Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

eat half the eighth
wait a 45 minutes
eat the other half

wait a 45 more minutes
if your head isnt off the ground
eat another half eighth

Blkstar <3 Welcome to Bluelight and PD!

Seems that some fellow bluelighters have given some good advice. I find that eating an 1/8 is even a bit excessive for me (but I dont care much for mushrooms, I prefer LSD). Given your weight and height, I would say that an 1/8th would be a good starting place for you. If its too little, dose higher next time :) enjoy! <3

I am going to merge this post into the Big & Dandy Mushrooms Thread. In the future Blkstar I would suggest searching for a thread that pertains to the question you want to ask :) The question has probably already been answered before (srsly... you'd be surprised <3) Again welcome to Psychedelic Drugs, we are glad to have your input here <3

Shroom Info

Hello, I've never taken a psychedelic before, but I may be taking shrooms in the near future. I only smoke weed, and roll every now and then. My question is what does the psychedelic experience from shrooms feel like when it starts to come on, and how does it progress/change as they kick in?

If I were to explain this for E, I would say I begin to notice that music begins to sound better, and I begin to feel a slightly elevated mood. Eventually, the effects increase and I can tell that I'm full-on rolling.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

For me, the first 2 hours feel drowsy, almost sedated. Then it really kicks in and sedation changes to stimulation, as the hallucinogenic effects come to play. After the peak everything seems funny and you may laugh at the most stupid things, also you will make realizations larger than life. At the comedown you'll get tired but not sleepy. All in all very smooth and a fun ride.

Your experience on the come up of shrooms will largely depend on your dose. I find that the first hour is filled with anxiousness but drowsiness like dread said, but then I usually become nauseous and vomit a few times, then the trip starts and it is an earthy trip, darker than LSD, more subtle at lower doses, and can produce extreme hallucinations at higher doses.

DaftPunkFan, please try to use the "MEGA THREADS" when posting general questions like this one... here is a link to the "Big and Dandy Mushroom thread."

Im going to let this thread ride for a day or 2 before merging it or closing it depending on the responses you receive. Alrighty? <3 love and light! enjoy those boomers!

^^Good idea. The mega threads can be intimidating, especially when you just want to ask a question.

Mushrooms are very difficult to describe. There are two distinct sensations, the body and the head high. I start to feel both about 20 minutes after injestion. The effects come in waves, usually with one or two waves before the biggest peak, then a few more waves on the way down. After about three or four hours the trip levels off. Usually I feel kinda high and dazed until I sleep. I'd say the total trip probably lasts six to eight hours. Shroom trips are often emotional, and sometimes frightening. Just try to relax and go with the trip. If you try to fight it, it will only make things worse. When enjoyed in a healthy mindset and a comfortable setting they are probably one of my favorites.

I ate Mushrooms last night and it is a very odd trip. My body felt much different while tripping on magik mushrooms. the coming up was good for me no sickness just a really hard body buzz.Boomers are a much different trip than acid.There pretty fun and safe, enjoy.

For me, the first 2 hours feel drowsy, almost sedated. Then it really kicks in and sedation changes to stimulation, as the hallucinogenic effects come to play. After the peak everything seems funny and you may laugh at the most stupid things, also you will make realizations larger than life. At the comedown you'll get tired but not sleepy. All in all very smooth and a fun ride.

Ok thanks, good to know. I definitely hope everything feels really funny, that sounds like so much fun. I don't think I'll mind the drowsy/sleepy effects, that sounds like it might even help relax or calm me down :D

I remember one time we took shrooms, and we had this small toy alligator made from felt. It was so funny looking on shrooms we couldn't stop laughing at it, we played with it for hours and laughed so much my stomach hurts just thinking about it... I couldn't say what it was about it that was so funny, it just was. That's shrooms for you.

I remember one time we took shrooms, and we had this small toy alligator made from felt. It was so funny looking on shrooms we couldn't stop laughing at it, we played with it for hours and laughed so much my stomach hurts just thinking about it... I couldn't say what it was about it that was so funny, it just was. That's shrooms for you.

Haha sweet, that is exactly what I hope happens to me. I definitely just want to go into the trip with a good attitude and hope that I laugh most of the time.

Or you could be like me and become deadly serious and philosophical with no will (or ability) to laugh. Be prepared for all possibilities.

Or you could be like me and become deadly serious and philosophical with no will (or ability) to laugh. Be prepared for all possibilities.

Im the same exact way. Mushrooms are a very serious drug to me and usually way more spiritual than recreational. I find LSD and mescaline more recreational.

Basically, the come up varies for me. I either feel a very ecstasy like feeling where I just feel that everything is meant to be and of great importance or I get a really anxious and fearful feeling.

