• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

2012 - 2013 Football Thread

Really sorry about that but it's rare that such a shitty 1-0 score results in a massive climb up the table!
See you in Brighton on Tuesday!

Get well soon Paul<3

Screen+Shot+2013-01-22+at+9.29.23+AM.png

BDBE91BCEAA67oa.jpg

I honestly don't get the hostility towards De Gea, he's young, fairly new to the league, still he's a great shot stopper, he's a bit risky on set pieces and especially corners and doesn't inspire safety to defense, but that will come with age and experience. He has a lot of potential, on the other hand I have no idea how Hart could be so undeservedly hyped.

Its always like that with keepers in this country Kenny.
Only in England does a keeper get tenure after playing a few games, look at Shilton and Seamon for examples.

It was changing for a bit when Robinson and Carson and Green lost their places but now its reverted back to old boys network
Everyone knows Butland and Foster are better than Hart, But Hart will keep his place for 10 years . No wonder the likes of Ben Foster retired

We need open competition, like Brazil have.
When Julio Cesar signed for QPR the english media labelled him a has been and the last in a long line of bad Brazilian keepers
Total rubbish , Brazil have had better keepers than England from 1990 onwards
Taffarel> Shilton
and every keeper since then

De Gea isnt great but he is above average, Man Utd should really look at the Colombian David Ospina who places for Nice, he is a great keeper

BTW Not a fan of Zenit or their politics, but nice to see the self proclaimed "Kings of Europe" Liverpool get a good beating in Russia, even with a full strength team playing :)

Even funnier considering Zenit have just been playing kickabouts in Spain since November as they kick thier heels during the russian league winter break

Typical Rafa, waits 80 mins to make first substitution and hey presto Oscar Scores.

Make the same sub 20 mins earlier and we win more comfortably

What is his problem that he cant make subs until 10 mins are left? fucking moron
Seems we signed 17 year old Christian Cuevas from "O Higgins" in Chile for £4 million
Another one to send out on loan then, unless he gets his Spanish passport sharpish

Touted as the new Angel Di Maria.
We shall see

Would have prefer to sign Lucas Ocampos instead but Monaco beat us to the punch there.
For months we flirted with Lucas Moura and how good did he look on Tuesday in Valencia

Simply fantastic player, PSG got a bargain at £32 Million for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7usVeiUCMg

Last edited:
BTW Not a fan of Zenit or their politics, but nice to see the self proclaimed "Kings of Europe" Liverpool get a good beating in Russia, even with a full strength team playing :)

Even funnier considering Zenit have just been playing kickabouts in Spain since November as they kick thier heels during the russian league winter break

Well Spalletti is a much more experienced coach than Rodgers and player for player Zenith are better, sure some of their players might not be well known, but most of Liverpool's squad are dross that were simply over-paid for, I mean apart from Suarez, Skertl-Agger and perhaps Gerrard once in a while, Liverpool are weak. I sort of expected a similar result

Spaletti is such a great manager, he does so much with what is basically limited funds as far as major european clubs go
Ie can barely sign mixed race players like Hulk and Witsel and not full on "black" players as the god forsaken "Landscrona" wont allow it bless them ...

Would love him to take over from Rafa, cant see it happening though.
Roman talked to him when he was at Roma and before he hired Carlo, not sure if he would ask him again, ( or he would accept the job TBH)

Spaletti is such a great manager, he does so much with what is basically limited funds as far as major european clubs go
Ie can barely sign mixed race players like Hulk and Witsel and not full on "black" players as the god forsaken "Landscrona" wont allow it bless them ...

Yeah being only able to spend £39.5m one player must be a right pisser .
N b4 you start yeah i do understand .

That was pretty much the exception, albeit a £64 million exception.
Before those 2 signings the most Zenit had spent on a player was like 25 million on Danny, and beforethat their record signing was like 8 million
Even Sunderland can drop 13 million on Gyan in comparision, and they are nowhere near Europe

Teams like Shakhtar and Zenit should be glad for the breakup of the Soviet Union, as before that they were basically 2nd rate compared to the Moscow Clubs and Dynamo Kiev and Tblisi etc and would ordinarily have never made it into Europe

One thing that has always puzzled me, why doesnt the premiership have Friday night games?
Bout to settle down to Wolfburg V Bayern Munich

Friday nights would be prefect for some London Derbies, polis can plan better and spread out the workload over the weekend , and the Transport system wouldnt suffer.

