• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

i have nausea if i'm feeling sketchy, have been mashing it nonstop for nights in a row and a combination of just lots of neglect and abuse.

normally i can quite happilly do up to .6 or .7 of a gram IM before and after food.. and feel no nausea.. ussually black out at these doses tho.

the only time i used to throw up on k was when i was new to it years ago and the drip plus the intense dizziness even from small doses while moving alot.

that went away quickly tho.

can still happen out of the blue tho to anyone.. you never know.

you could even throw up and never know it happened.8)

*edit: after being on LOTS of ketamine you just feel ill and weak and can't sleep for ages till it all slowly filters away you feel proper inhuman for a day or so too.

Psilocybin Mushroom Nausea Cause

I was curious to what in shrooms cause you to feel nauseous. I know a great many serotonin agonist chemicals cause nausea themselves so it makes me think its possible that the psilocybin and other similar alkaloids in the mushrooms are the cause. Different strains of mushrooms create varrying levels of nausea for me and some not at all, so could it maybe be the actual plant material or some other toxic chemicals in the mushrooms that create the nausea. So I guess my question is, is the nausea associated with psilocybin mushrooms rooted to something neuropharmacological or something physically in your stomach? Maybe both?

They are just harsh on the digestive system. Next time dose slower over a period of about 30 minutes.

Where did my post go?

could it maybe be the actual plant material

There's no plant material in mushrooms.

However the human metabolic system is not built to digest raw mushrooms. This causes most of the nausea. Brewing the mushrooms into a tea gets rid of the mushroom material, and eliminates most of the nausea.

I've also heard that eating raw ginger with your mushrooms helps with the nausea.

They are just harsh on the digestive system. Next time dose slower over a period of about 30 minutes.

I doubt it's just that. I don't think it's coincidental that most psychedelics induce some amount of nausea in most people (during the comeup at least).

^Usually the only psychedelics which cause nausea are ones which the system has difficulty digesting (body load) ie mushrooms, unprocessed mescaline, oral DMT, LSA seeds.... which is usually temporary, and often is over by the time the drug fully takes effect.

I have never experienced nausea from blotter acid (LSD) for example.

No. Psychedelics cause nausea because they are agonists at 5-HT receptors in the gut and intestines, causing motility and spasms.

No, that's just what I had always thought. The higher the dose required of a serotonergic psychedelic, among other things, the more likely it is to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. LSD and DO* don't cause any nausea or vomiting usually because they're active as low enough doses centrally that their peripheral effects aren't overwhelming.

I'm unsure of whether this is also why high dose cocaine causes people to vomit and shit themselves.

No, that's just what I had always thought. The higher the dose required of a serotonergic psychedelic, among other things, the more likely it is to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. LSD and DO* don't cause any nausea or vomiting usually because they're active as low enough doses centrally that their peripheral effects aren't overwhelming.

This is extremely interesting. If it's actually true (and it jibes with the anecdotal evidence), I wonder why it's not more commonly known (I had been looking for an answer to the nausea question for a while).

I've seldom ingested bought/dried shrooms because I'm lucky to live in an area where they are abundant to pick (lots of cattle/dairy farmers). Here's a pretty good method I found that's gotten a lot of good feedback as to taste/nausea. With this method there is no mushroom taste. It uses grape juice rather than a straight tea. I tried the straight tea once and almost puked it all up too. The only thing is I'd add a few extra ingredients as mentioned. A little ginger and a little licorice root go a long way.

Check it out and if used, happy trails!

http://1000ph.blogspot.com/search?q=ha+ha+tea

save a cap and smoke half of it coming up, and the other coming down. It works trust me... and I know people say smoking shrooms doesn't do shit but fuck that.. Ive smoked em sober and deffinitely got a buzz

Do not smoke mushrooms :\
First of all, inhaling burning fungal matter is disgusting
Second, it's a well known fact that the active tryptamines in mushrooms break down at a much lower temperature than the temperature a lighter creates.

mushroos do make me feel a bit ill, all itchy and heavy and massive and swelling... i get a odd stomach growling and a weird look on everything

However the human metabolic system is not built to digest raw mushrooms. This causes most of the nausea.
I disagree. Didn't primitive man eat raw mushrooms as part of their diet all the time?
I believe the reason for the nausea are the alkaloids which if I'm not mistaken act as defense mechanisms against mammals.

dread said:
I've also heard that eating raw ginger with your mushrooms helps with the nausea.
Yes, ginger is an excellent anti-nauseant.
And not just in mushroom tea. Ginger tea by itself is delicious. :D

Some people are more intolerant to fungus.

It is a type of candida and it can cause the natural candida in your stomache to go nuts, which causes the nauesa.

The best thing to do if you're one of those people is to consume mushroom tea or try to throw up after you start tripping.