• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Nausea and Psychedelics' Thread

I've taken diphenhydramine as a sleep aid at the end of 2C-E and -I trips. I certainly didn't notice any negative interactions or anything. I use diphenhydramine fairly often as an antihistamine and sleep aid, so I'm pretty familiar with its effects. It doesn't do a whole lot for me nausea wise, but if it usually works for you then it may help with 2Cs.

FWIW, I've taken 30+mg 2c-i and up to 28mg 2c-e (along with 10mg -i) and never once vomited. I find -i to be slightly more nauseating than -e but in both cases I have, at most, a little passing nausea on the way up. It's certainly nothing like the hell I put my body through with my failed attempts at alkaloid extractions from mescaline containing cacti or the wicked nausea I got from 7g of potent mushrooms (that was a bad idea, but that's another story entirely).

goes to show how differently we all react.

i find 2c-e to be very nauseating as im coming up and often leads to puking
With 2c-i ive only throw up once out of 30+ trips on it.

Alrighty, I feel the need to post in here, I really need some help!!

The first couple of years of tripping I never had any problems with nausea but ever since about 2005, every single time I trip on LSD, I get more and more nauseated. It's to the point now where I feel the nausea setting in about an hour after I take the tab, and it lasts the ENTIRE time, coupled with horrible abdominal cramps (upper abs, like stomach height, not intestinal). The cramps feel like my stomach needs food in it, so I always eat to try and alleviate the nausea/cramps e.g. 2 bread rolls and a piece of fruit and some lollies. But it doesn't help at all.

Over the years I've had my usual artillery of Buscopan, metaclopromide 5mg tablets and Mylanta syrup to help me through. But the last 2 times I've tripped, even that hasn't been good enough.

This last time on the weekend, thankfully, my best friend was there with me, and she is prescribed Stemitil and Maxolon (metaclopromide 10mg) for her stomach problems. When I first felt the nausea, after about an hour of taking just HALF a tab I took a Stemitil, which helped for a little while. I thought I was in the clear! So I took the other half of the tab. But then about 2 hours later I felt the nausea coming back so I took a 10mg Maxolon. Then 5 hours later I had to take another Stemitil, and another Maxolon 2 hours after that. By the morning my stomach was cramping something severe so I had 2 Buscopan Forte, and before I drove home at 2pm that day I needed to have another 10mg Maxolon and 2 more Buscopan Forte during the drive home. During the entire evening we were smoking pot, and that has never helped with my nausea. If anything it just gives me a headache :(

I know what you're thinking: it's anxiety-related. But no, it isn't. I never ever get any mind-fuckage from acid, and I've never had any symptoms of anxiety at all, and the anti-nausea medications help, so my nausea seems to be somatic and not psychological.

My best friend was completely flabbergasted that I was STILL feeling nauseated after consuming such a large amount of anti-nausea medications, which I guess only goes to show how severely the LSD affects my stomach. I don't know what else I can do!! I am so in love with LSD, I really don't want to give her up. But I think I have to, which is completely fucking heartbreaking. If my best friend wasn't there with her meds on the weekend I would've been writhing around in pain all night, like I was the last time I tripped 6 months before...

I'm going to try mushies soon to see if I get better results. Wish me luck! <3

I've tried "walking/dancing it off", which only cramps my stomach muscles up more, and I've tried ginger, which has minimal effects. Does anyone have any other suggestions???

Last edited:
I always keep pickled ginger or even just plain ginger root around to nom on. It never seems to completely remove the nausea, but always makes it tolerable.

You might try a stronger and more selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist like ondansetron, as the internet tells me metoclopramide only antagonizes that receptor significantly at high doses, and has been largely replaced by the likes of ondansetron. You should be able to get a generic version somewhere over the internet.