Would be easy to say have a West Ham V Reading/Fulham Tonight
Or Wigan V Everton Etc

Yeah i watched FC Porto during this period @ Estádio do Dragão what fukin arena =D

THe playing 4 FC Porto is kinda mad . Ricardo Quaresma was one of the best things i ever did see in the LIga de Sagres. Fuk was that guy amazing , on the day that we wrapped up the double n 5 in a row he was spell binding .

Other players i asw were Lucho Gonzalez - What vision . Lisandro Lopez - If he could get that form back if only;) . B. Alves took the easy way out ;) , Falcao on his way to being well y'all know da t.
Raul Meireles he was a boss :)
HElton - who doesn'y luv the man ?

& many others including my man Rolando with his wierd facial expressions ;)

Was at the Bridge today, terrible atmosphere and outsung by Brentford for large parts of the game.

Matthew Harding Upper was the only stand that was really belting out some singing.
The sooner Rafa goes the better, could not find a single fan I talked to that actually likes the twat.
Cant remember the last time fans were so unhappy about a 4-0 win lol

Yeah i watched FC Porto during this period @ Estádio do Dragão what fukin arena =D

THe playing 4 FC Porto is kinda mad . Ricardo Quaresma was one of the best things i ever did see in the LIga de Sagres. Fuk was that guy amazing , on the day that we wrapped up the double n 5 in a row he was spell binding .

Other players i asw were Lucho Gonzalez - What vision . Lisandro Lopez - If he could get that form back if only;) . B. Alves took the easy way out ;) , Falcao on his way to being well y'all know da t.
Raul Meireles he was a boss :)
HElton - who doesn'y luv the man ?

& many others including my man Rolando with his wierd facial expressions ;)

Always one of my favorite players, so stylish and classy, even at Marseille. But Porto is his spiritual home

Remember this goal? @ 3.57 mark, One of the best goals of all time, was actually voted the 2nd best goal in Champions league history after Zidanes volley in the final against Bayer at Hampden Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9xZf9ST2g

Always one of my favorite players, so stylish and classy, even at Marseille. But Porto is his spiritual home

Remember this goal? @ 3.57 mark, One of the best goals of all time, was actually voted the 2nd best goal in Champions league history after Zidanes volley in the final against Bayer at Hampden Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9xZf9ST2g

Yeah i wa s their . :D It was the winner 1- 0

Lucho n Lisandro were fukin telepathic .

Does anyone get done for fielding a weakened team anymore? Swansea took 4 first team players with them when they went to visit Uncle Brendan this weekend. Nobody blinked an eye.

Also, hasn't been mentioned, because it doesn't involve Man Utd or Chelsea 8( ... anyone see that Hartlepool (yes, fucking Hartlepool, they're a team too) result a fortnight ago. They won 2-0, goals scored by Hartley and Poole.

Do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do

(Twilight Zone)

^Class act. I take it you've been watching the other Colombian hitman Brimz, the goal machine that is Jackson Martinez? He's like a cross between Weah/Asprilla, scored 23 in 22 now. Left foot, right foot, tap ins, screamers, absolute beast in the air. Looking forward to the Porto Malaga game now.

Colombia haven't played Falcao and Martinez together that much yet. Shitload of good Colombian players around now, James Rodriguez another classy player there too and Guarin another ex Porto player. Some decent Colombian's in Serie A, Armero, Zapata, Zuniga, Cuadrado, Yepes, Muriel, I'd expect them to finish right behind teh Argies in the WC qualifiers and trouble a few teams in Brazil.

Does anyone get done for fielding a weakened team anymore? Swansea took 4 first team players with them when they went to visit Uncle Brendan this weekend. Nobody blinked an eye.

No think they've done away with fines. They fined Holloway and Mick McCarthy two seasons ago when they did it even though they both picked teams from the 25 man squads. Poor effort from Swansea and Laudrup though. Cup final a full week away, they spent a week training in Dubai while Liverpool lost to West Brom and got battered over in Russia.