• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

Do not eat for a few hours before you take the mushrooms and take them after fasting.

I've heard that powdered ginger either sipped in hot water or in capsules can help.

I disagree. Didn't primitive man eat raw mushrooms as part of their diet all the time?
I believe the reason for the nausea are the alkaloids which if I'm not mistaken act as defense mechanisms against mammals.

Alkaloids are part of the reason, but the fact is raw mushroom material is not suitable for human digestive system. We cannot process them.

Try cooking your mushrooms (lightly) on a frying pan and see if you get as much nausea.

Alkaloids are part of the reason, but the fact is raw mushroom material is not suitable for human digestive system. We cannot process them.

Try cooking your mushrooms (lightly) on a frying pan and see if you get as much nausea.
I very rarely get nauseous from psilocybes myself. So no worries :) But thanks for the tip.

And to be completely honest, I despise eating mushrooms that are actually considered "food"(ie white button, shiitake, portabella, etc.).
However I've seen many people eat raw mushrooms(psilocybe or otherwise) without any digesive problems, and as I said, raw mushrooms and vegetation were a big part of primitive man's diet if I'm not mistaken. So I just find it hard to believe we're not equipped to deal with raw mushrooms. I could very well be wrong though. :)

Throwing up on RCs or other psychedelics.

So, whenever I take an RC i feel very nauseas. Why is this? I know from MDMA it has to do with a nuerotransmitter flooding your stomach, i alwawys throw up from MDMA and feel better after. When it comes to RCs though i get very scared to puke and im afraid something is going wrong. Do you guys feel better after you puke? Is it similar to mdma? I know if i hold my mdma puke in I wont feel good later or throughout the roll.

What causes RC nausea? or other psychedelics nausea?

I've only puked/gotten nausea from 2C-E and 2C-T-7. Both drugs, I feel instantly better (and amazing :D) after vomiting.

Whenever I took 2C-I in the morning and without eating, it would usually kick in with 1-2 hours and cause extreme nausea. Now I've taken it in the evening a few times after eating large meals and it would come up in 3 hours without any nausea.

I think its just a part of your bodys natural defence mechanism.

When you start feeling "strange", your caveman subconscious mind will think you have eaten something poisonous and will try to reduce the damage by making you throw up.

which variety of rcs are you using?

rc is just a broad term....

really not much makes them different from the other tryptamines and PEAs other than the simple fact that they have not existed as long or had as long of a period of human use.... after so many years of use, the nausea component doesn't just dissapear....

hell there are rc benzos, cocaine analougs, quualude analougs, an MCAT analoug, PCP analougs, and a pretty large assortment of tryptamines and PEAs that fall into the catagory of research chemicals.....

but some drugs just have a nausea component.... generally you will feel better after you puke. if your hardcore wanting to avoid it, try a little bit of pepto about 20 minutes before ingestion, or plug them....

i hear ginger is really good for reducing nausea as well....

Yer this puts me off trying some of the psychadelic RC's (Of the 2C variety)

2cb gave me slight nausea, and 2ct7 gave me really uncomfortable nausea for a long peroid of time. For some reason when I'm coming up hardcore the last thing I ever wanna do is vomit, so I sit there for ages trying to not vomit which makes it worse really =\

I think this just comes with Phens. I have access to 2ci but don't really want to eat it because of the nausea factor, what have other peoples experiences with 2ci been like?

LSD to me is champion because I never feel sick at all :)

^Yep. One of the reasons why LSD is such an all around great chemical is that it has basically zero body load and nausea.

2c-i makes me feel nauseous but I have never puked from it. I have thrown up from 2c-e though. Even when I use RA my stomach feels very tight and uncomfortable for the first 2 hours or so. Still, RA makes it MUCH better. I won't take 2c-e orally and would hesitate with 2c-i as well. 2c-c on the other hand causes almost no nausea for me.

I think it was 2c-b, but after me @ my girlie girl got done do'in some awsome dirty play , I instantly had to go to bathroom and puke. It was the intence O'sm! We both got off same time and man, was that somethin!! But soon as I puked I was like ready to get back at the dirty, dirty again! The rush was ... wow.. amazin!! Gotta try it. Lucy (good lucy) is the same kind of intence rush. Love it!!

Phenethylamines are all rough on the stomach, to varying degrees. I've only thrown up on mescaline, but they all give me some discomfort. THC is essential in my opinion. Still the best anti-emetic available, hands down.

Well the only rcs I have tried and have given me nausea are 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt. I also tried 2c-c several times but only got nausea off of like 50+MGS WHICH i thik i am not complaining about. I am interested in 2c-i but i just want to see if you guys think that if i just decide to puke ill feel better rather than worrying the whole time i am tripping trying not to puke.

Well the only rcs I have tried and have given me nausea are 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt.

Funny that you mention 4-aco-dmt, as I know that some people have described it as "mushrooms without the nausea". Guess that's not true for everybody. Do you find the nauseau with 4-aco-dmt to be comparable to a similar dose of mushrooms?

No, the nausea I get is more similar to 2c-e, Actually, I think i would prefer a high dose of 2c-e orally over a moderate dose of 4-aco-dmt. Shrooms to me just felt silly, like i didnt want to puke but the mushrooms were being little brats and wanted to come up. So i felt nauseas but was laughing. If i puked i would have been like "damnit, you little boogers" :)

Fixed title for search purposes and merged with a supershort thread containing a link that seemed to be good.
That is, before I discovered it's kind of dead :\

Sorry for letting the first post be jacked...

I think this has been covered in another thread called "psychedelic nausea" on bluelight. As referenced by tathra, the 5-HT3 receptors in the stomach, which are serotonin receptor subtypes, are related to vomiting. They're also in the CNS and other places in the PNS. I think that might be why, though routes other than oral can reduce nausea, they still can cause nausea. Basically, because many psychedelics mimic serotonin, depending on a number of factors some of them hit the 5-HT3 receptors.

The ideal way to stop psychedelic related nausea is to use a selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, as these drug types have been shown to have little affinity for other receptors or serotonin subtypes, and are not reported to cause any substantial psychological changes (beyond relief from nausea, I suppose). I've read posts on Bluelight about using the drugs to down mescaline cacti in doses that allow the users, who would otherwise vomit too early to experience mescaline at higher doses, to enjoy the experience nausea free. I imagine motion sickness induced nausea could be caused by hallucinations of apparent motion, though I doubt that happens often. In this latter case case the antagonists wouldn't work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT3_antagonist

So who's going to be the first guinea pig to see if a 5-HT3 antagonist can be used to eliminate nausea? I'd like to hear from at least a few success cases before going to the trouble of trying to procure myself...

I've taken Zofran when on mescaline. It literally took any and all nausea and tossed it out the window. Zofran is expensive, like very expensive. Most insurance plans don't cover it. I was lucky to have a couple vials handy and gave myself a quick IM shot. Took the pain away in no time.

Interesting. Bah. If I could only get my hands on one of these id try it out.