On the off chance it's irritating your stomach tissue directly, you could try plugging it.

dayman, thanks anyway, but I've tried ginger, and it doesn't help one bit :(

You might try a stronger and more selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist like ondansetron, as the internet tells me metoclopramide only antagonizes that receptor significantly at high doses, and has been largely replaced by the likes of ondansetron. You should be able to get a generic version somewhere over the internet.

Excellent advice dude, I will look in to that. Thank you! <3

On the off chance it's irritating your stomach tissue directly, you could try plugging it.

I've gotta say, that totally isn't happening ;)
But thanks anyway.

I was totally going to jump in and say it's anxiety related until I read that line. ;)

My main nausea phase is usually during the come-up but I can relate to a lingering nausea that persists, and I can certainly relate to the desire to eat food, as it feels it will help the nausea/cramps.

I think psychedelics may stimulate the body to produce more stomach acid. There have been times where it felt like acid so I took some Tums and it worked very well.

Give Tums or some other calcium/magnesium carbonate tab a try.

Whats everyones experience with the nausea/bodyload from aMT?
Ive heard varying reports, and im just not quite sure what to expect.

For those who have experience with it, is there any way to minimize this nausea?

Lol, guess i shouldnt have skipped the first page :p
Thanks man!

If anyone has any input, please feel free to post away!

Give Tums or some other calcium/magnesium carbonate tab a try.

Yeah it's definitely related to stomach acid being overproduced. And I hate to be one of those annoying people who's like "But I've already tried that...and that....AND that!" But I really have tried everything along those lines. Before this particular instance, I always had Mylanta syrup, which never helps much. And I'm actually prescribed Nexium every day, which reduces the amount of stomach acid produced, long-term. So technically that shouldn't be so much of an issue.

I'm at a serious loss. I think I have to let LSD go :(

Like I said before, I'm going to try shrooms to see how that goes. Can anyone briefly give me a scale of how nausea from acid and mushies compares?? Am I in for something worse, or better?

For me mushrooms always gave me more nausea than LSD (mainly caused by the tendency for mushrooms to give me more anxiogenic trips). Mushroom material itself is somewhat indigestible. Maybe try a mushroom tea or extraction. If nausea is your concern don't just eat the mushroom material.

^^ Ahh that is an excellent tip, thank you PS!!

If the mushrooms are a no-go, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I looked in to getting some Zofran online last night (as per psood0nym's suggestion thank you :)), and in Australia I won't be able to do so without a prescription.....how the devil am I going to successfully obtain a prescription from my doctor for an anti-nausea medication which is usually prescribed to chemotherapy patients and people with IBS???? I've also read that it can be used to suppress alcohol cravings, and I am an alcoholic, so I might try that angle....

Wish me luck! <3

*update* I've ordered some ondansetron, hopefully it gets through customs *crosses fingers*
When I try it out I'll let you all know how it goes *crosses fingers and toes and eyes and everything!!!!!*

Last edited:
Trying out LSD + ondansetron tonight, I will update accordingly.
Wish me luck <3 :)

*update*

The ondansetron was a huge success!!

I took a tab, and about 30 mins after I took 8mg ondansetron. Then about 1.5 hours later I started feel nauseated already, as the trip was starting to slowly come on.

But just as I felt the nausea creeping in, I then felt the ondansetron taking effect. Oh man, the relief was euphoric. For the next few hours my stomach felt completely normal. I didn't have to hunch over from pain, or lie down, or massage my abdominal area, or do anything. It was just totally normal!

There were times at about T+6hrs where I could start to feel the nausea again. But it was completely manageable. If I started to feel sick I'd just stand up and walk around for a while and it would go away. Amazing :)

8mg lasted me the whole 8 hours. I could've/should've redosed another 4mg after 8 hours but I was lying down on the couch for the last part of the trip anyway so it wasn't entirely necessary. Had I been up and about, I would've needed another 4-8mg.

Good times %)

Last edited:
It all depends on the cause/type of nausea involved. For me, ginger or peppermint tea wards off all traces of nausea with drugs like mescaline, shrooms and MDMA.

