• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

2012 - 2013 Football Thread

The Bayern fans are in good voice, great flags as well.

I forgot that when Bayern fans come to london and wave flags for the whole game, while Arsenal fans sit and watch and dont even sing, it means the Bayern fans are " Passionate"

When English fans wave flags its cos they are from Plastic Clubs
Not to mention the whole stadium in Donetsk was waving orange flags last week against Dortmund

Must mean they are plastic club as well?

"footballs coming home" chants from the germans? fuck off ha

see tears in wengers eyes lol :(

"Bayern don't have the individual players that you fear could rip you to shreds" - Gareth Southgate

Good old ITV and their pundits

Bayern have torn Arsenal to shreds tonight, even the most adent pro premiership fan would have to admit that.

Kroos > Wilshere

Great game that was, really enjoyed it, Bayern were a class above Arsenal, played them off the park completely, can't wait for the return leg should be a good one.

Can't believe on of my mates and his missus are going to San Siro tomorrow, they got tickets for 60 euros, apparently he'd sent me an email to ask me if I wanted one a few weeks ago when I was still in the UAE and I didn't see it. Bollocks would have loved to see that game live, Milan are in there for a trashing, my friend is a proper AC fanatic, if they get proper humiliated he's going to cry.

They must have some scouting network one of the best in Europe i would say if you look at their transfers

Certainly makes things a lot easier when you don't need a work permit for South American players. The profit from Falcao, Hulk, Lopez, Pepe, Lucho, Anderson, Jardel, Guarin is close to €170 million. Add to that the sales of a few decent youth players that don't leave Portugal and you can't lose.

Certainly makes things a lot easier when you don't need a work permit for South American players. The profit from Falcao, Hulk, Lopez, Pepe, Lucho, Anderson, Jardel, Guarin is close to €170 million. Add to that the sales of a few decent youth players that don't leave Portugal and you can't lose.

Best player on the pitch was a Portuguese last night though .

Everyone in our media seems to love Wilshere, but Kroos is a far better player on current form, and think he will prove it over both legs

Kroos > Wilshere. He is already miles ahead of Jack Wilshere

Not really a fair comparison I wouldn't say miles ahead. Kroos is one of 15 brilliant Bayern players, is 2 years older, played twice as many professional games, 5 times as many International caps, challenging for titles/Champions Leagues, and is a product of the 120 national football talent centers that Germany built 10 years ago along with Reus, Bender, Gundogan, Schurrle, Gotze, Muller, Holtby, Draxler etc etc. I thought Joachim Low wouldve predicted Gotze to be the best midfielder in a few years. If Germany don't get to the final of the 2014 WC and win Euro 2016 I'll be surprised.

England have Wilshere and potentially, maybe, maybe Cleverley(who I suspect England fans don't really rate?). I mean Arteta/Ramsey v Schweinsteiger/Martinez??? Laughable. Wilshere was the only Arsenal player who looked good last night. He's the only one who shows class and leadership these days. That's a lot to be asking of a 21 year old at a club under pressure with no other leaders. As a Spurs fan I'd like him to leave. As a football fan I'd like him to fulfill the mountains of potential he has.

That's what the English do when someone decent comes along. Jizz themselves, build him up and up and up and up, then knock him right back down, blame him when they go out on pen's next year and print whatever skeletons he had hidden on the front page on The Sun until the next victim(Sterling or Zaha) comes along in Euro 2016.

Can't wait for the game tonight, should be excellent, still really mad I didn't get a ticket.

Suburu I've often wondered how you can know so much about football, come from Ireland (right?) and support...Spurs? Besides that, you should write a football column. You are knowledgeable enough.

Thing about Wilshere is he is one of the very few that can have the ball at his feet and run with it therefore the press love him.
I forget the game but an earlier match Andy Townsend kept talking in glowing terms about him even when he kept losing the Ball( and then got sent off)

Sometimes England produce your wingers like Waddle or Barnes but usually they excel at the lionheart defenders and midfield donkeys , those positions take no creativity and more reactivity.
Germany had a youth system revamp after 2000 but England never got round to that, even when keegan said after 2000 that they needed one.
Uruguay also had one after they didnt qualify for the 2006 world cup and now have a great youth set up with a lot of good youngsters coming through

I think Wilshere can be a top player, as you stated his circumstances havent been as good as Kroos who by the next world cup should have nearly 50 caps for a then 24 year old, probably giving him a decent chance to be the most capped German of all time, but people forget 2 years ago he wasnt alwasy getting in the Bayern lineup, so some of his progress is down to work ethic I think, but he does have now a lot of Quality around him.

Didnt see the game but heard Chelsea Nextgen winning 1-0 in Barcelona today despite playing the 2nd haf with 10 men, about 5 mins left
Seems the lad Boga is exceptional , a 15 year old who has already played for our u-21 team so one to watch.

Funny that SHM mentioned Spurs, many think they have the best academy in europe, as evidenced by their 4-1 win in Barcelona in the nextgen earlier this season.( although they did lost 2-0 at home to them as well)

Hopefully Chelsea can hold on for the next few mins, would be a decent win considering its the knockout stages now

Last edited:
Chelsea nextgen team won 2-0 away to Barcelona despite playing 2nd half with 10 men.
Hopefully it means Barca youth set up isnt as good as it has been in the past

Losing 6-1 at home to Chelsea/Spurs this season.

WTF??

I've just heard a message read out on Radio5 congratulating Bradford City on reaching the League Cup Final.

From the Dalai Lama??

Apparently it's the real one. Not the Indian takeaway of the same name.

I repeat. WTF?

Suburu I've often wondered how you can know so much about football, come from Ireland (right?) and support...Spurs? Besides that, you should write a football column. You are knowledgeable enough.

Yep Irish Spurs fan. Shame I couldn't apply myself to the same degree academically. Not sure, probably from having 3 older brothers who are all "expert armchair shitetalkers" has made me a particularly judgemental football fan.

@TLM and England now seem to think they've solved the problem because they opened 1 football centre, St George's Park at a cost of £100 million. They need to open 5 of these or make sure every club in the prem and championship has an academy. I'm not sure how Belgium have managed to do it, they too have a serious team coming through. But the German squad is incredible.

Yeah Spurs going well in the next gen. Villa and Chelsea through to the 1/4 finals aswell. Spurs knocked out the favourites PSG out today on pens. Shame Alex Pritchard got injured on loan at Peterborough. He was quality v Barca.

So why Spurs Suburu? Older brothers influence? I nearly had the same thing, but got away with just being brought up to hate Arsenal. Who then became the team I saw most, by a long chalk, as I used to take my kid to see them. When they were cheap.

My Da and uncle brought me and my bro to the lane late 80's. Watching Gazza and Waddle up close and that was that, hooked, grew a fucking wicked mullet too. My other brothers follow Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. All the English clubs used to come to Ireland for pre season training in the early 90's too, stay for a week, play a couple of Irish teams and get pissed up. No problem getting tickets. No chance of that now.

2-0 now.

Keep a clean sheet now and Milan will have a half decent chance of going through.
Chelsea obviously showed everyone the blueprint for beating the Uefa darlings. :)

Also why would Galataserey pay Wesley Sneijder £180k a week and then sub him at halftime of the only really important game he has played since joining. No Mention of any injury. Hopefully stories of massive HT dressing room bustup will emerge :)