• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

Have Pyschedelic Drugs changed your life for the better?

If so, how?

We always hear stories about how drugs have ruined peoples lives....often its true. How often do you hear people talking about how happy they were that they struggled with a drug addiction?

With Psychedelics I think it is *sometimes* a different story. I have heard many people talk about how enriching and enlightening and life changing a psychedelic trip has been. People feel that it changes them for the better, teaches them things about themselves, helps them utilize their inner genius, create great works of art, and I have even met people who claim that it made them smarter.....debatable since it could be a delusion, but there is some evidence to maybe support it since members of the Native American church seem to have above average IQs especially compared to tribal community members who are non-members...though that could have more to do with the supportive community and the fact that many dont drink.

Anyway, its nice to hear a different story for a change.

How have psychedelic drugs improved your life and changed you for the better?

I think there is already a similar thread if you search around.

On a side note I owe a lot to psychedelics, it has brought me closer to myself and to friends. It was basically like hooking jumper cables to my brain until it made millions of new connections, rapidly learning more about myself and unfolding the world around me so I could see things for what they truly were. I don't even want to think of how narrow minded I would be and how little I would know about myself, and how much of a different person I would be without psychedelics.

Do you have a link to thank thread? I did a search, but I didnt find what I was looking for.

When on Mushrooms I would notice how the world works in slow motion.
It helped me take a step back and focus on what people do and how things work in harmony in everyday life. Like I could be frozen in time and be able to analyze how people interact with each other and how certain people, sober or not, portray their emotions without even knowing it. A certain gesture or movement was observed and I could tell how the person feels about a certain topic or ideal.

Never on LSD was it like that, but Mushrooms seemed to have a certain more psychological effect.. more of a mind expansion trip for me. It would make me more observant of my surroundings and help me understand that the actions I would take would in turn effect something else that I would soon do.
I was able to think two or three steps ahead of what I would normally so that I would always be able to pick the best plan of attack to benefit not only the now, but my future.

My greatest understanding moment I would say is when I was on 7g of blue and gold mushrooms. At the park with some friends, sunny summer day just chillaxing in the shade of a small neighborhood park. I was peaking and I get a call from my mother that I need to come home quick because my cousin had passed away the night before and we were leaving to go to their house. That day the mushrooms had me thinking that it was okay that she passed, and its just a phase in life that everyone must face someday. It helped me understand the meaning of life and death, first hand.

Pyschedelics have not made me IQ smarter, but in the right setting and mindset, they really have helped me gain Wisdom and Understanding of this strange, strange world.
Understanding of life is far more rewarding to me than anything a book could have taught me.;)

Gotta say its a bit of both i thin im a better person because of it but i also think they have warped my way of thinking a little bit to much :D

There was a good point in time where I had felt psychedelics had improved my life,
but that was not true. I had improved my life with the help of everyone around me.
Hppd was fun at first then i realized what i had done to my mind.

They have helped my life in more ways than I could count. I don't regret any of it. :)

Psychedelics aren't a magical cure, as I was the one who figured it out. They just unlocked pathways and opened doors that weren't there, so I am incredibly thankful for that.

Well, other than DMT. I am not quite sure my mind did that...

I often think about this question. I'm fairly new to psychedelics, I had my first trip last January and since then my attitude and priorities have changed drasticly. Until recently I never had the slightest interest in continung my education, for example. Now I'm off to college in the fall. I quit smoking after 8 years due to a mescaline trip. Its difficult for me to decide if I should chalk this up to psychedelics or if I'm just getting older and wising up a little. On the other hand, I have alot more anxiety and anti-social tendancies than I remember having before I started tripping.

But I like to think that psychedelics have given me a positive push in my life.

I've only been dosing psychedelics for a few short years now, and starting later in life compared to most beginners (I'm over 30). Therefore, I'm still reserving judgement and will re-assess as the years go by...

For the moment, however, I think it's fair to say that they've helped me improve my life. I tend to believe that I would have advanced by myself regardless, but that the psychedelics have helped me speed the process. The psychedelics provide the power-packed intense experiences, as well as the ability to interpret them more broadly and in more depth than while sober. But, of course, the real magic is in yourself: it's your brain at work, growing you through first-hand experience of life.

Ultimately, I feel that psychedelics have changed me for the better. I have had many more difficult and even bad trips, than I have good trips, but I feel like those more difficult trips have been like "housecleaning" - bringing up detritus from the back of my mind to the forefront, so that I can become aware of it and work through it. I feel often that I have a lot more fear than I used to, but that's not really true. I always had the same fears - psychedelics just brought them to the surface. At least now I know what I'm dealing with.

