• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

RC's do tend to cause this a lot of times.

And the whole "weed removes nausea" thing is quite a variable thing IMO. It honestly makes me more sensitive. If i smoke a cig after getting high, I'll nearly throw up...

I've had experience with several RC's and some almost guarantee a barfing, others can be dealt with by taking TUMS or something, but its natural.

Ive never had a painful throw up experience with RCs. Usually just a one and done type deal. I'll toss the cookies, then feel great. So I dont mind so much. It just means I have to brush my teeth, something I probably was gonna forget to do anyway.

Well on 4-aco-dmt I feel very sick. It is not just nausea but I feel horrible all around. I had read the quite the opposite on here and erowid. It is weird. Has anyone, or you delsymfan, have ever had this and maybevomiting made things clear up?

Shamefully I cannot say I know anything of 4-aco-dmt as an asshole friend failed to check my po box before its closure date.... Bastard.

But anyway Felix, all I know is when it exceeds nausea, it could be the ROA. Are you insufflating? Because that tends to increase the body load of many chems.

Generally speaking my nausea always followed the dosage. If I dosed under 20mg of 2c-e for instance I was fine, but after that mark, I always threw up once.

I've never had any negative body feelings aside from the nausea, and the nausea ALWAYS dissipated immediately after throwing up early in the trip. Or in the case of DiPT, TUMS cured it. I have noted that TUMS seem to help tryptamine based chems. It didnt save my stomach with the AMT, but it helped. Didnt help 2c-e though.

So who's going to be the first guinea pig to see if a 5-HT3 antagonist can be used to eliminate nausea? I'd like to hear from at least a few success cases before going to the trouble of trying to procure myself...

yes. i use zofran for almost every trip now. (and have used it total maybe a hundred times when all uses besides just trips are accounted for) it annihilates the nausea and doesnt have any other effects or side effects.

as a ht-3c antagonist it antagonizes the nausea receptors.

With it, i dont get any nausea at all from dmt or mescaline.

Also, ondansetron is generic (as opposed to 'brand' only) in countries outside of the us, if that tells you anything.

Last edited:
I find drinking mushroom tea or eating fresh mushrooms causes a lot more nausea than dried and capsuled mushrooms. Perhaps that's because there's less volume to upset your stomach.

Also, laying down for the first couple of hours is a good way of not encouraging nausea.

nausea/gastrointestinal discomfort on psychedelics

I haven't had this problem with acid (obviously), but shrooms and 2c-e are very hard on my stomach

I tried snorting 2c-e once and I'd say the strain it had on my stomach was about 10x less and very much bearable

so I think it's safe to conclude for me that the problem is with oral ingestion, due to a weak stomach

can anyone guarantee anything to help alleviate such symptoms, aside from plugging and snorting?

i can't GUARANTEE anything, but you could try not eating for a few hours before dosing
or eating fresh ginger before dosing

yeah, i've usually had an empty stomach and always eat healthy the day of - to no avail..

but thanks, i'll try fresh ginger

at least with shrooms, make them into chocolates, the sugar and caffiene help alot, plus you dont taste them, which also helps. other than that, eat weed before you trip (not straight weed, obviously, but weed cookies or the like) thats always helped me

Ginger can help.

I find the nausea/body load happens no matter how you administer it. I've plugged things and had worse nausea because of how hard it hit me.

some people claim antiemetics help with the nausea encountered on psychs.

would 5-HT3 antiemetics be problematic since they block the serotonin receptors responsible for drug nausea?
or does the blocking of those certain serotonin receptors not make a difference?

dopamine antagonists would have a similar case, I expect

I have found that letting chemicals absorb under my tongue (or chewed on gum), or drinking them in a sip of juice, decreases my nausea compared to gel caps or pressed pills.

Also a light meal 2-3 hours before dosing seems to help a lot. A heavy meal right before dosing just kills me, but I do try to eat things I won't hate seeing again later.

ah, thanks

only searched for nausea + gastrointestinal before making this thread lol, stupid of me

you can link searchs by ids for some time after they were created

after a certain time they time out and get deleted

i am not sure why - but, every time i smoke 5-meo-DMT i puke instantly.. then i feel fine for the rest of the trip..

How to lessen nausea when ingesting cactus?

If I was to ingest 30g of peruvian torch powder in capsules, is there any way to combat the nausea that is soon to follow? I would make the extract but I don't have the means to do so in my dorm.

Would it make any difference if I was to space the capsules out and take 1/3 of them every 15 minutes or so?

Would a low dose of diphenhydramine help?

I've also read some people react better when they ate an hour beforehand instead of fasting, anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!