• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

Hey guys just wondering if you guys have had any trips that have changed you for better or for worst. If so please give a detailed description of the trip and how it changed u

look up "Lsd first time gone bad" in trip reports and thats where mine is.

My second ever trip, on a high dose of mushrooms has given me a complete and total mystical experience of unity and it has changed me for better AND worse, it just deepened my life and all its facets by making clear how unimaginable our consciousness / reality works. It has enriched me for which I am endlessly thankful but it has also helped make things hard and complicated, so much that I can sometimes barely take it.
I guess in the end I am grateful because at least I know intensely how it feels to be alive, to seem to die and be reborn once more (happened multiple times), I feel like I have already lived a lifetime which is truly unreal...

But I also know that if I would succeed in surrounding myself only with peace instilling things and piece by piece making things better then I have it in me to be one of the happiest people thinkable. Honestly, I can feel it already but there are very destabilizing elements like living in a crazy student house right now that keep me from my peace.

The manner that trips have changed me was probably friends. After my first to trips with the same 4 people we were bonded in quite a close way. I have had more insight rebounding my thoughts off these people when we were on lucy then any psycotherapy or private trips.

My very first psychedelic was 2c-b, which was just to start me off, a wise decision made by my "guru" It really didnt do anything but show me that there was an entire "underground society" of people who "trip" and that i knew nothing of this strange new world.

A week or so after that i took MDMA for the 1st time and relaxed with my best friend, also my "guru", and it was very therapeutic for me, having just found out my mom was a meth addict. We discussed everything about life and how its not my fault shes addicted and things of that matter. About 4 hours into the roll, he offered me some DMT, at that time i didnt know WTF it was but i trusted him with my life, he told me words couldnt describe it ( as i kept asking what it was) so finally i just smoked it. I sat back, closed my eyes and saw the most perfect sun in the clearest blue sky ive ever seen in my life. Its as if i were glancing at the sky in another, more perfect dimension, and then the view shifted and i started peering downward, there I saw a huge Egyptian looking area, covered with sand and full of pyramids. I dont remember much after that, but I do remember it being the most profound experience ive ever had up to that point. Thats what brought me more into psychedelics, and convinced me that there is more to life than I ever thought possible. It helped me come to terms with my spiritual side, by informing me that life is an enigma.

MDMA was the first to per say open my eyes to the potential.
i immediatly was hooked. i was never more happier or at peace with myself
and everyone around me, can honestly say it was around one of the happiest points in my life.
i stopped taking MDMA due to the inbalance i thought i had in my head.
kinda forgot everything i learned from that experiance, until i finally got salvia to work
for me, ive smoked it a handful of times before nothing much but feeling like i was rapidly falling through a hole.

My buddy came over and told me he had 80x in his car. now i was interested because im always interested in pushing the mind and would never be down to drop the 90 bucks for the little 80x gram.. i took a fat bong rip and before i was able to exhale i was in the middle of space staring at a hugggeee story book slowly slowly closing, and for some reason a very far birds eye view of my street and house were on every page 3d. my house and neighborhood was being layed against the book page after page after page.. i then remember the feeling of being smashed in a car over and over. When i came to my sense my best friend was telling me over and over to get my pants and get in the truck. i look down and my shorts are at my ankles and im frantic in the middle of my street. Now during my trip i had a almost terrifying time just because while it was happening i completely forgot i smoked and was under the influence of anything and thought that i died and that i experienced what life after death really was. After that whole ordeal i was baffled, baffled at what the mind can really do in different states of conscious. I continue to trip on other psychs but am yet to smoke some salvia again but wont ever forget that experience that is for sure.

haha right? i remember in the middle of my trip i thought i was dieing and so i was resisting
cause who wants to die right.. so i ended up running away from my buddys car and was in the middle of the street for a good while. even right when i remembered what was going on i was still sooo fucking confused and kinda embaressed but it was just my best friend so i didnt care. i was barely able to grab my shit and get back in the car but after i did i tried to put my pants on and i just had a fat jumble of belts and fabric just intertwined times a million and took me like 10 minutes to get em on..

