View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

SmokingFrog84

Bluelighter
Hehe, so most people just prefer caps by default, but are the caps REALLY more potent than the stems, or is this just a silly myth, possibly perpetuated by the morally upstanding FOOD-mushroom producing community....

...Rather than actually research this myself, i'll let some of you all do that for me and then post some bullshit up in here. HAVE AT IT!!

I have never read any concrete evidence to suggest caps being more potent. Its probably just people thinking the grass is greener on the other side since caps make up less weight then stems.

The caps apparently have a greater percentage of psilocin than the stems. They're equipotent though, since stems have more psilocybin than caps. It must be something to do with the enzymatic processes in the mushroom and where exactly those processes take place.

Do you have a source for this information? Not trying to call you out, just very interested.

The caps and stems are equipotent, I have never heard that there is more pislocin inthe caps than the stems. But Samadis logic seems to ake sense though.

The only thing i have heard about caps being more potent is the fact that the spores are in there, but i think that may just be hear say and stuff.

^spores are worth nothing for someone whos looking to trip. They have no psilocybin in them. They're only worth something if you intend to grow your own mushrooms

The stems are usually the body High and the caps the visuals. Ive confirmed it taking an 8th of caps and felt no body high, it was weird

I don't know if you can just come out and say that "stems produce the body high and caps the visuals."
but i guess if you've "confirmed" it by taking an 8th of caps, and not following up with an 8th of stems of the same strain. (sarcasm is bad to use on the internet, I know)

How many grams to dose for 1st Timer Shrooms?

I'm thinking of trying Shrooms, but don't know what is a good amount to start off with as a first timer.

A bit of background information regarding myself; I smoke Marijuana almost everyday for the past 6-8 months. Give or a take a few. The only Psychedelic Experience that I've encountered was LSD, and that was amazing!

Before I experienced LSD, I had a very weak mindset, easily disturbed and scared. I never thought that I would be able to handle Shrooms, but with the amount of trip reports and research I've been doing for the past month, I think I am finally ready to join my friends on this voyage.

A couple months ago, four of my friends decided to take Shrooms, most of them eating about roughly 1.7 - 2.3 grams at the most. The person taking 2.3g pretty much lost touch with reality, and was just a floating 'consciousness' and couldn't remember the trip till' after about a week. The people that ate around 1.7 - 2.0, somewhat had it all there, and didn't "lose it all."

I've heard of the saying "you no longer exist to experience fear." While it is nice to temporarily eliminate the emotion "fear," I would very well like to make my 1st Shroom experience "memorable" as well.

With this being said, might I ask what is a good amount to eat for a 1st timer?

Thanks, Louir

Last edited by a moderator:
1/16th an ounce if they are potent shrooms

1/8th an ounce if they are sub-potent

cloudy is right 3.5 should suffice i feel as though you need at least an 8th to get a decent expirence

I feel like lower doses provide more anxiety

Yeah, I notice a lot of people, especially experienced Shroomers in general, also recommend 3.5 for first timer to get the "full on experience."

Might I ask how much experience you have with Shrooms? What's the most you've taken, etc? Bad trip good trip?

1 GRAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm 1 GRAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm Eat more as required lol.

trrrrust me.

I am an experienced tripper, and if you eat like 3 grams, if they are good, you are fucked!!!

Just eat them throuought the night. Buy an eighth

dont listen to these other guys. I used to grow shrooms, and I gave them to all my friends. Ive seen them crying from eating too much. Its not fun. Just remember that shrooms take atleast an hour to kick in. By the end of the night youll be happy. Just don't rush it man.

Respect the shroom.

Last edited:
Like i always say:

I've seen a VERY experienced LSD user absolutely flip out on 3.5gs of shrooms..

Be careful.

I would suggest maybe 2.5gs, then redose if you feel the need.

i think 2-2.5 grams would be ideal.

sometimes 1/16 is too weak and 1/8 is too strong.
2.5... just perfect.

I'm actually quite interested in trying shrooms as well and I have only smoked weed. Any suggestions?