I had a difficult trip the other night, which almost turned into a bad trip (mushrooms, 2 grams)... funny thing is that I want to do mushrooms AGAIN. I'm really curious and interested in what more I can discover about myself and the universe.

Personality wise, I dont think psychedelics have had much of an impact.

But being interested in psychedelics has made me more motivated to work harder in Chemistry class lol

Some people feel like what they experienced or wrote on acid actually is less deep once they are sober.....I have two opinions about what this might be....

1)....Maybe you are not that deep when you are sober....lol. Not that people are not deep exactly but maybe whatever you were thinking about or doing in the hours or days before your trip wasnt the most profound moments of your life....You could be a highly intelligent person, but maybe the same person would have a more profound trip had they been reading philosophy or had some life changing experience recently while they were sober. whatever you fill your head with before your trip you are going to deeply experience while on your trip and its going to seem bigger and more intimate than when you are sober.

2) Sometimes simple things have deeper meaning.....Sometimes a concept might not seem exceptionally deep or complicated or profound on the surface, but maybe its still something that you needed to remind yourself to focus on. Maybe there was a double meaning, or maybe just the regular meaning is meant to remind you to be mindful of something basic that you had been overlooking.....maybe dont judge those thoughts by what they evoke on the surface, but try to piece together where they came from and trying to find balance and health in your life and relationships.

Sometimes its difficult to understand the full scope of what we were thinking in those altered states of consciousness, but it can be difficult to some up yours thoughts when they are no longer linear.

Did Psychedelics changed your life/the way you live ?

Hi everybody, I saw an intressting article on erowid last day and I wanted to read more answer of you people :)

Did LSD changed your life , the way you live/think, did LSD or any other psychedelics changed you ( in a good or bad way )

For me I took LSD about 30~ times at medium/high dose, but im quite sure it changed me. Idk if it changed me in a good or bad way but im a bit more introvert, a bit less social, i'v got a huuuge respect and appreciation for nature.

Im also more tolerant, I dont wanna mess with anybody, and before these trips I was a bad kid ;(

I can't really explain where it changed me but I feel different since I took LSD.

Your turn. :)

Ya know some people will go on about how "psychedelics aren't addicting braaa", but dude once you take that first magical trip, it really opens a WHOLE fucking world of experiences to be had. I'm not saying that I sit and tweak for psychedelics or anything, or have withdrawals or shit like that. But I think psychedelics can be addicting in that aspect. Where it's not craving a drug in particular, but just kind of wanting an experience like that again.

You eat the acid or the mushrooms or whatever the fuck, and you get this mental blast, this enlightening feeling. And for me I've really started to enjoy how I feel afterwards. Even after a bad trip on acid recently, I still wanna trip.

But yeah man I think psychedelics have changed me for the better, possibly made me a little eccentric, but I don't think I'm a dick or anything like that.

psychedelics first taught me that duality or more specifically good and bad are subjective and purely based on conditioning and perspective

between December '10 and august '11 I consumed around 40mg of LSD. It was a mad journey but taught me that perspective has a direct impact on anyones personal reality- that so much of the world is your interpretation and therefore gives you a unlimited impact on your happiness. You are free, don't let your mind fuck you into boxes.

See the beauty of the world, for everything is there....

My first trip definitely changed me and it was entirely positive. I felt a new confidence in myself. I was also proud of my coping mechanism. I'd spent 12 hours sitting on a rug in a big, beautiful garden with a girl I'd met a few times at music festivals, who was dating a friend of mine. I felt the need to go home towards the end and despite feeling like my knees were floating above my lower legs I made it home in one piece and I didn't even freak out when I started having some slightly disturbing visions. I sat and read and looked at pictures, and I was able to simply detach from what I had expected would be an absolute horror. The only time I worried was when I realised that it was a good 16 hours after I'd taken my first dose and I was still away with the fairies. It was beautiful though. I still remember how ALIVE everything looked. Rolling tobacco took on a texture and a purple hue... like it was alive... it was beautiful. Trees whispered and laughed, birds were watching me and my friends and laughing with us. At one point I became convinced that I could make myself taller or smaller at will, and my hands kept getting bigger and smaller of their own accord.

I was so scared of LSD but I will never regret trying it. It was fantastic and I'd do it again if I had the chance.