• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

wild psychadelic mushroom grow guide

hi, i am wondering if there is a guide somewhere online that outlines the best time of year to look for psychadelic mushrooms, and the the types of locations they will likely be growing in. anyone have a link?

No, but buy Paul Stamets' "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World"- check out his site I believe its fungi.com but just google paul stamets. I would urge your to buy the book as it is very detailed, and from what I know, a very legit source of info. At least, its what I use to ID mushrooms.

hi, i am wondering if there is a guide somewhere online that outlines the best time of year to look for psychadelic mushrooms, and the the types of locations they will likely be growing in. anyone have a link?

Yes there is a complete field guide to Magic Mushrooms at my website with 55 known species of the 200 species worldwide with more than 4,000 photographs of magic shrooms in all of their various stages of growth and development.

http://www.mushroomjohn.org/species.htm

It is the Ultimate Field Guide

Included is a section on poisonous look-a-likes which resemble magic species.

In fact, every thing you need to learn about shrooms can be found on my site, including more than three dozen articles on Hawaii to Thailand and the PNW of the USA. Articles by scholars are on the site, and many pictorials of shroom hunting in foreign countries and habitats and ruminants and images of shroom pickers from around the world.

mjshroomer

Question about injestion.

Hey ive been wondering what the most efficient and effected way would be best when taking mushrooms. ive heard of people eating them and people smoking them. Is there a different between to two? and if so which is better?

thanks for any information=D

We seem to be getting a lot of shroom threads; hence I shall merge some in.

I would like to point out to the question of proper dosage of mushrooms. From what I am reading on these three pages, 99.999% of the doses are related to Psilocybe cubensis and/or Psilocybe subcubensis.

Clinical dosage for that species is generally 3 and 1/2 grams dried to 5 grams dried. That is the equivalent to a Mazatec Ceremonial Dose.

However, there are currently more than two hundred species worldwide of psilocybian mushrooms

And dosages can range form as much as a 1/4 of a dried gram of one fresh ounce or more, and that could be anywhere form one mushroom with 2 doses to forty to sixty of a different variety of magic shroom.

Cubes and Pan subs take one fresh once.

Psilocybe cyanescens can have four fresh mushrooms which weigh one fresh ounce and get four to six people off.

On the other hand, a one ounce bag of fresh Psilocybe cyanescens with twenty to thirty small shrooms weighing one ounce can get ten to fifteen people high. Only the Psilocybe cyanescens does this.

Psilocybe cyanescens can have form forty to eighty doses in a dried ounce

Copelandia species can have form one to ten or more doses in a fresh ounce depending on one mushroom or forty or fifty.

one dried gram to 2 for dried copes.

Lib caps are from 20-40 fresh, or one third fresh ounce or one gram to two dried. 30 doses of libs to a dried ounce.

mjshroomer

mushroom candies mean dealing and usually show up at raves. lately in the last couple of years, a few dozen people in the PNW have been arrested and charged with intend to distribute in the PNW and a few cases in the midwest.

When you start doing candies, yo hurt all the people who love mushrooms.

Just like the greedy store vending shroom dealers in the UK ruined it for the hundreds of thousand pickers of liberty caps who could legally collect libs as long as they were fresh and the store vendors also cause the laws to be enacted which made it illegal for individuals in the UK to legally grow them at home. Which was all legal since 1976 in the UK. Until 2002 when dozens of dealers opened up shroom shops. I posted numerous threads about how those stores would eventually be made illegal and it was all due to greed.

Selling candies with mushrooms are now being sold at school level amongst teens. This brings heat to everyone else who loves shrooms and it is not a good thing.

My opinion.

mjshroomer

So doses vary form mushroom species to mushroom and each individual mushroom has a different amount of chemical in it then the one next to it.

shrooms, bad trips

so last night was my first night doing shrooms and i ate 2 g's of dried shrooms and for like....5 hours i was having such a good trip, i wasn't freaking out at all, but than the last hours of it i was freaking the fuck out.

heres the story....i'm went down to my friends college and it was me and my friend and my friends friend who did them and we were allll fucking good in my dorm...but we went to his friends dorm and we were good there too and we were smoking and his friend's roommate came back right in the middle of our smoking session and was pissed that we were smoking and right there is when my bad trip started happening.

i started feeling like i was falling away from my body and i wouldnt know what position i was in....like lets say i had my hand behind my head....i wouldn't know if it was behind my head or in front of me....because i would see it in front of me. normally, i wouldn't have freaked out, but since i was already freaking out, it was just making it worse.

