• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

The first time I ever experienced ego loss, it scared the crap out of me. I think in your case you were just in the wrong setting... Setting is everything when taking psychedelics.

It was the weed cannabis makes me heavily dissociated during a trip on anything and makes me have a panic attack almost every time unless my trip is like over pretty much!!! Trust me it was the weed some people have bad trips from combining cannabis and psychedelics even if either one does'nt freak you out both together will. My advice is do not smoke during trip sessions cause its bad news trust me!!!

I get so fucked up and dissociated when I combine them that its like pure panic and dissociation and can produce alot of what you discribed exactly almost!!! Stay away from cannabis while tripping next time!!!;)

I would say they were definately shrooms, how else would you of experienced psychoactive effects from them? I think weed can make people freak out on shrooms if they are inexperienced with weed and especially if inexperieced with shrooms aswell. Of all the frequent smokers I know, however, weed seems to serve as a sort of comfort blanket as its something they know and feel comfortable with.
People being pissy and aggressive definately can change the direction a trip is going in, it is important to remember it is them with the problem and try not to dwell on it.
Shrooms are fucking weird shit aren't they? If you have access to acid it is worth a go, I have found it to be a smoother ride :).

Thats a big negative for me cause i'm experienced with both cannabis and psychedelics extensively and it does'nt matter how much of each one cause combined its the same reaction, PANIC ATTACK!!! A panic attack while tripping is no fun and is called a bad trip!!! When you have a panic attack it just makes the psychedelic ten times more intense and turns it bad real quick!!! Its really hard to work through a panic attack, actually when theres something like weed that causes it during a trip I find you can no longer work through it like you can normally. Having that THC produce its effect ruins the psychedelic experience and makes it near impossible to work through and learn from it!!!

so do you think i could pop a few xanax over the course of the trip in order to keep from having a bad trip?

like, one before and than in the middle?

or would that fuck me up?

Just don't smoke the weed. You don't want to take xanax with psychedelics, they dull out the trip. Unless you get a bad trip and have no other way out. Then they might help, but they will also dull the trip.

with what i just said, i couldn't agree more about the whole rave thing. it somewhat can compare to X, i somewhat felt a little more stimulated than with X.....but i find X better for some reason.....i guess it's just because they're good in their own ways. and speaking of candyflipping, i wasn't thinking of doing that, but more of hippie flipping.

but what do you suggest i do first....take the X than the shrooms? because i find that whenever i come up on X, i somewhat freak out and really irritable and pissed off but than i go to being nice and happy and rolling. So i'm thinking that if i were tripping, i would freak out more than i did with just the shrooms and i would be less fearful when taking the shrooms.

also, how much more smooth is acid and why?
and i would think that acid would be more likely to cause a bad trip...unless it puts you in the same ore even better mood as the shrooms did. also, i would think it would cause a bad trip because wouldn't the hallucinations be more disturbing and intense?

With hippieflipping go a little bit lower of a dose you would normally take of both. I would say do about 1.5 grams of mushrooms and a good pill at the same time. They should hit around the same time, i would save another pill for later so you don't have to come down while tripping. How long does it generally take for the anxiety from the E to go away for you?

I consider myself a little bit biased towards LSD in comparing LSD and mushrooms. LSD was my first psych and i loved it. LSD visuals in my experience are a lot of fractals and various patterns with some things moving around like they do on shrooms. There has only been 1 time when i did not like what i saw on LSD and that was staring at my hand and watching the muscle wither away leaving bones covered by skin and veins with what looked like bugs crawling through the veins.... Staring into the mirror is something that can scare people, you just have to keep in mind that what you see is not what you are. Short of mirrors and the occasional concentrating on anatomy the visuals on acid are far from frightening or disturbing, i often find myself in awe at the beauty of everything.... Taking a walk a reoccurring thought is "it feels like im walking into a painting"...

As for how acid makes me feel, definite mood lift, but it varies from trip to trip, but no trip was nearly as euphoric as my first. It was the happiest time of my life... hundreds or thousands of times happier than i had ever felt in my life. You have to go over the edge of sanity and reason to experience that amount of euphoria... Get your brain to pump out every last little bit of dopamine and serotonin it can and it wouldn't even come close. It felt like the collective joy of every happy thing on the earth slammed into my brain. I felt bat shit crazy but i knew it would end in time and at the moment i was feeling happier than i ever had so i just let go and let it overtake me.