Once you start trip everything seems to look cartoonish, I find Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly to look exactly like a mushroom trip. You'll see shit morph and melt and you'll probably see eyes all over the place. When you close your eyes you'll be put into a trance with amazing visuals where you pretty much forget that you are alive. All of your friends and your life in general will seem like faint memories. If you listened to music before you tripped you'll probably think you're hearing the songs even when you are not. When you are listening to music it will basically go with the trip and sound completely unfamiliar. Expect minutes to seem like hours, especially when you are in one of those trances. I feel mushrooms alter time more than anything besides DMT and maybe salvia. Also, i know some people dont believe they really happen, but time-loops do occur and they are fucking weird. I also feel connected to people that have taken mushrooms in the past like native americans and such, its a really weird feeling and completely impossible to explain.

Bad trips suck though, and I really have no advice. People always say just to let go and to go with the flow, but when you're having a real bad trip thats just fucking impossible. If anyone has seen Requiem For a Dream, Im guessing my mind has associated that song during the ECT, jail, and double-dildo seen to bad drug experiences because whenever i have a bad trip that just plays non stop. The feeling of fear you get though, is just not comparable to any feeling you've ever felt before. Its stronger than any euphoria (ecstasy, heroin, anything) ive ever felt.

Preparation wise though, hope for the best but expect the worst.

EDIT: Mushrooms taste like unsalty sunflower seeds, i hate sunflower seeds so usually i have a hard time eating them alone but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches completely mask the taste and texture.

It's almost completely based on dosage and environment. My friend freaked out on halloween and he only ate a half 8th. I've been fine doing up to 4 grams as long as I'm in a chill place and know that nothing can really go wrong.

Basically, the come up varies for me. I either feel a very ecstasy like feeling where I just feel that everything is meant to be and of great importance or I get a really anxious and fearful feeling.

Bad trips suck though, and I really have no advice. People always say just to let go and to go with the flow, but when you're having a real bad trip thats just fucking impossible. If anyone has seen Requiem For a Dream, Im guessing my mind has associated that song during the ECT, jail, and double-dildo seen to bad drug experiences because whenever i have a bad trip that just plays non stop. The feeling of fear you get though, is just not comparable to any feeling you've ever felt before. Its stronger than any euphoria (ecstasy, heroin, anything) ive ever felt.

Preparation wise though, hope for the best but expect the worst.

Yeah that's the only thing that scares me, just knowing that I could experience a very terrifying experience is pretty scary, but I guess I just need to accept that.

Do you think there is a better chance of not having a bad trip if I take a pretty low dose, like starting with a G or so? Or can bad trips always happen just as much as amazing trips?

Ive done mushies twice, but the second dose was not that much. Anyway this is what happened my first time:

Ok so we boiled up a pot of water and made some tea, we minched and mashed the mushrooms etc while they were boilihng for about 20 minutes atleast.

We got about 300-400ml of just tea, and just did a few shots(in larger than normal shotglasses) mixed with instant juice powder(lime lol).

Anyway within 5 minutes i started seeing swirling shit, like when i looked down at the concrete walkway outside my mates house the pieces of shell and other inpurities in the concrete all 'made sense' and made a pattern and were spinning in like a whirlpool. I looked at the grass and it was 'dancing' like in rows, it was amazing really(and this is just the first 5-10 minutes after ingesting the tea).

We then went to a mall(a sober driver ofcourse) and that was crazy, people had like 10 eyes and 2 heads and all sorts of crazy stuff.. people constantly looked like they were sort of.. dieing? I dont know, its like they were sort of flickering with reality and an xray version ofthem self? It was really wierd, and it just kept on repeating you know like, there cheeks would start sagging and going grey and there eyes would be going back to normal and so on and it was just constant chain.

Anyways after that we went back and trees looked nutters, like this palm tree kept spawning more palm leaves just from under where the current ones were, like 1 would disappear then another one would just shoot out and so on.

Generally it was really good, if theres one thing i noticed about mushies its that you are REALLY clear headed, atleast i was anyways.. it felt like i was just normal but that i just really found it hard to say what i mean.. like i constnatly felt like a word just had to shoot out my mouth but i couldnt figure out what.

Really wierd feeling.. general 'breathing out' sort of buzz if that makes sense? I dunno, anyway its really good and i recommend it.

Oh yeah and i find that your environment changes the buzz imensly.. like i was outside you know get back from mall and then when i walk inside its like whoa.. its like you just stepped into another dimension sort of feeling.. so yeah definitly 'explore' when on mushies, dont just stay in one place if you want a real experience.