i don't want to get into full detail because all it really was was just simply freaking out. so we left his dorm and i was still freaking out and than the thought of dying crossed my mind. i was thinking that we ate the wrong types of shrooms cause i wasnt tripping really....it was more i was in my own little world....like i didnt see shit distorting or anything like that, maybe a little bit, but not that much at all. anyway, so i thought that what i was actually experiencing was what dying felt like.

so i was freaking the fuck out and we went back to my friends dorm and my friends roommate came back and was drunk as fuck and was gonna fuck some chick so he wanted us out of there and was pissed off and it fuckin sucked because i didn't want to go back to the same place where the bad trip started happening so it was making me freak out even more. so we were going to take the elevators but my friend didnt want to be around other people so we went all the way down, which was 17 stories downstairs, back to the place. okay, hahaha....the sound of our footsteps like echoing and the sound it made in the stair well was tripping me the fuck out, if i wasnt freaking out, i would have found it enjoyable...because it seemed like i was stuck in a loop xDD. it was kind of funny.

but when we got back i looked in the mirror and i dont know if it was because i was tripping, but it looked like my pupils were dilating and constricting alternately really fast. anway, it seemed like nothing i could do would make me feel better. so over time i just started accepting things. i was thinking like, "okay, i'm freaking out, this is going to end soon, i'm not going to be like this the rest of my life. i know i will never go back to having a good trip." also, i was hallucinating like a motherfucker at this part and at first it was freaking me out even more but than i just accepted those hallucinations and found myself as calmed down, but still wanting to be sober.

so here's the questions.

were they actually shrooms?
was it because of his roommate coming back all pissed off that caused the bad trip or could it have been the weed?
when you go into a bad trip, are you permanently stuck in a bad trip or can you go back to a good trip where you don't want it to end again?
could the shrooms have been kicking in a whole lot more and thats why i was freaking out?
or was it because i was coming down that i was freaking out?

Last edited:
were they actually shrooms?

No one can say for sure, but yes it sounds like it.

was it because of his roommate coming back all pissed off that caused the bad trip or could it have been the weed?

It could have been either or both.

when you go into a bad trip, are you permanently stuck in a bad trip or can you go back to a good trip where you don't want it to end again?

Sure you can. Next time trip with an experienced tripper and he can guide you.

I think during a bad trip it is common to find that you arent seeing all the visual stimulus of the psychedelic but instead find yourself in your head. I've had a pretty negative experience once on mushrooms but that same trip became one of my most euphoric and spiritual as I began to come down.

Bad trips serve as learning experiences.

I would say they were definately shrooms, how else would you of experienced psychoactive effects from them? I think weed can make people freak out on shrooms if they are inexperienced with weed and especially if inexperieced with shrooms aswell. Of all the frequent smokers I know, however, weed seems to serve as a sort of comfort blanket as its something they know and feel comfortable with.
People being pissy and aggressive definately can change the direction a trip is going in, it is important to remember it is them with the problem and try not to dwell on it.
Shrooms are fucking weird shit aren't they? If you have access to acid it is worth a go, I have found it to be a smoother ride :).

fyi drug mentor, i smoke weed daily and have been for two years now.

so maybe, if it was the weed, i wasn't used to how the weed was making me feel while tripping or something.

Shrooms are fucking weird shit aren't they? If you have access to acid it is worth a go, I have found it to be a smoother ride :).

Shrooms are more of a rare treat to me, acid is pretty easy to get, shrooms just come through every now and then and most of the time they are pretty damn expensive compared to the acid....

But that being said, acid is my favorite psych i have tried, MDMA in a rave environment is a close second. I recently did mushrooms at a rave, about 2 grams of liberty caps in the chocolate. Shrooms at a rave is not something i regret, but i don't think i will do it again. I'm not sure what i enjoy more on psychs, complete sensory overload or sensory deprivation.... Candyflipping for the next one...

I have never had a bad trip on anything, i told myself i wouldn't touch salvia again after an incident that included me stepping into a camp fire bare foot... while in my head my death and judgment were being televised to the world... I accepted death, with very little apprehension. I cont worry about death, i accept it as an eventuality we all must face. You can try and run away from it but it will catch up to you eventually. I found out with salvia that if i know and believe i have died, i can accept it without fear....

