• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy "Basic" Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread

I'd have to recommend 2.5 grams as well. 90% of shrooms would be fine at 3.5 for a first time, but if they are cyans or something else quite potent, 3.5 will put you in another world...

My first time was a blast on 3.5. My friend's first time on ~3 had his vision swirling beyond any recognition, an intensity he supposedly surpassed only with a later 7g (!) venture to psychedelic-land. Just goes to show how inconsistent these things are.

I'll agree with Delsyd and say 2-2.5 just to be on the safe side. Unless you're going to be eating more of this super-fungus that had your friend losing touch with reality on 2.3 grams. In that case, do less :D .

fuckk... its weird to see how alot of people are saying 2.5 and 3grams.. and i notice a few people say its less depressing then if you took just a gram.. i dont really like shrooms because they make me feel downn and look at things in an ugly way.. the last handful of times ive done shrooms ive eaten only around 1 to 1.5 grams.. so all im askin would 2.5 get rid of that weird state of mind where im just there dwelling on bad things??

2 grams provided me with a disappointing experience...

if i could go back and take those same mushrooms i would have eaten 3.5....

but they vary in potency, 3.5 of one mushroom could just me a mild experience, but 3.5 of another could have you tripping hard....

if you think you can handle a completly overwhelming experience and walk out of it fine i would just say eat 3.5 and let whatever happens happen....

Ok don't be stupid everyone p.cubensis can produce powerful mushrooms, ok most likely the kid has normal medium low potentcy mushrooms however if he gets some powerful strain like puerto rican or lipy yais and there dried good and grown good then 3.5g is enough to send a newbie over the edge. Everyone used to getting shitty mushrooms on the street are used to having to eat an 1/8 but with good mushrooms and yes cubensis 1.5-2g can be enough for full effects!!! Ask anyone who grows mushrooms and you'll see!!! and not using cakes for fruiting either!!!

so all im askin would 2.5 get rid of that weird state of mind where im just there dwelling on bad things??

Uhhh., if you found 1-1.5 to be depressing or whatever, I would really not recommend eating more in an attempt to have a good experience. "Less of this drug makes me feel like crap, maybe taking more of it will make me feel amazing." Seems like a counterintuitive notion, no? I mean dosing higher may well give you a better experience, but it may also give you a hell worse than what you've gone through before. Peoples' experiences differ of course.

And I don't see how someone could reasonably think they could "handle a completely overwhelming experience and walk out of it fine." If it's a completely overwhelming psychedelic experience, none of your preconceptions about your ability to handle it are going to be worth a damn anyway. I don't know, it just seems like dangerous advice to me. If the first time is underwhelming for you, there's always time for another mushroom trip down the road...

fuckk... its weird to see how alot of people are saying 2.5 and 3grams.. and i notice a few people say its less depressing then if you took just a gram.. i dont really like shrooms because they make me feel downn and look at things in an ugly way.. the last handful of times ive done shrooms ive eaten only around 1 to 1.5 grams.. so all im askin would 2.5 get rid of that weird state of mind where im just there dwelling on bad things??

First time I did shrooms was about a 1/16 and was just light happiness and slight dissociation which I think was perfect.

You can still be in that weird state of mind on an eighth, its just waaay worse and more intense.

The Big and Dandy Basic Psilocybin Mushrooms Questions Thread (Revived!)

Hey all, I went looking for the current version of this thread (different from the main mushrooms thread - this one is for basic, recurring questions such as the proper dose for a first time, etc, that keep clogging up the main thread, which is more for discussion of mushrooms that can't be quickly and easily answered). I could not find it, however... looks like it no longer exists. So here it is again.

Mushrooms have the power to take you to a very strange, alien dream world.

Can be scary.

Can be lovely jubbly.

twitching on mushiesq

I had some blue meanies this morning, and have had spasms in my arms for a little bit, like mini clenches i spose. What is this..?

This is pretty common while tripping and afterwords. I'm not sure exactly why they happen, but it will go away after you sleep I'm sure.

Mushrooms in Chocolate?

I have a couple of questions. Are as follows:

1) My friend has just received Mushrooms from Northern California. It is supposed to be 4g's. The odd thing was when We hung out and I was shown the mushrooms, they were in a block of chocolate. Has anyone ever had this? I was thinking they were in the chocolate for a couple reasons

A) Taste
B) MAOI increase from chocolate, Not sure if this is a myth or not about it increasing the Mushroom trip
C) Hide Smell from Dogs or make it not look like Mushrooms but a chocolate bar?
D) Make it hard to Weigh Mushrooms... So we got jipped.

The Block is probably about the size of half a WII remote. (Didn't measure it or anything... sorry 8))

2) When On mushrooms I tend to get Nauseas. I know this is common and I don't mind it. I'm just wondering that if I vomit will I lose trip intensity? Last time I tripped it was on my mind the whole time to try and not puke. Once again tho, I don't mind puking, If I puke than I know i shouldn't have to anymore but i don't want to lose Intensity of a trip. Its sort of a game between me and the shrooms. :)

:\

I've heard oif people making mushroom chocolastes before - I assumed they were americans ( dunno why) or what relevance this post has...ah yeah it's like gourmet drug taking I think.

Yeah, I have encountered this many times. Usually I don't buy them because it's just to easy to be ripped off, but there have been a few times where some chocolates have kicked my ass.

A) Taste
B) MAOI increase from chocolate, Not sure if this is a myth or not about it increasing the Mushroom trip
C) Hide Smell from Dogs or make it not look like Mushrooms but a chocolate bar?
D) Make it hard to Weigh Mushrooms... So we got jipped.

all of the above (sans B)

ive also come across this a few times, I prefer buying mushrooms minus the chocolate because I like comparing how different shrooms look ive taken.

Shroom Advice

I've managed to acquire 2 grams of some apparently uber strong shrooms that apparently gonna make me trip for 9 hours according to my source.

I've never taken shrooms before although I've taken LSD. I'm a little frightened of the shrooms cos my one buddy actually tripped out badly and ended up jumping out a window paralyzing himself. I guess thats kind of the horror story cliche with the psychedelics but it happened. I'm interested in psilocybin as I have OCD and hear that it can be of some benefit,also I'm curious and want to have some fun naturally.

My questions are:

1) Is it OK to take em by myself? I only have a dose for me and im kinda looking forward to some introspection. I can get a buddy to sit I guess but I kinda wanna not be distracted.

2) Would it be best to stay at home and hit it or go hiking in the wilderness? Being in nature has a naturally soothing effect on me,although I live in SA and I may freak out about being mugged.

3) They came in a plastic baggy. How long can they be stored like this and how? ie should i put them in a more suitable container etc if I wish to postpone the experience and for how long will they last?

4) My source said I should eat em first thing on waking with some yoghurt as the probiotics will enhance it or someshit. Is he speaking bull?

5) Can I take some alprazolam before to negate the possibility of an anxiety attack?

Anything else pertinent to minimizing any negatives will be greatly appreciated.

1) Trip either alone (if you can handle it) or with somebody. Having a sober person with me if I'm tripping on anything makes me kind of sketched out. There's this awkward disconnect that makes it feel like you're hanging out with a total stranger or something...

2) Whatever feels right. I kind of have a "no plans, just go with the flow" attitude about tripping. Nature is definitely awesome, though.

3) They're not fragile to store like acid is. A plastic bag in a room-temperature environment should be fine.

4) Probably. They taste like ass, which is why I usually eat them with chocolate (chocolate seems to counteract this)

5) Have it on hand if necessary, but don't take it if you don't need to. It'll diminish the effects. Just keep some handy should you freak out.