• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

Yeah that's the only thing that scares me, just knowing that I could experience a very terrifying experience is pretty scary, but I guess I just need to accept that.

Do you think there is a better chance of not having a bad trip if I take a pretty low dose, like starting with a G or so? Or can bad trips always happen just as much as amazing trips?

a half eighth is the ideal starting dose if you ask me. i did that my first time and it will probably never be as good as that again. eating a gram would be on the fence between a trip and an experience of being fucked up. you probably want to have an actual trip so a half eighth is a nice conservative yet worthwhile dose.

a half eighth is the ideal starting dose if you ask me.

That's pretty relative, don't you think? A half eighth of some home grown shrooms could completely kick your ass, and I've had some shrooms where a half eighth would have done absolutely nothing.

i did that my first time and it will probably never be as good as that again.

This is never true with psychedelics. :)

alright I think this has gotten enough responses. Check the big and dandy thread out. You can find it contained within the link of my new signature :) and again enjoy those boomers :D

It's at this point I have to say mushrooms seem to offer one of the most cosmic and insightful trips compared to some of the RC's around. I notice people saying they like 4-ACO-DET or 4-HO-MIPT better but I find those chems, while brilliantly visual and effective, lack the cosmic insights and have a heavier body load than good old mushrooms. I know all too well the unpredictability of where a mushroom trip can go. It can be gentle and wise or you could feel raped by a UFO (LOL, long story). Yes, LSD is more controllable and probably one of the only synthetic chemicals (for me) that can give insight and a very usueful trip. But mushrooms seem to have less of a body load and more insight (for me) than say 2CI. Yet mushrooms can be very heavy and out do LSD at times so beware.

Just a Saturday morning plug for mushrooms. Although it's been a few years, maybe 8, I remember the learning I had gained after repeated mushroom trips in the 80's and 90's. For some reason it seems in the 70's mushrooms were known as being more gentle than LSD. As we moved into the 2000's they seem to have taken a turn and became an enitity of their own. Something happened with time and I like it. And yes, I believe, light heartedly at least, that Terrence McKenna had stumbled upon some important stuff. But that's just my opinion. :)

Trust me u will have a fucking blast if ur in a good, fun place with fun people. Well for my 1st time I was at the beach at our family place. at first I felt funny but I knew it was kicking in when patterns and textures started to take form. The music was louder and better. And i laughed the whole night. Everything was funny to me. The best way to explain it is u "hear music and see colors"!

I did them my first time not long ago. The first hour I was sitting around with my friend anxiously with almost a really hard weed sedative stone feeling. Then I began to notice my perceptions changing, and gruadually my perceptions changed more and in better ways. I felt loots of introspection and comfort. Very giggly when I began to notice the changes, it almost seemed surreal. Something I gotta say is: I don't get what the big deal about the awful taste is.... To me it just tastes like peanut shells and then get sort of an earthy aftertaste, nothing that's not tolerable.

Hi, I'm new....ish this is my first post, anyway. I have a dilemma; a friend of mine, who is supposedly well-informed in regards to mushrooms, sold me 12 caps. 3 being a 'safe' dose, but when I had 3 from a previous batch, I tripped like crazy, as did many others I know. From the 12 I bought, none were for me but for friends. 4 people, one was an experienced trippers who hadn't seen them in awhile, another was one who had taken them only several times before, the other two were complete novices. All of them claimed not to feel a single thing.

The friend who sold it to me said this happens a bit with mushrooms (no effect), but after talked to some other friends I've been told that it's damn near impossible not to get any effects off mushrooms unless they're a dud batch. Even if they didn't dose right, you should still get some small effects. I've also been told this is pretty basic knowledge, and the grower would know all this when they sold them.

I would really like a final opinion on the subject, because I'm thinking my friend deliberately sold me dud mushrooms, and I'm about to phone them to call them out on it. Thanks!

Potency varies from shroom to shroom, and reaction varies from person to person, depending on environment ,diet,etc so really the best anyone can do is tell you what worked for them, and then ballpark something similar for you. the first time i did shrooms i did 1.5 and it was so fun, 3.5 was also fun.....5 was cool too.... i just like shrooms. but i have had friends trip of a half eighth and never want to do shrooms again....like i said everyone is different so take it easy and work you way up, no point in potentially ruining an awesome thing for yourself.

