• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

Try taking 50mg of benadryl before you trip, that used to take edge off of 2c-e bodyload for me majorly.

Timeline on that?

Also what's your body weight so can estimate on mg/lb needed.

Girl I trip with is 93 pounds, I'm 230. I give her 50, I'm thinking it might knock her out. 50 for me just makes me drowsy.

It doesn't need to be enough to knock you out. If 50 is enough to feel it then it should reduce nausea.

try kratom. i loved kratom during/before any "trip". nice synergy even if you have to redose on the kratom, depending on if you trip is 6 hours or 12 hours

It doesn't need to be enough to knock you out. If 50 is enough to feel it then it should reduce nausea.

Alright, will probably experiment a bit with my friend. Have her take 25mg and see if it works and doesn't make her drowsy. If it does, try 12.5mg. Myself, probably be 50 at most, but wonder if 25 will work.

Sounds like a good plan, I'm almost the same weight as you, and 25mg did take the edge off of things, but 50mg worked even better. Once the trip kicked in I didn't feel drowsy because the stimulating aspects of the drug kind of balanced it out.

huuuuuuge fuckin' bong rips does the trick for me. Although smoking weed while tripping isn't for everyone, and for weed intolerant users, it can probably intensify the body load if anything.

Nausea (in low doses though), doesn´t seem a problem with me, but other body load effects can be felt... In my own experience, increased heart beat, and cold shivers. Can be solved this side effects?

sweet, i'm gonna try the benadryl thing right now. will let you guys know how it goes later on tonight.

It's mind over matter. Try listening to music or watching TV (although I find TV not very effective), listening to people talk works good for me. Getting baked doesn't hurt either.

Ginger, peppermint, weed, and finally... stick your 2C-X up the bum! :)

Physical activity that gets the blood flowing also helps.

Have you tried taking a nice hot shower during the come-up?

Ginger, peppermint

Exactly this.

After much experimentation, my technique with 2C-X is ginger and/or peppermint tea consumed SLOWLY over the course of 15 minutes. The root ginger and peppermint eases nausea, and the slow consumption gradually introduces the substance to your body which I have found greatly reduces nausea.

It's also advisable to stay away from greasy/oily food before & during the trip - as these can also trigger sickness (not sure if this relates to all the 2C's - But 2C-I definitely!)

Took 75mg of DPH about 20 minutes prior to taking the 2c-b. I had originally intended to take no more than 30mg of 2c-b, but ended up taking something closer to 40mg, due to my own clumsiness when weighing it out. Nausea was still present, as well as body load, but it was much less intense and bothersome than usual, especially considering the dose. All in all, a recommended measure in achieving a comfortable 2c trip imo

I found the 25mg benedryl (diphenhydramine) was good to quell nasty side effects from 20mg 2C-E... 2C-I never bothered me physically so I didn't use it for that, but I can see how it might help other 2C bodyloads if you get them... but 75mg (normal dose on pkg is 25mg) seems a little much, though obviously effective for Ondine, so rock on, dudes.

Actually, me and my best friend recently ate degraded acid blotters and got an upset physical feeling from it. They have been lab tested recently to be 42 micrograms only but I know them to have been at least 100 ug worth in the past. Regarding availability of lab tests and my experience I have a frame of reference to say this. Also, in the past I never felt it to cause stomach problems.

So my point is: this builds to my opinion that LSD degradation can in fact have consequences for quality an not alone for the mere quantity of actual present active substance. I know there is a large group of sceptic people who rather keep on the side of psychosomatic / placebo effects until there is empirical evidence that compounds such as iso-LSD can actually produce physical side effects.

Also, regarding AMT which is notorious historically for causing nausea (apparently): it never gave me any problems at all but it does make me wanna sleep for like 24 hours which is quite strange.

I remember things like 5-MeO-DiPT making me nauseous and mushrooms could too, but mostly if I ate fresh mushrooms or didn't chew dried ones into pulp for like 15 minutes. I think it's the fibrous texture that causes GI difficulties rather than anything else. Also 2C-T-7 could make me nauseous but the experience is so great that I always took the mild nausea at the start for granted. 2C-E gave me a body load from hell, but I have theories on reasons for it and what to do when such body load effects arise and that they are not simply entirely physiological per se.

After I had my first vomiting on psychedelics (4-AcO-DMT), I feel way more exposed to vomiting at all... Before that trip, I rarely ever vomited on anything.

Now I have to use some thinking to prevent nausea/vomiting, thoughts like "It's only in your head" are VERY helpful. If they don't work, I switch to "If you vomit properly, you'll feel much better" --> and indeed after vomiting I feel THOUSAND TIMES better.

Yeah unless you're in a situation where throwing up would be a bad idea, e.g. in company of people who don't know you're tripping - I think in most cases it's better to just go ahead and do it. I had crippling nausea my first time taking aMT, but after throwing up I was left with a wonderful amazing experience and the bodyload was gone completely :)

Agreed on degraded LSD causing more nausea, almost all of the times anyone I know has felt sick/thrown up after legitimate LSD were with blotter that had been improperly stored or was now old. Many ergolines are nausea inducing so for LSD to degrade into by-products that produce nausea wouldn't seem odd to me. On top of that I think the lower active dose could actually make it worse, as I've often noticed my underwhelming psychedelic experiences are more nauseating than overwhelming ones. Strange.

Distractions help a looot. But of course the feeling runs through your mind every once in a while

Are the 2C drugs nauesa cause due to Serotonin receptors? If so wouldn't Ondansetron (Zofran) be the perfect nausea drug for it? I have some 2C-I and Zofran and want to avoid body load.

from wiki:"Ondansetron (INN) (Zofran) is a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist used mainly as an antiemetic (to treat nausea and vomiting), often following chemotherapy. It affects both peripheral and central nerves[1]. Ondansetron reduces the activity of the vagus nerve, which deactivates the vomiting center in the medulla oblongata, and also blocks serotonin receptors in the chemoreceptor trigger zone. It has little effect on vomiting caused by motion sickness, and does not have any effect on dopamine receptors or muscarinic receptors."