• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Storage and Solubility

2C-E degrading during storage in solution?

In order to accurately dose 2C-X drugs, I prepare solutions of them in water (usually at 100mg in 20ml). This has not been a problem with 2C-C and 2C-I, over the time scale of 1-2 months. No apparent loss in potency, no visible signs of degradation.

With 2C-E, however, after sitting in a glass bottle in a dark drawer for only 3 weeks, I noticed a thin layer of a light-yellow solid on the bottom of the bottle - securely stuck to the bottom. The solution also had a sweet/alcohol smell, and a taste to match (though the normal taste of the 2C-E was definitely still there).

All of these chemicals are from a somewhat reputable online supplier - nice clean looking white powder with no odor when new (either as supplied or immediately after preparing solution).

Has anyone else had 2C-X drugs degrade when stored in aqueous solution like that? 2C-E doesn't look like it would be any less stable than 2C-I, but like i said, my 2C-I solution still looks good as new.

If this isn't an acceptable way to store 2C-X drugs in the 1-2 month time scale, how do you prepare these materials for accurate dosing? I have a milligram scale, but measuring out a 5-10 mg dose with an acceptable degree of accuracy with it is challenging, because of drift, stray breezes, and movements of the bench under it (all of which can make it move by 5-10 mg) - hence my practice of measuring 50-100mg, and dissolving it in water and measuring by volume.

Thanks

I've had 100 mgs of 2c-e stored in water (don't have access to alcohol) for about 3 months. Is it degraded? I want to trip tonight but now I'm kinda worried it's gone down in potency.

I've kept it in my drawer in my dresser away from light/air etc. in a closed container.

Should I boil it to destroy any organisms in there or should it be fine? (it smells and looks normal, 100% clear)

I've had 100 mgs of 2c-e stored in water (don't have access to alcohol) for about 3 months. Is it degraded? I want to trip tonight but now I'm kinda worried it's gone down in potency.

I've kept it in my drawer in my dresser away from light/air etc. in a closed container.

Should I boil it to destroy any organisms in there or should it be fine? (it smells and looks normal, 100% clear)

bump

the 2c-e should be fine. It is very stable.

i would be more worried about the probability of some of the water having evaporated over the last 3 months and now your solution is more potent than you originally thought.

I've read through the thread quickly ...
storing in water for 2-3months in a glass thingy in a dark and not to hot place should not change 2c-e, right?
(around 30mg)

^ It should be absolutely fine, but to be on the safe side I'd mix some ethanol in there, even vodka if that's all you can get.

hi,

from what i've heard, 2c-e is a pretty stable compound with very little potency loss. as i can't afford a scale accurate enough to dose it, i would solute the 2c-e in alcohol.
The problem is, that i cannot put it in the refrigerator because i still live at home (; . would it be ok, to keep the solute 2c-e at a dark place in my room, without any potency loss?

greetings :)

i solved (is that the right expression in English btw?) about 250mg in 25ml of liquor without heating and without problems.

what is the most mg that could fit into just 50ml vodka?

If you go through the thread people commonly dilute 20 mg of 2C-E per ml, so a gram in 50 ml.

You could probably easily dilute it further but accurate measuring would be more difficult.

2ce liquid storage

i already posted on the liquid measurement thread.
i am wondering how long a rc (2cx) will last in distiled water,
will it last a month or two?
is alcohol necessary for that long a storage.
i am going to weigh 50 mg 2ce on cheap 16 dollar scale.
multiple times, then i am going to measure 50 ml distilled water.
pour them together in mason jar, mix well until no 2ce can be seen,
then store for later use.

if i were to use alcohol in the mix, would it be 10ml alcohol, 40ml distiled water,
and what alcohol should i use, does high concentrate like 50 - 70% alcohol vodka work. or will your average 40% do fine.

pretty sure the 2-cx compounds are stable in powder form at room temp in a vial or something so I dont think you need to go to the trouble of diluting and all that. But in liquid things like acid, which breaks down much faster then 2ce, last for a LONG time so I dont think you really have to worry about a month or two.

im putting it in liquid to accurately measure,
right now im thinking of putting 50mg 2ce in 25ml of chivas royal scotch whiskey,(40% )
so 7ml would be 14mg of 2ce, a good introduction to the compound,
then after 2 weeks or so maybe three, 8 ml so 16mg 2ce,
then 4 weeks after that ,10 ml so 20mg 2ce,
stored in whiskey (40% ) would 2ce last for say 8 weeks, so 2 months.

If you do want to keep it in solution, the alcohol is a good idea to prevent microbial growth. I would also make the solution slightly acidic, so that the amine functionality of the 2C-E is amply protonated and won't oxidize. Also, keeping it cold and dark will probably help as well.

So, for the acid, I typically use food-grade citric acid, available in many grocery stores, import food shops or online. I suggest to use a pure acid rather than squeeze some citrus juice in, as the juice will have too many components that could decompose the 2C-E.

I stored 2C-E in a 50% alcohol solution for over a year with no discernible loss in potency. I would think that the ethanol alone would be enough to keep the amine protonated and ensure stability, but I could be wrong *shrug*

how much citric acid should i use,
say 5ml? so 20 ml whiskey 5 ml citric acid?

so "kaptain" youve had success storing 2ce for a year with 50% alcohol,
that is good to hear.
what kind of alcohol did you use, would whiskey work, i have an open bottle lying around.

I used half 95% alcohol, as in Everclear, and half distilled water. I think the only thing with the alcohol is, make sure that it's strong enough to kill any microbes that might try to grow in the solution, and make sure to keep it in a tightly sealed container so that it doesn't evaporate. I used a mason jar, and that seemed to work well.

To prevent bacteria from causing problems with your solution you want a 20% alcohol content to your solution. Vodka could be used for this, but grain alcohol is always the best choice (I use vodka due to availability, aka it seems to be in my house more often than grain). Say with a 40% alcohol by volume, 12.5mL of vodka combined with 12.5mL of distilled water will create a 20% alcohol by volume mixture.

With this preparation, bacteria will not be an issue and due to the stability of 2c-x's, the solution can last for years. I don't see the need to add any sort of acid to the solution, as like I said, 2c-x's are known for their stability in solution.

cloudy, im going to use your method,
12.5 ml whiskey 40% per volume, and 12.5 ml distilled water.
is distilled water the best type of water to use,
just making sure.
thanks for all the quick responses,
this is for SWIMS 2ci 2ce trials.

going to save 2ct7 for later.