Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

fizzygirl

Bluelighter

[original post:]

For those of you that have tried amt, did you have problems w/ nausea? Also, are you someone that usually experiences this w/ other drugs (k, mdma, etc)? Just trying to feel out if it is something that makes almost everyone sick or just the ones w/ the weaker stomachs. :p
In your opinion, would this be something that would be manageable to be on in public for the first time? (dose ~40mg oral)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really notice nausea the first time I took it. But I would suggest you stay in private for your first time, preferably with somebody sober and experienced in psychedelics with you. Just my thoughts.

The only time i've done it was at a rave. I did 50 mg. I generally don't have a problem with naseua on other drugs, and didn't really have a problem on this one. Whenever i felt like there was a chance i might get sick, i just sat down for a while. I didn't throw up the entire time.
I do know a guy who threw up about 5 times the first time he took it, but he said he throws up everytime he does any drugs.
As far as doing it in public goes, I went and bought beer for my friends the next morning. It really sucked, but i don't think i looked any more fucked up then anybody who goes and buys beer at 9 in the morning with no sleep.
[ 11 April 2002: Message edited by: Bone ]

I have done AMT in varying doses accompanied by MDMA, Ketamine, and benzos (not all at ones tho :) ) and i can say that they niether lessen nor potentiate the nausea. However, I don't think you will encounter too much nausea on 40 mg.
As far as whether its safe to do this in public:
I dont think you stand a greatr chance of freaking out on AMT, esp at a reasonable dose. However, to be on the safe side, I would dose in private and wait to feel out the effects of the drug before you venture outside (if at all possible)
as a side note: I find that my best trips on AMT were spent in seclusion in my shower and my room, not bar hoping downtown, or even with a close group of friends.

umm yeh i threw up on AMT so did pretty much everyone who took it w/me...and id like to say out of my group of friends i was the first girl to try AMT ;) Crazy shit ;)
~*ashley*~

I've tried AMT at varying doses between 45-80mg and never experiance any nausea altough I don't usualy get sick easily on anything.
Probably to do with the excesive drinking I used to do when I was younger.
Qfften I'm apprihensive about trying new substances because I hear about bad nausea in lots of reports, then I try it and wonder what the problem was for other people.

I always get the feeling I ate too much bread and it got stuck somewhere in my digestive tract when im comming up, and sorta a cold feeling in my stomache when I'm peaking.
One of my friends puked sorta, actualy he just spit something up at about 3 hours in once.
Another girl got extreme nausea for the first hour of comeup, but as soon as it kicked in it dissapeared

The first time I did AMT I did 45 mg and felt some slight burning and discomfort in my stomach before I started getting visuals...I wouldn't call it nausea though. Since then I've done up to 75 mg and not felt any discomfort whatsoever...and about doing it in public...well I would recommend being around several close friends for the first time considering it's a pretty strong trip and after that you'll know whether or not you should be doing it in public or not...
[ 11 April 2002: Message edited by: josh125a ]

My advice - take 50-100mg of dramamine when you take the AMT, that will stop the nauseau.
If you can, as someone said before, START OUT in a private place, then venture out into public once you're comfortable.
Also, don't take ABOUT 40 MG! Weight it CAREFULLY! Much more than that might be too much for the first time.
I also hear it can last over 12 hours, so you might want some sleeping pills on hand.

yeah..i do agree that sounded kinda stupid :p
I actually have 40 mg measured out in a capsule. My friend has a little more (50 mg)..that's why I asked for ~40mg. :)
Thanks guys!

I have felt slight nausea on amt before, but it passes if I dont think about it. I do get extrememly nausea on opiates (codine, vicodin) though. And always to the point of throwing up. However, the body load after the peak of the amt experience always sucks for me. I get bad jaw clenching, muscle discomfort, and my eyes always seem to want to go either cross-eyed or just up into my head for some odd reason. It is really quite annoying.

Yeah I would definatly agree with trying it at home with close friends first.
I'm still not sure weather I would be willing to take AMT and go out.
The body load is intense and at 80mg altough I could walk about, I felt like my body was in a constant seizure with lots of muscle tention all over the body (not just the jaw). This tention I think would probably be bad for dancing and could leave you with a few pulled muscles if you did. 45mg wasn't so bad but still very intense at its peak.
For me the peak started about 6 hours in (dont get me wrong it was strong before that), but when doing 80mg in soulution I was thown into the trip in 30 mins compared to several hours that I had waited before with oral powder doses.

Matters how much you do. If you do 50mg and under the nausea is not bad. If you do higher dosages say about 65+ the nausea is quite intense. It also depends on your supplier and the amount of impurities in it. The nausea irritates pretty much everyone. Johnnyboy is the only person I have heard of not experiencing nausea.

At dosages 50 mg and under (hydrochloride salt), negligible nausea, but it starts to grow once you get over 50-60 mg. However, on 80 mg of freebase, I puked my brains out, though my tyramine-rich dinner (I know I was stupid) obviously contributed to it. The next 2 hours were spent tripping intensely with an equally intense headache (probably from high blood pressure). I have extensive exprience with psychedelics, and the only times I puked were a failed attempt with ayahuasca and the AMT experience I described above.
---5HT-2

nausea of AMT, unavoidable?

My girlfriend and I recently tried AMT for the first time. We each swallowed 40mg. We apparently weren't informed completely of the effects, and decided we needed to go to the library... bad idea to say the least. By the time we were getting out of the car, it was already hitting us. We both got fairly queasy, and she threw up probably 5 or 6 times.
After about an hour and a half of feeling uneasy, we were fine and got settled back at home and had a total blast... playing in the rain, showering, and watching movies like Pitch Black and Fear & Loathing...
Anyway, first of all, is the nausea normal? We've only done this once, and no one else we know has done it yet. We're going to try to get some time to do it again this weekend, 60mg this time, and didn't know if there was a way around this aspect of the drug...?
I know some people who have smoked it, but like everyone else, has gone on and on about how it tastes like shit, which doesn't appeal to us. What about railing it?? Would that eliminate any ill effects? Has anyone ever crammed one? I choose to roll by cramming, and I know how much more intense the effects are, but I also know that it won't affect your stomach that way either... anyone have any ideas?
If it's unavoidable, then so be it... We'll just have to deal with it, it's more than worth it...

I tried AMT this weekend and i hated it. I puked right on the 2 hour mark. I don't know if that was just psychologically induced after having read the effects, but i know that i would have thrown up sometime soon after that.

if i take over 25mg i always puke after +1h, this material isn't for everyone. it causes some nasty body load and side effects.

The nausea is normal but can be avoided...For me, if I fast for 4 hours and take one Dramamine 30 minutes before, i get almost no nausea...
60 mg is a fairly big dose, how long did you trip and how intense was it, with 40 mgs???I'd say work your way up slowly...
Railing AMT can produce a helluva burn and drip, but maybe you can give it a try...