View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Storage and Solubility

bachus

Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-E thread in which to discuss storage and solubility. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-E storage and solubility to this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2C-E is readily soluble in distilled water for concentrations around 20mg/ml

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^

A close friend said storing 2C-E in water will lead to a loss in potency. It did for him anyway. He kept it in a cool dry place, but it still seemed to degrade.

Anyone know how long 2CE will stay good for without losing it's potency?

IE; If I bought a few gram and put one away would it stay fresh for years? [So I'll still have some for personal use if it ever becomes illegal :) ]

^^^

2c-e should be pretty stable as long as you don't expose it to excessive heat or UV light. I have some 2c-e thats been at room temp for a few years and I have no loss in potency.

^You know I must have been asleep, my 2ce seems more potent but it occurs that the IPA could well be slowly evaporating ! :D

As for the stability of 2C-E,we should ask the other way round: what will kill the molecule?

Can UV light impose degradation?I think yes,to some degree,surely in a O2 environment as it is rather electron rich.But it will take long.

What will heat do?I heard it melts unchanged,but can some sort of cyclisation happen?Or,when will it ignite and go up in flame? :)

Basic conditions: Don't see anything unless you melt it with KOH.

Acid conditions:the methylethers can be cleaved under harsh conditions.

Oxidation:maybe on the alpha (to Ph) CH2? To the Chinon?See also above under UV light.

In short,your 2C-E will last 1777 years in your glass bottle.Wanna bet?

any word on how stable of a molecule 2C-E is? Kept in a dark place, room tempish. I saw MGS said early in this thread that it might degrade in water, but what about simply in powdered form?

Should be very stable, the other PEAs are. Don't know why I would have said it would degrade in water. Water is not the best solution for long-term storage though for a variety of reasons. It is best to store it dry.

you said in post 18 on the first page of this thread,

A close friend said storing 2C-E in water will lead to a loss in potency. It did for him anyway. He kept it in a cool dry place, but it still seemed to degrade.

Reguardless theres no reason to store it in water in the long term, as with access to a scale the powder is just as easy to dose. I just wanted to be sure as I'd hate to at some point stock up and come back in a year to dip in and find that all I was left with was an inert powder.

Oh yeah, that is true. Forgot about him. :)

Either way, I do not recommend people store these chemicals in anything but a glass vial. This is why one must own a scale if they are going to do this sort of thing.

Any reason for a glass vial? I was under the impression that all that mattered was keeping out moisture and light and such, is there any benefit to a glass vial other than it may be the most airtight compared to a plastic bag or similar storage devices?

If one does not have the means to fill the vial with an inert atmosphere, then I feel airtight plastic is better (air-tight, not just a ziplok). I have a couple phenethylamines stored in amber vials which have changed color over the years, presumably because of the oxygen taking up space in the vials. However, my normal storage method is to remove all air from a small ziplok containing the powder, place this in a light-proof envelope, and seal this with a vac-u-seal food sealer. This has preserved even fussy 4-HO tryptamines for long periods with no noticable degradation when stored in the freezer.

Maybe MGS could explain "inert-atmosphere for vials made easy" and I'd be happy to change, because it's certainly the best way in theory.

Phenethylamines have changed colours?Were they all tri-oxygenated ones by chance?

I would have said you can store your 2C-E as a powder mountain on your desk and it would not degrade.

what about being safe and filling the excess space with an inert gas (argon for instance)? I saw a device for about 15$ that was meant for wine preserving, which was basically a spray can that you could inject a mix of argon and co2.

This may not be critical for storing phens, but probably helpful for some trypts.

I agree with hugo24.
Don't store in H2O--possibility of microbial contamination over time.

I use a CO2 dispenser meant for an aquarium. You can also use a cup with a plastic lid, fish-tank hose, and baking soda.

received 100mg. I can't seem to find a marked dropper, so i'm going to dilute it 1mg/1ml in vodka, so measuring is a little easier. I'll be quite busy for the next two weeks, so i'll experiment with it after that.

whoa this stuff really is readily soluble. it dissolved almost instantly in vodka. I now have a 2mg/ml solution, i'll try 3ml when I have time.

A friend just found a baggie with about 200mg of 2CE inside while cleaning. It now has a slightly yellowish tinge to it (it was white when I gave it to him).

I've heard mention that this has happened to somebody's 2CE before. Does anybody have experience with this? Should my friend expect a potency loss or no?

Thanks!

S_S: I had some 2C-E once that had slightly yellowed. I was unable to determine if there was a potency loss, because 2C-E's effects vary wildly within the same dose for me.