I've only had like 5 trips, the first coming a little over a year ago, so I'm a relative n00b. Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say that the first of my trips (about 2g dry of cubes) changed me for the better. It helped me rediscover and reconnect with what I feel is my true essence - what makes me, me. Over the course of the past year since that first trip, I've managed to almost entirely overcome some personal demons, I've not once lost my feeling of optimism for the future (something I've struggled with seriously in the past), and I find myself energised and eager to do my best at work (I quit my job to work for myself), love, and life. I've also pledged to make a difference for the better on this planet, before I die.

That said, I'm not under any illusions that psychedelics can be used without caution. Some of the other psychedelic message boards are swarming with great examples of how psychedelics can lead you down the wrong path. Of course they have incredible potential to lead you down the *right* path as well, and it seems like they *can* if used carefully. Personally I can't express how thankful I am that I tried the magic fungus, but I know that psychedelics can easily lead you astray if you're not careful. Sober, self-critical reality must always be the final judge or you may quickly find yourself living in a fantasy world, unable to relate to anyone around you, not heading for a great future.

Whilst I could talk about some of my experiences on LSD which defintely had an effct on the way a view the world / reality etc. The most memorable experiance I had was from taking a large dose of MDA with my girl friend (now wife) at a warehouse party in 1993. The whole party changed my life and although I was into the rave scene before that something really clicked for me and it became a deeply spiritual experiance as well a agreat laugh in a way only the MDs can really do.
The most memorable part was when me and my girlfried shared a lengthy hallucination as we sat towards the back of this large warehouse. The floor turned into a lake and ducks were swimming about for ages. The feeling of shred conciousness and total peace was overwhelmng. I could eloborate on the other life changing aspects of the evening but...as always you just had to be there ;-)

Last edited:
My buddy came over and told me he had 80x in his car. now i was interested because im always interested in pushing the mind and would never be down to drop the 90 bucks for the little 80x gram.. i took a fat bong rip and before i was able to exhale i was in the middle of space staring at a hugggeee story book slowly slowly closing, and for some reason a very far birds eye view of my street and house were on every page 3d. my house and neighborhood was being layed against the book page after page after page.. i then remember the feeling of being smashed in a car over and over. When i came to my sense my best friend was telling me over and over to get my pants and get in the truck. i look down and my shorts are at my ankles and im frantic in the middle of my street. Now during my trip i had a almost terrifying time just because while it was happening i completely forgot i smoked and was under the influence of anything and thought that i died and that i experienced what life after death really was. After that whole ordeal i was baffled, baffled at what the mind can really do in different states of conscious. I continue to trip on other psychs but am yet to smoke some salvia again but wont ever forget that experience that is for sure.

Its kind of funny how salvia makes us think we have died....

In lack of any better explanation of why all of this crazy shit is happening, we assume "yup, im dead" and completly forget that its a drug causing all of this to happen....

With salvia, death just seems to be the most logical explanation to the madness....

Which is probably why i don't do salvia anymore....

The only thing salvia has shown me is my comfort level toward the view of death, i accepted the fact that i had died and was ok with it, to most (like yourself) facing death is pretty scary....

Kind of awesome to come back to reality and be like "hooray, this is how jesus must have felt on easter" (that was a joke, sorry if that offended anyone, i am kind of rambling)

Hahaha that joke was good,
But ya the funny thing is when i was 13 i drowned and died for 6 mins my heart stopped beating..
i should be either dead or a vegetable right now, and it wasnt nearly as fucking crazy as salvia
thats for sure. or if it was i dont remember it but i remember leading up to my well death and opening my eyes for the first time after 3 days in a coma. So i just already dont fear death that much
because it was rather peaceful and it felt good it didnt hurt for some reason.

Its kind of funny how salvia makes us think we have died....

In lack of any better explanation of why all of this crazy shit is happening, we assume "yup, im dead" and completly forget that its a drug causing all of this to happen....

With salvia, death just seems to be the most logical explanation to the madness....

Which is probably why i don't do salvia anymore....

