View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

What I learned from psychedelics:

"There will be an answer, let it be"

Psychedelics have made me question more things I take for granted. I've realized that we normally conceive reality through a filter which filters away everything that's not necessary for us at the moment. Green is green. While on psychedelics, all filters are removed. Green is suddenly tens or hundreds of different "greens". Psychedelics shows the amazing capabilities our brain has if we utilize them, they are tools to open the gates to the subconscious.

I also think I've become a more emphatic person due to psychedelics, I appreciate many things, especially nature, more. Flowers, leaves, stones, everything. I would also add that psychedelics have thought me to be more humble. The psychedelic experience is such a deep and spiritual experience, it makes me feel "little" in a good way. A bit in the same way when I hike in the mountains and just gasp in awe at the scenery. Or when I watch lightning and realize how mighty nature is.

How have psychedelics changed you? For me, I went from a nihilistic atheist to someone who believes that life is something beautiful and precious.