How long does it generally take for the anxiety from the E to go away for you?

it depends....it normally doesn't last more than 20 mins.

so should i take one x pill, wait till i'm rolling, eat like one gram of shrooms and if i don't feel anything eat .5 grams. i should be tripping then. and about 3 hours later take another pill.

my rolls always last long....i'm always the first to feel it and the last to be sober.

is there any reasoning for why i freak out and for why i get irritable and pissed for when i come up?

it depends....it normally doesn't last more than 20 mins.

so should i take one x pill, wait till i'm rolling, eat like one gram of shrooms and if i don't feel anything eat .5 grams. i should be tripping then. and about 3 hours later take another pill.

my rolls always last long....i'm always the first to feel it and the last to be sober.

is there any reasoning for why i freak out and for why i get irritable and pissed for when i come up?

a good question for Ecstasy Discussion... But yea, i would assume you should have enough MDMA to last through the trip... coming down hard from that while tripping would not be fun...

Is dried shrooms ok to just leave in a zip lock baggy? What about long term storage? My bf wants to keep putting it in the fridge....

Also how do I know how much 1/8 is without a scale?

Mushroom Ice Tea?

OK, so i know how to make mushroom tea, but is it possible to save it in the fridge and drink it later as ice tea?Would it deteriorate the affects at all?And how long would you say it would last?

**OK, before I post this, I just want to state that I am aware it's not wise to cease taking prescribed medication. That being said...**

How long in advance would I have to stop taking my SSRI in order to achieve optimal/ predictable results from dosing some shrooms?

Thanks in advance for the help guys! :)

i would start of with 2.5... sometimes with potent mushrooms 3.5g can be really really intense. 2.5-3g with like 3 beers before to take the edge off the come up is my sweet spot

I too have heard from experienced "cap heads" that the cap produces more of a visual head trip, and the stem causes the body load, but I can't personally confirm this. I've always eaten both parts together.

Chocolate is one of the best ways to consume mushrooms, but don't buy chocolates from someone who you dont' completely trust. If you want to make your own mushroom chocolates I have posted my personal method here.

My understanding is that there is now a waiting period for mushrooms in Amsterdam. The idea is to make it harder for stupid tourists to eat to many and jump off a building (there were French teenagers dropping like rain for a while I guess) while still keeping them available to Amsterdam residents who know better.

For a first time dosage, I recommend 1g. I generally only take a 1.5g, and I like to think of myself as a fairly experienced shroomer.

Ooops....mistaken merge. Aherm, nobody noticed did they??

Sweet %)

Nope, of course not.

What do you all think is the best substance to mix mushrooms with?

My single experience with mixing shrooms with something else was when I tried "molly" (crystaline MDMA). I parachuted a dose and waited for 2 hours, but I just got kinda high and tripped out, so I ate a mushroom chocolate with .75g. As soon as the chocolate started to melt in my mouth I started feeling warmer. Before I was even swollowed I was getting a rushing sensation like I get before a big trip. I spent the next few hours tripping face on the couch, lost in thought. Definately a worthwhile experience. I've sometimes wondered about mixing mushies and LSD, but was always afraid that the emotional edge of mushrooms might turn the intensity of LSD into a bad trip. I don't know, maybe this is a whole new thread topic, but we'll start here.

This was said to me over the weekend.

"With shrooms, the joke's on you and they're going to laugh. Laugh with them and it's all cool, laugh at them and that's when shit goes downhill."

Dude, I heard something similar from an experienced user "Go with the flow, don't fight the flow"

Merged in a fairly developed thread about mushrooms and bad trips.

Dude, I heard something similar from an experienced user "Go with the flow, don't fight the flow"

Very true. With some psychedelics like LSD, you're usually in the driver seat. With mushies, you're typically a passenger along for the ride. Mushrooms take you where THEY want to go. Fight it and you're in for a rough night.

Fight it and you're in for a rough night.

The same is true for quite a lot of psychedelics.
About bad mushroom trips, I've found mushrooms actually produce less anxiety on higher dosages, the only time I've had anxiety on a shroom trip has been when my dosage has been too low.

How many Boomers should I eat?

I am very familiar with LSD. i have dropped many times. but I have never done mushrooms.I have eaten a few caps before and felt different but not tripped.
I am a pretty big guy 6'3 about 245. I know that an eighth(3.5g) is the average dose but i want to really trip hard...so a quarter ? is shrooms visually similar to LSD ?