The only thing salvia has shown me is my comfort level toward the view of death, i accepted the fact that i had died and was ok with it, to most (like yourself) facing death is pretty scary....

Kind of awesome to come back to reality and be like "hooray, this is how jesus must have felt on easter" (that was a joke, sorry if that offended anyone, i am kind of rambling)

Its called out of body experience or astral projection. Its when you think your dead or just like an entity and you can like see your body laying there n shit, its pretty amazing. Before I knew what astral projection was I was scared because I thought I was dying or already dead because I couldnt recognize myself in my bodily vessel. But, now having more of an understanding on it, I can actually move further into the realms of consciousness.

Ah the memories of sweet sweet psilocybin mushrooms:

I dropped an eighth and a half one night. It was definitely a life changing experience, for the better. It took me an hour and a half to feel it, I traditionally have hella long come-ups. But when it hit me, it hit me like a semi. I endured so many emotions that night that I truly connected to my inner self. I had a brief stint of bad feelings, feelings that I was going to get caught or that others would be ashamed of my usage. But then, I layed on the grass at the park and looked up at the stars. That's when things got wonderful:

I experienced, in a sense, an out of body experience. As I watched the stars twinkle and the planets shift in and out of orbit, I was launched into a state of absolute comfort and security. The grass felt as though it was growing a cocoon around me. Yeah I know, pretty corny but I'm just tellin' it as I remember. I was as if I could feel the whole earth pulsing in my chest, the heartbeat of the world thumping gently against me. My friends were also laying beside me, entranced in their own thoughts. There was no speaking, just visuals and thoughts.

The point being, all of these emotions hit me like a jackhammer, but in a good way. I was able to sense and be sensible to the world around me and have a brand new outlook on the world. It was definitely a life changing trip simply because it altered my reason to where it was as if I was in a perfect world where anything was imaginable.

The rest of the night is beyond my memory, but my friends said that we were out on the grass for 3 hours straight. When I woke up the next morning, I felt invigorated and renewed. Thank you shrooms :)

Wow... that sounds so peaceful.
I wish I had halucinations are strong and vivid as that.

In the past I have done a fair bit of acid but the Halucinations on MDA ( or lots of MDMA) are definatly different, more real..hypereal!! They just seem to be both there and not there at the same time. With acid there is usually a feeling of great significance where as with MD they are more random.

Having said that I remember seeing sunlight shinning through the mortar in a brick wall one morning at a rave, really streaming through those moments carry significance but are a synergy of the MD and the enviroment etc.

My girlfriend rekoned she would regularly see a bloke pushing a wheelbarrow about at raves, she knew once she saw him she had hit the mark !!

How 2C-E Changed me mentally at 30mg

2C-E Is defiantly a gem for me from all the psychedelic substances I've tried. I've come to this conclusion only last night, it had been my 7th time I have had 2-CE and the 4th time of a 30mg dosage.

I have had many interesting experiences on this substance good and bad....however those that were bad I find hard to actually say they were bad experiences as I have always managed to learn and grow from them, even know they were the most terrifying times I've ever experienced whilst on them.

The first 2 times I tried this drug were at a 15mg dosage and were wonderful experiences, however this was at a time I was knew to psychedelics and only had a view of "recreational fun" as now I'am learning to appreciate the mind altering state and the beauty that is shown to me. The second time was between 25mg - 30mg dosage only a few hours after ingesting shrooms at a 2 day doof. That also being said it was the first time I had experienced the most terrifying time of my life mentally. I had experienced extreme cases of paranoia, anxiety and got caught in many time diluted loops where everything was repeated, my sister has schizophrenia and I believe that I started getting symptoms worse than she had ever had and I would never be sane again. (12 Hours later I was fine)

For me after that experience I believe that should of been enough for me to say "no" to he drug or at least lower the dosage.. as it's not for me. However after that experience I learned something about myself and I understood my sister in a new way. I wanted to gain the mental control to come out of these bad experiences if they happen again, and having the close friends that I do, I was aware that I had the support if the trip went wrong. Between then and now I have had some amazing times on 2C-E, however to explain these experiences it would be like explaining to a blind person who was born blind what it's like to see.

