whereas AMT is more orientated to outward experiences, like psychedelics.

To get a real inward looking, MDMA like experience, I found a bit of ketamine on top of the AMT did the trick (and this was at a festival where I'm much more inclined to be outgoing rather than introspective)

hmm, after reading this i think i'm going to stick with MDMA (and 2c-b and k :D) on this occasion and save the AMT for the summer festival season. thanks bulbous one =D

(zonk) said:
aMT smells like it comes from your bum, if you had a real bad diet and diarrhea. aMT is lame IMHO. combining aMT+MDMA, now that's something gooood

To me it smells like a chemical fertilizer... I never saw how it smelled like feces. maybe if you ate some miracle-gro or something. =D

Combining AMT and MDMA sounds quite dangerous, especially given that both release monoamines (most notably serotonin). Sounds like a recipe for brain damage, even moreso than MDMA alone.

euphoricnod said:

Nope, not really. The difference is the smoothness and the come-up time. And it never leaves me with a headache rectally either.

AMT reminds me of mescaline a lot, except of course different, with a tryptamine flavor. The visual change it brings reminds me of mescaline a lot too.

planckunit said:
When I tried AMT at 40 mg, I didn't really experience any entactogen-like effects. It was a nice & also intense (probably because of the high dose) psychedelic, though. Weird...

Some people seem to find it more like a classic psychedelic... some Erowid reports describe it as wildly visual and overwhelming. For me and I think most others, it does not really resemble classic psychedelics. For me, the visuals consist of a brightening of colors and a fuzzy outline to things, especially lights. And a general sense of beauty that can't really be explained any other way.

Last edited:
yeah the color brightening effects I got predominantly in doses from 10-25mg SC.

I have never gotten the chance to try AMT. That`s the stuff Ken Kasey was on when he wrote "one flew over the cuckoo`s nest" right? How is it? Am I missing out on something? Can I get it as a RC? Or is it black market only? Any body with a quick review on it for me? Thank you!

Ah now that I think about it I`ve never had MMDA either. Whats that like?

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it smells like a chemical fertilizer... I never saw how it smelled like feces. maybe if you ate some miracle-gro or something.

The smell of shit is due to the presence of trace amounts of (the appropriately named) skatole a.k.a. 3-methylindole.

Anybody who has ever encountered it will testify to the fact that it's one of those smells that once it gets on your skin, takes fuckin' ages to get rid of because of its fat solubility (other such chemicals are 1-butanethiol/butyl mercaptan - eau de skunk & carbon disulphide - essence of farts). These are so bad in large amounts that they even have their very own chemical hazard warning - STENCH AGENT (it's there for a reason - things like ethanethiol/ethyl mercaptan are so bad that for some people, just one whiff is enough to make them puke 8o)

That`s the stuff Ken Kasey was on when he wrote "one flew over the cuckoo`s nest" right?

No he wrote that under the influence of mescaline (peyote buttons). AMT is mentioned in 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test', under the title IT-290. Kesey called it 'the Rolls-Royce of psychedelics'

fastandbulbous said:
The smell of shit is due to the presence of trace amounts of (the appropriately named) skatole a.k.a. 3-methylindole.

I know, I'm just saying that to me it doesn't really resemble shit, but rather a chemical fertilizer. I would much rather smell shit than AMT. I definitely agree that the smell digs into your skin and doesn't let go. I've actually snorted AMT... bad idea!

change-jug said:
Am I missing out on something? Can I get it as a RC? Or is it black market only? Any body with a quick review on it for me? Thank you!

AMT is my favorite recreational drug. So I would say you're missing out. Some people don't like it but I think it's great. It's schedule 1 in the US, but I doubt it's going to be found from a local dealer. You never know though. For lots more information, check out the Big and Dandy AMT thread, and read Erowid reports.

I really like the sound of this drug is it almost purely cerebral without the stimulation of mdma? Has anyone combined it with dmt? I imagine that would be heavenly.

No, it's physically stimulating too... not the same as MDMA though. It's kind of a lazy stimulation, where not moving feels as good as moving.

its stimulating. its physically rather ill feeling at the beginning and end of the experience (nausea at the beginning and headache at the end).

its a great drug otherwise!