If it's an acid reflux type of sick, antacids might help. A pinch of baking soda, Rolaids, Tums, whatever, just so long as you take it in a timely manner before nausea kicks in or immediately thereafter.

If it's an allergy/motion sickness type of nausea, antihistamines are the way to go. Non-sedating ones like loratadine and Zyrtec are less likely to cause side effects and can be just as effective as diphenhydramine and dimenhydrinate for nausea. Lying perfectly still and avoiding scrolling computer/cell phone screens and moving vehicles is highly recommended as well.

If your nausea is caused by intestinal upset ("nervous stomach"), loperamide is a great choice. It is effective for reducing not only diarrhea but also nausea and cramping caused by overzealous bowels. I always pop one with my MDMA to prevent the constant pooping that often follows :)

LSD has never made be sick, and I've eaten my fair share, trust me. It can bring on an anxious come up, with a strong feeling of butterflies in the stomach, which could be perceived as being nauseous. But nothing I could honestly call nausea. Even at high doses, I would call it almost transparent on my body.

Psilocybin mushshrooms, give me the feeling like I just did 3 or 4 shots of hard liquor, on an empty stomach, one after another. Its like a cramp/pressure like feeling, some call the feeling gut rot (some say rot gut). This is easy for me to ignore, and I know that that feeling will fade to euphoria shortly, so it's bearable. There is a bit of muscle tension involved at higher doses. I'm not too experienced with other tryptamines, so I can't say much more.

PEA's are much more likely to make me sick. MDMA and MDA will make me want to puke bad, but I have always been able to resist this urge, primarily because I didn't want to waste anything. 2c's will make me puke tough. From what I have tried, 2c-E is the worst for me, hands down. One second i'll be sitting down enjoying whats building, the next second, sprinting to the toilet for some projectile vomiting. Once I arrive at the peak, that part is over, and from there out its enjoyable. I'v been sitting on some 2c-P, we'll see how that goes when I get to it.

I believe the nausea is somewhat psychosomatic....sometimes. I no longer get sick from 2c-I, because I'm now very familiar with the nausea it gives me. There are moments, during the come up, where I feel some nausea, but tell myself there is no need to vomit, and it fades away. I know first hand, that you can make yourself dope sick when detoxing and taking methadone/suboxone, but these are of course, not psychedelics. Anyway just my opinions on the matter.

You guys need to try Kombucha. A nice bottle before taking psychedelics eases even the most intense nausea. My gf managed to keep down 450mg (!) of MDMA with no tolerance thanks to kombucha. I believe it contains building blocks for your stomach lining.

Not to mention it's packed with tons of EGCG and the like.

[2c-x] avoiding body load/nauesa on 2c-x compounds

This is a problem that I've dealt with for over a year now. The first 2c-x compound I've used was 2c-i. I used it pretty frequently during the time I had access to it, probably using 600-700 mg within 3-4 months. My dosages would range from 18mg to 40mg (as accurately as my cheap mg scale would measure them anyway). I found that I often (maybe 30-50% of my experiences) would be stricken with an unpleasant body load during the come up. The main offender was moderate to severe nausea that almost made me throw up on a few occasions (I strongly dislike the feeling of vomiting, so by instinct I almost always find a way to hold it in). Antacids like tums and peptobismol never seemed to help.

Now I've gotten hold of a large amount of 2c-b, and I'm running into the same issue. The thing is that when a larger does 2c-x trip (say upwards of 25mg) goes right, the experience is truly heaven for me, but I feel I often have a hard time achieving that due to the body load. So my question is, does anyone have a known prophylactic for 2c-x body load, or nausea in general? Are there any lifestyle choices I can make to reduce the chance of that nausea occurring? Or am I simply doomed to risk puking every time I give myself I high dose

Try taking 50mg of benadryl before you trip, that used to take edge off of 2c-e bodyload for me majorly.