If the mushrooms contained psilocybin, they would have tripped. Its not a hit and miss drug- it works. The mushrooms were duds most likely. Unless every person was on an anti-psychotic, which is unlikely. I've never known anyone to eat psilocybin mushrooms and not trip.

thanks a lot for the confirmation. I was worried that might be the case.

I took 1.5 grams of mushrooms and a hit of weed and it took me to a psychedelic level far beyond when I have taken eighths and smoked a few bowls do you think that it might have been laced or just very potent?

I'd say first time is always the most memorable, ABDF. Laced mushies would be pretty unlikely, I'd think. May well have been potent shroomies too, but the first time is always special :)

Magic Mushrooms

Hey. So I might have the chance to do some this long weekend. I am fairly educated on X and the like...but have little knowledge of this psychedelic. Could anyone please give me some information on dosage, how I should prepare (supplements etc), anythign to avoid (negative people etc haha)...how long the trip should go for....and also if anyone knows...what the drug will do to my brain? is it similar to Mdma where serontonin is deplenished or does it merely bind to the receptors causing the pathways to "misfire"?

Thankyou for any help!

Hi, Clean Cut :)

I've moved your mushroom question to the mushroom question thread - may be worth your while having a read through it as most of your questions have probably been answered here already. Also worth having a look at the Big & Dandy Pscilocybin Mushroom Thread for general information about dosage, effects and so forth. The Big & Dandy First Time Tripper thread should give you some ideas and reports of others first trip too.

Happy shrooming :)

Interest in mushrooms

I've been interested in trying psychedelic drugs for a year or two now, and have spent quite a bit of time reading about the subject on Erowid.

The only vaguely psychedelic drug I have ever used is marijuana. The fourth time I ever used it I became very anxious and panicked as I came up. This freaked me out a bit for a few weeks afterward and there were several occasions where I had this feeling while completely sober. I was able to get over this with time and I feel fine now.

When I decided to try smoking again the same thing happened as I was coming up but this time I was able to take control and feel more comfortable. I don't use pot very often but each time I do I am more able to control the "coming up." Once I get up there I am fine.

I am interested in trying Mushrooms but I am a little frightened that anxiety will ruin the trip. If I do decide to try the 'shrooms I will probably be in a beautiful natural setting. What are the thoughts of the "experts?" Should I go for it or abstain?

We're not here to make a decision for you. We can help you answer questions which you would like to know before deciding. I dunno, I've never had anxiety on mushrooms, but others have definately. 2 Years is alot of research time, so I think you should know what your in for somewhat. Though, I thought I understood psychedelia before I did any psyches but I was clearly wrong.

If it feels right do it! =D

Taking into consideration your bout of anxiety with cannabis, I'd say if you try mushrooms, do half of what everyone else is doing. I know, I know, that's totally random because who knows what amounts your friends are doing. The point is that I think it's good to ease yourself into the experience.

Many people will say that if you do too small a dose, you won't even feel it, you're wasting drugs and money, but that's never been my experience. I've taken somewhere between 1/32nd and 1/16th and felt a very mild trip. At the time, I was trying to work myself back into mushrooms after an anxiety-filled bad trip from an 1/8th of very good 'shrooms. Dosing small made me feel very comfortable with the feeling of mushrooms, and the next time I tripped, I felt happy in my skin and could enjoy the introspective aspect of the trip.

I think there's a lot of insight to be gained from mushrooms (and some flat-out good times), so that's why I'd encourage you to try them if you feel ready to do so. But start small. Again, a lot of people think it's a waste to do a very small dose of psychedelics, but I think it's a good way to introduce yourself to the experience and to gain confidence about your ability to control a trip and get the most enjoyment of it. And really, I think people who worry about "wasting" money and drugs by taking a small trip are a bit misguided. Having a fulfilling trip seems to me to be the point of the drug. It's not like dope, where your goal is to milk the last effective particle out of the bag.

I prefer to do psychedelics in nature too… such an amazing experience. If you decide to try mushrooms, I hope you have a great time hiking and being in nature. I think you'll have a great time.