• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone as an antidepressant need help plz !

There must be a large psychological element because I got nothing. I just stopped. But the fact it caused so much anxiety might suggest that my body wasn't N-dealkylating it very well.
Same here. I tapered off until I was about 2mg then I stopped. I didn't miss it until I was put on it again for meth and depression. The first time was for heroin. 🤔

You'd probably start to get some mild withdrawal effects after 3 weeks. But its different for everybody. And for return users, its happens faster. So you might have leeway that us longtime users don't have anymore. Don't forget its a very long half life so withdrawal may not be fully felt for up to a week after you stop.

Edit: Or are you asking how long w/d will last? Well, it depends how long you've been using, and how much. Perhaps a week after the effects start, you'll be past the hardest part. But the effects will linger for a while.
But if i look up withdrawal time line it says there first 72 hours are worst i don't get it ? Are you sure wd shows up that late ? Diazepam also has a long half life but wd definitely can start after 24 hours .

You'd probably start to get some mild withdrawal effects after 3 weeks. But its different for everybody. And for return users, its happens faster. So you might have leeway that us longtime users don't have anymore. Don't forget its a very long half life so withdrawal may not be fully felt for up to a week after you stop.

Edit: Or are you asking how long w/d will last? Well, it depends how long you've been using, and how much. Perhaps a week after the effects start, you'll be past the hardest part. But the effects will linger for a while.
Withdrawal after 3 weeks doesnt seem logical , after 5/8 days its out of your system . Maybe psychological withdrawal though thats very possible . But not physical .

But if i look up withdrawal time line it says there first 72 hours are worst i don't get it ? Are you sure wd shows up that late ? Diazepam also has a long half life but wd definitely can start after 24 hours .

Diazepam has multiple active metabolites, the T1/2 of which can vary from person to person.

But with subs it doesn't feel like i have used something . Its not that long that i fully understand that opioides have a superb antidepressant effect hence why heroïne is so extremely addictive . I kinda beginning to understand why heroïne is ranked n1 duo to personal issues . I do read however before the lobotomy era they succesfully treated severe suicidal depression with opioides on a humane way . After that they did lobotomy's , i was baffled like what the fuck ? I do feel however suboxone and kratom are the only 2 that can be used this way , because of suboxone ceiling effect you won't ever get an out of hand addiction in my opinion . I can't get my hands on full opioide agonist but i am glad i can't because i would instantly be hooked . I suffer from personality disorders and depression from the age of 12 (33 now) . I have used the conventional way of treating depression with fda approved meds like ssri's which in turn chemically castrated me for years after quitting the med. I stumbled on suboxone because i know that 1 dude that has it (no one has suboxone) it treated my severe ghb addiction and stim usage . Also forget about therapy or anything because its horrible here and utterly useless . Sorry kinda venting here , thx for your post .
I hear you.
Although I've been on subs this long, haven't touched heroin since around 2019-2020. And I can still say that I think about heroin EVERY day to this very day. I still crave it. I still have a passion for it. I have a passion for all opioids. And I wish there was something I could do to help society make the change into letting people be more free to medicate themselves with drugs that may or may not be okay for other people.

I was king of the world on heroin. And not necessarily in an overt narcisstic or selfish way, but in a morally responsible way (which I find insanely ironic). Heroin made me want to do things like focus on my health, focus on my body, my physique, my work labor, making phone calls,, getting shit done & of course enjoying my other passions. It made me a more functional person. It gave me the energy & confidence to get shit done without intoxicating me to a level where I felt dysfunctional (unless I was purposely aiming for a nod or something). Made me able to be the person I really wanted to be anyway but can't due to mental health issues.

I don't think heroin is for everyone & i'm sure there are always going to be people who take shit overboard. But I would have a much happier & pain free life if I could just use heroin a couple of times a day. I wouldn't need antidepressants, benzos, antipsychotics, none of this garbage. And it's a sad reality knowing that.

Withdrawal after 3 weeks doesnt seem logical , after 5/8 days its out of your system . Maybe psychological withdrawal though thats very possible . But not physical .
No I meant I thats how long you'd have to take it to start getting withdrawal, as an estimate. I said 1 week for how long withdrawal would last. its right there on the last line.

No, again I never meant withdrawal will last 3 weeks. Sorry that was part my fault for misreading your question the first time, but I did edit it to clarify before you responded. But look dude its hard to put this stuff down on paper when there's so many variables. How much do you take? How often do you take it? When did you start taking it? Do you or have you ever used other opioids? What is your metabolism like?

First time I tried to go cold turkey it didn't really hit me until the 6th day. But that was early on. And I haven't tried cold turkey since then. 72 hours being the worst? After taking your last dose? That sounds more like heroin. Missing a day, or even two days, isn't a huge deal with suboxone (usually - it varies). I mean the half life CAN be up to 70 hours (Up to, it varies). So the worst of it is over, before its even out of your system? For heavy users? Yeah I wish that was true.