Dorms are great places to have drunken no-pants parties with tight-bottomed lasses running about, but honestly they are pretty crappy places to trip. ;)

yeah...i'm thinking of taking maybe a lower dose of these shrooms again and if i'm not getting desirable effects slowly eat more.....thats what my roommates friend was doing and he was tripping fucking balls. he was more fucked up than we were.....like we were all cracking up, but he was going crazy xD so it obviously worked.

so was it a bad trip or was my trip just intensifying even more?

i want to try psychs again because i don't want one bad trip to turn me off them, believe me....it was beautiful for the good part. and what's weird is.....it kind of felt like i was on ecstasy, i've done it many times. when i was having my good trip, i was smiling non-stop...it was like it was stuck on my face. haha, and not was i just in a good mood, i also had like no anxiety. normally, i wouldn't walk around in public dancing like an idiot with headphones on but when i was listening to my ipod walking around the school, even when someone walked by me, i would just keep dancing and smiling.

But that being said, acid is my favorite psych i have tried, MDMA in a rave environment is a close second. I recently did mushrooms at a rave, about 2 grams of liberty caps in the chocolate. Shrooms at a rave is not something i regret, but i don't think i will do it again. I'm not sure what i enjoy more on psychs, complete sensory overload or sensory deprivation.... Candyflipping for the next one...

with what i just said, i couldn't agree more about the whole rave thing. it somewhat can compare to X, i somewhat felt a little more stimulated than with X.....but i find X better for some reason.....i guess it's just because they're good in their own ways. and speaking of candyflipping, i wasn't thinking of doing that, but more of hippie flipping.

but what do you suggest i do first....take the X than the shrooms? because i find that whenever i come up on X, i somewhat freak out and really irritable and pissed off but than i go to being nice and happy and rolling. So i'm thinking that if i were tripping, i would freak out more than i did with just the shrooms and i would be less fearful when taking the shrooms.

also, how much more smooth is acid and why?
and i would think that acid would be more likely to cause a bad trip...unless it puts you in the same ore even better mood as the shrooms did. also, i would think it would cause a bad trip because wouldn't the hallucinations be more disturbing and intense?

OP, your major failing in all of this, is, you tripped in the dormitories. Major, no no. Set and setting are the number one key in psych use.

Dorms are confined, unpredictable, and full of authority figures. All three of these things, are things you want to avoid while on a psych. Especially, being confined. You want to be able to roam freely as you want.

My advice, wait until you're a little older, and have a place to yourself. GL

yeah...i'm thinking of taking maybe a lower dose of these shrooms again and if i'm not getting desirable effects slowly eat more.....thats what my roommates friend was doing and he was tripping fucking balls. he was more fucked up than we were.....like we were all cracking up, but he was going crazy xD so it obviously worked.

so was it a bad trip or was my trip just intensifying even more?

i want to try psychs again because i don't want one bad trip to turn me off them, believe me....it was beautiful for the good part. and what's weird is.....it kind of felt like i was on ecstasy, i've done it many times. when i was having my good trip, i was smiling non-stop...it was like it was stuck on my face. haha, and not was i just in a good mood, i also had like no anxiety. normally, i wouldn't walk around in public dancing like an idiot with headphones on but when i was listening to my ipod walking around the school, even when someone walked by me, i would just keep dancing and smiling.

with what i just said, i couldn't agree more about the whole rave thing. it somewhat can compare to X, i somewhat felt a little more stimulated than with X.....but i find X better for some reason.....i guess it's just because they're good in their own ways. and speaking of candyflipping, i wasn't thinking of doing that, but more of hippie flipping.

but what do you suggest i do first....take the X than the shrooms? because i find that whenever i come up on X, i somewhat freak out and really irritable and pissed off but than i go to being nice and happy and rolling. So i'm thinking that if i were tripping, i would freak out more than i did with just the shrooms and i would be less fearful when taking the shrooms.

also, how much more smooth is acid and why?
and i would think that acid would be more likely to cause a bad trip...unless it puts you in the same ore even better mood as the shrooms did. also, i would think it would cause a bad trip because wouldn't the hallucinations be more disturbing and intense?

You're thinking about all this too much.
1. Be out in the countryside, in a nice, secluded, outdoor spot in summer.
2. Take things as they come.
3. Don't think about bad trips.
4. Have fun.

Simplicity is much more favorable than over-analysing everything.

I sort of had this on Thai's once, had a joint just as an ace trip was winding down and then got thrown into a horrible mind trip where it felt as through my limbs had huge shards of heavy metal pushing through them.. very odd and freaky, lasted for ages as well

I don't like smoking weed on trips. It often makes the trip more confusing, especially sativa.
Especially if you're inexperienced with psychedelics, it may get too overwhelming. Next time try the shrooms without weed.