• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

Just wanted to point out that I read this thread title through the eyes of a non drug user for some reason, and I lol'd.

^Many people are willing to endure a bit of pain before they see the universe, yet aim to make it as least painful as possible.

Is that so hard to understand?

^Many people are willing to endure a bit of pain before they see the universe, yet aim to make it as least painful as possible.

Is that so hard to understand?

Hey man, I completely understand. I for some reason had a lapse in cognitive process and read the title as if I was totally unfamiliar with psychedelic drugs. And it was funny. Especially since a non drug user wouldn't understand that some species of cacti are psychoactive, thus furthering confusion. lol.

Relax <3

This viewpoint may be unpopular, but I strongly feel that the nausea is part of the cactus experience, and the vomiting/dry heaving is part of its cleansing process.

Would you take anti-nausea pharmaceuticals with ayahuasca?

A small amount of datura leaf mixed with a bit of quality cannabis works for me almost every time.

If I was to ingest 30g of peruvian torch powder in capsules, is there any way to combat the nausea that is soon to follow? I would make the extract but I don't have the means to do so in my dorm.

Would it make any difference if I was to space the capsules out and take 1/3 of them every 15 minutes or so?

Would a low dose of diphenhydramine help?

I've also read some people react better when they ate an hour beforehand instead of fasting, anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I don't think there's anything that will really help if you have a sensitive stomach. As regards taking powdered cactus in capsules - that could be a bad option as when you drop powdered cactus in water it absorbs the water and expands to several times it's original size. Imagine that happening in your stomach :(

Spacing the capsules out might help - but there's always the risk you'll start feeling nauseous and trying to swallow capsules will make the nausea even worse.

As for taking anti-nausea medications I dunno - I've always thought if you need to throw up you're better off just throwing up and hoping you absorbed enough to trip on.

For nausea-free you could make a pH neutral liquid extract and take it rectally. It's a bit trickier to do but there's absolutely no nausea.

This viewpoint may be unpopular, but I strongly feel that the nausea is part of the cactus experience, and the vomiting/dry heaving is part of its cleansing process.

Would you take anti-nausea pharmaceuticals with ayahuasca?

I agree here. I understand some people deal with vomiting and nausea differently and that some others can also handle these things more easily then another person might be able to but I honestly hate when people complain about nausea and how bad it is for 2 hours rather then biting the bullet and hugging a toilet for a couple of minutes.

i dont mind vomiting i just hate it when a drug makes you feel slightly nauseous for a long period in your trip which kinda spoils things. this is when anti nausia medication is very useful. IT wont stop u vomiting if u need to vomit

Being an expierenced pioneer of the cactus void, i'd say best way to ingest mescaline is to tea your cactus. nausea is bareble and the trip is verry STRONGG. the recipe i use will rock your socks off!!!!

Being an expierenced pioneer of the cactus void, i'd say best way to ingest mescaline is to tea your cactus. nausea is bareble and the trip is verry STRONGG. the recipe i use will rock your socks off!!!!

I don't think i'd be able to make the tea in my dorm though, you can't make it in a microwave right? haha :\

soccerdude,

Try eating your cactus with a small glass of water and a single piece of bread, preferably toasted. Whatever you do, don't consume tea or coffee with it! I'm not talking about some hoity-toity herbal tea, but rather the classic caffeinated teas... these will lower your threshold for nausea. Not good, unless you want to purge. You might also want to stay away from milk, as this can make your body produce more mucous, which you'll have enough of because of the cactus. At least I think it's mucous... it's very much like mucous, anyway. Same for orange juice, but then again, the citric acid can help with the digestion, so it's your call.

Some people say taking a few bong rips during the come up (on any drug) helps eliminate nausea, but doing this has never worked for me; it has only made things worse. Besides, when I'm having a strong trip I like to experience it to its fullest without pot.

Also, after consuming the cactus, for about 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours you should try to remain still. Sit somewhere and watch the walls move. You may start to feel sleepy. If you're anything like me, the nausea will pass quickly, the sleepiness will clear, and soon you will feel energized and expansive. Good luck!

I never had any luck consuming the actual cactus material without nausea.

You can extract the active chemicals (along with a bunch of other random cactus resins) with a simple alcohol extraction. It's been a while since I did this so I don't have my own recipe handy but here's one off google that looks okay on first glance and doesn't require a lot of cooking equipment: http://forums.mycotopia.net/mescali...alcohol-extraction-peruvian-torch-cactus.html

I eventually gave up on powdered cactus because of the difficulties I had with body load and nausea, along with better alternatives making themselves available. That said, psychedelic phenethylamines hold a special place in my heart and mesc is the grandaddy of them all!

I hope you don't mind but I found a bunch of threads dealing with psychedelic induced nausea and a lot of the treatments work across the board so I thought it would to be good to gather a bunch of threads on the topic.

My favorite thing for nausea is ginger capsules and in the case of cacti I have found an extracted is required (for me anyways). :\

2C-I and Diphenhydramine

Hello, i want to take some 2C-I in the next time but i heard it cause nausea.
Maybe it helps to take a lowdose (50mg) of Diphenhydramine to stop the nausea?

Taking diphenhydramine may help.

I find puking to be the best option though. I always feel great after a good purge while tripping.

and im going to merge this with our new Big and Dandy Nausea and Psychs thread