No, again I never meant withdrawal will last 3 weeks. Sorry that was part my fault for misreading your question the first time, but I did edit it to clarify before you responded. But look dude its hard to put this stuff down on paper when there's so many variables. How much do you take? How often do you take it? When did you start taking it? Do you or have you ever used other opioids? What is your metabolism like?

First time I tried to go cold turkey it didn't really hit me until the 6th day. But that was early on. And I haven't tried cold turkey since then. 72 hours being the worst? After taking your last dose? That sounds more like heroin. Missing a day, or even two days, isn't a huge deal with suboxone (usually - it varies). I mean the half life CAN be up to 70 hours (Up to, it varies). So the worst of it is over, before its even out of your system? For heavy users? Yeah I wish that was true.
Honestly when i did quit some time ago i did have insomnia and resless legs on day 5 or so . But only minor , no sickness . Why does every source say withdrawal can start after 24 hours and peaks at 72 hours with muscle aches and being sick ? This sucks because now i can't tell if i am addicted i probally am alrdy at least psychological because depression hits second week i do read . I am fucked i think .

I am not on opioide dependancy maintenance doses . Highest recreational dose i go is like 1mg or 1.5mg, but most days i do like between 0.20/0.50 per 24 hours one time . I do snort it however which has higher bioavaliability so i actually take more if i would take it sublingual .

I think you are pretty correct about the withdrawal aspect . Cause i noticed it myself starting from day 5 (resless legs,low mood, fatigue,insomnia) but nothing horrible or anything. But i do feel however i am scared i am addicted alrdy to it because of its anti depressant effects . And the psychological rebound can last alot longer .

Why does every source say withdrawal can start after 24 hours and peaks at 72 hours with muscle aches and being sick ?
Who knows, I'm thinking they either copy and pasted the heroin withdrawal timeline or it all goes back to some ancient source.

This sucks because now i can't tell if i am addicted i probally am alrdy at least psychological because depression hits second week i do read . I am fucked i think .
It'd be easy to get out now. Cold Turkey should be okay since you're a new user. Maybe talk to a doctor and get on a normal anti-depressant. I mean none of them are going to make you feel as good as suboxone does, since really you're just high. But I mean, they will be way easier stop in the future. Could prevent a lot of pain. Maybe you've already tried SSRIs? But have you tried Buproprion? There's a lot of avenues to try before resigning yourself to a life of opioid use.

But I mean, look where I am I have no right to tell you what to do. I rely on 16mg of bupe and 4-8mg of alprazolam just to get through the day right now.

Who knows, I'm thinking they either copy and pasted the heroin withdrawal timeline or it all goes back to some ancient source.

It'd be easy to get out now. Cold Turkey should be okay since you're a new user. Maybe talk to a doctor and get on a normal anti-depressant. I mean none of them are going to make you feel as good as suboxone does, since really you're just high. But I mean, they will be way easier stop in the future. Could prevent a lot of pain. Maybe you've already tried SSRIs? But have you tried Buproprion? There's a lot of avenues to try before resigning yourself to a life of opioid use.

But I mean, look where I am I have no right to tell you what to do. I rely on 16mg of bupe and 4-8mg of alprazolam just to get through the day right now.
I have tried ssri with horrible outcome . I also tried wellbutrin as you stated . I also have dexamphetamine (add) but mostly sell them cause i don't like taking stimulants (worsens depression) . I am on mirtazapine for over 8 years now but have no clue what its doing atm .
But i need to taper that one . I think your right about sources copying heroïne/opioide wd in general . I appreciate your advice man 👍 i get the suboxone thrue someone i know and i only know 1 person that has it . Yesterday i took a little more and had quite a nice nodd . I also take it nasal route which probally makes it more addictive . I feel its way more addicitve then kratom is if i am being rlly honest .

I think wd starts after 3/5 days Mark with suboxone .

I can say all i want but atm i am still abusing it . I think i should go Cold Turkey if i only have like 1 tablet left . So i can safe that an take very tiny amounts as soon wd hits . I read suboxone can even be active in 0.05 dosis so it should be able to taper more comfortable duo to its long half life and strong receptor attachment .

But if my depression turns ten fold on me i might as well never quit honestly . I am alrdy on that point . You can forget the conventional loop hole here.

People on buprenorphine would do well to read about thienorphine:

The references on this Wiki page are a good place to begin.

It protected rats from morphine overdose for 15 days (for bup it's 2 days). I have found one (1) animal study that showed that it blocked even etorphine and the translation for The design of a human trial but I don't know if it's taken place. People were given 0.2mg, 0.5mg or a placebo daily for 12 weeks and it was all aimed at relapse prevention.

It's my opinion that unlike buprenorphine, the N-dealkylation (to nor thienorphine) would result in an active agonist, The higher LogP and higher affinity would mean it would be a full agonist.

The human study does mention euphoria and so like buprenorphine, they evidently think that SOME people might actually enjoy it. I'm almost sure that is why it is given daily in spite of weekly looking possible.

If anyone knows more, I would love to hear,