It's been a 30mg dosage each time after my experience at the doof, I have had 3 incredible terrifying expereiences on psychedelics similar to the one at the doof. However they were from consuming other psychedelics: Shrooms (Tea divided between 3 people, then 30 mins later eating 15, was perfectly fine and loving the trip, 7-8 hours later I ate another 15 and everything went bad.) 28mg of 2C-I (Liquid) also effected me pretty bad, it was also interesting as the drug did not seem to take effect until many hours later, I had not eaten much and was pretty sleep deprived, I was in a nightclub when the drug took effect.

Each time I have had a bad experience I knew that this was my opportunity to train my mind and learn what causes this mental instability and insecurity, I believe I have succeeded as the last 3 times I have done 2C-E (30mg) and things seems to go into dark areas... I have been able to come to light and enjoy the trip.

The drug has made me see evil, talk absolutely nonsense, nausea, paranoia, anxiety..... however keeping my mind active constantly, being around the right people, right vibes and energy I don't have a problem though if I do...I can bring myself to a comfortable place in my mind. I sometimes think back to my first bad experience at the doof....and kick myself a little bit as I believe from what I have learnt in the past 5 months I would know how to get out of that bad little trip in my mind. However if I never experienced that... I would not understand my sister the way I do now nor would I have the knowledge I have now...so I can almost say I'm thankful for those bad trips.... I've grown to appreciate the drug and the beauty it does.

I will one day write up some of my trip reports, the good and bad. Thanks for reading, if anyone has any questions or advice or would like to know more about me such as other drugs I've tried feel free to ask / say.

TIPS for Coming out of BAD Trips:
-Keep the mind active, if you find yourself dwelling on something that's making you feel bad...do something that will change your mind to a positive, otherwise you may go down the rabbit hole of negative thoughts, I've been there and it's not fun.

-Music is good, however if your going into a bad loop, listen to the beats of the music... and if it has a repetitive beat that doesn't seem to change much that can make the loop worse. So change it to a different style.. I prefer psy ambient that has some wobble or glitch. Outdoors I like the environmental psy ambient.

-People, I find it hard to communicate to people that are not tripping especially those I don't know...and can usually cause me to trip bad. Stick with those that are tripping, or inform a close friend that your having a bad trip.

-Also inform yourself that it's only the chemical in your system and it will go away.... that was hard for me.. as I always thought it would never stop and I would be like this for ever.

-Never take 2C-E if you haven't eaten for a couple days and are sleep deprived, the substance can cause nerve damage especially if there is no fat around the nerves. (I don't necessarily believe this, just something I was informed as a possibility) A close mate went into hospital from only 15mg of 2C-E as he could know longer feel his body, tell if he was hot or cold. Even hear his breathing. They had to find out what the drug was and neutralize it. He was completely numb on the left side of his body for 2 days and the doctors said it could be permanent before he left.

Feel Free to add TIPS!

Last edited:
-Never take 2C-E if you haven't eaten for a couple days and are sleep deprived, the substance can cause nerve damage especially if there is no fat around the nerves. A close mate went into hospital from only 15mg of 2C-E as he could know longer feel his body, tell if he was hot or cold. Even hear his breathing. They had to find out what the drug was and neutralize it. He was completely numb on the left side of his body for 2 days and the doctors said it could be permanent before he left.

do you have any evidence to suggest that any of the other 2c's could possibly cause nerve damage if taken without food and sleep deprivation?

While it might be physiologically erroneous, it's has a lot of truth regardinmg the mental landscape you're entereing. Taking any psychedelic after sleep deprivation isn't a good idea

I had experienced extreme cases of paranoia, anxiety and got caught in many time diluted loops where everything was repeated, my sister has schizophrenia and I believe that I started getting symptoms worse than she had ever had and I would never be sane again. (12 Hours later I was fine)

A family history of schizophrenia is a risk for the disease yourself; but knowing it's in the family could also make you paranoid and hypochondriac about psychotic symptoms.