• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone as an antidepressant need help plz !

I actually had read about auvelity and was interested . However i alrdy tried wellbutrin in highest doses but never noticed anything from it (300mg) and yeah those ketamine rules are absurd and so bs strict . Blood pressure needs to be ensured etc and in a hospitol setting .

The reason K is used despite its psychoactive properties is that it doesn't require vital sign monitoring even in anesthetic dosages. It's ridiculous. But in Switzerland its the same, only K when you're hooked up to monitoring and in the clinic. At least insurance pays for.

I got mostly just side effects from bupropion as well. But it's just in the auvelity to potentiate the DXM through enzyme inhibition, read that this buildup of DXM vs the stronger dissociative metabolite DXO should avoid psychoactive effects but in my experience it doesn't. The main ingredient in auvelity is the dextromethorphan.

The reason K is used despite its psychoactive properties is that it doesn't require vital sign monitoring even in anesthetic dosages. It's ridiculous. But in Switzerland its the same, only K when you're hooked up to monitoring and in the clinic. At least insurance pays for.

I got mostly just side effects from bupropion as well. But it's just in the auvelity to potentiate the DXM through enzyme inhibition, read that this buildup of DXM vs the stronger dissociative metabolite DXO should avoid psychoactive effects but in my experience it doesn't. The main ingredient in auvelity is the dextromethorphan.
I know from a documentary that you can't even od on ketamine .. but opioides get hand out like candy🤣 thanks for your info i am gonna look into it .

I know from a documentary that you can't even od on ketamine .. but opioides get hand out like candy🤣 thanks for your info i am gonna look into it .
I’m pretty sure you can overdose on ketamine it’s just much harder and it doesn’t cause the same respiratory issues as other anesthetics.

Not trying to knock your post just don’t want ppl to think that there’s no risk.

K used in moderation is a pretty safe drug especially compared to other drugs but anyone taking a substance should learn what all the risks are and recreational/therapeutic typical doses are before using it.

I think you would pass out so not like you could really do anything if you did overdose. And you would likely live but I could be wrong.

There’s ppl that say that the bladder issues are all a myth but there is a guy in here who posted pics of what overuse of K did to him. It wasn’t pretty. So yeah it’s pretty safe but every drug can be overdosed on and every drug had some sort of risk just done are less risky than others.

That said it is much safer than opiates and maybe even stimulants and yet we can get take home doses of that.

It’s ridiculous the amount of control Uncle Sam has over us.

Last edited:
Of course one can overdose on ketamine, like on any drug. Hell you can overdose on water and die. I just wanted to say that on usual doses of ketamine, no vital sign monitoring is necessary. I was addicted to dissociatives and shot me countless times right into dissociative anesthesia due to a bad habit, eyeballing of doses, and obviously always woke up again.

Of course one can overdose on ketamine, like on any drug. Hell you can overdose on water and die. I just wanted to say that on usual doses of ketamine, no vital sign monitoring is necessary. I was addicted to dissociatives and shot me countless times right into dissociative anesthesia due to a bad habit, eyeballing of doses, and obviously always woke up again.
For sure. Yeah I don’t think viral monitoring is necessary and even when I was going to the K clinic she never monitored my vitals. I never got high from it tho. I’m wondering if that’s because I was on sub maintenance at the time, but she knew I was.

Hi all fellaw bluelighters ,

I struggle from chronic depression since the age of 12 . I came across bupe thrue a friend who said it was a wonder med for his chronic pain without it being recreational or addictive . I have used bupe recreastinal (nasal roa) i liked its recreational effect better then kratom which was the only opioide thingy i tried yet . Since the last year i used suboxone in and out. But what i rlly was interested in was its anti depressant effect . The recreational value vanished quickly but keep noticing anti depressant effect specifically anhedonia . And this what i was on about , there is little scientific backup data for suboxone being anti depressant . I tested it , i was in a severely lethargic anhedonic mood , took good quality kratom (red) still very lethargic/anhedonic. Small amount of subs and bam 20 mins later without intoxication great improvement in anhedonia and also movement anhedonia . I know the policy in giving advice about psychological problems but plz i need advice . The avarage psychologist here is complete utter scam and bs . Could suboxone be worth helping my depression or is it to risky/addictive ? Any advice welcome , thanks for reading my post .
Hi. Yes I was put on Suboxone for the same reason. My depression was getting worse so my doctor put me on it. It helps but now I'm on the injection and I don't like it as much as the films .oh well 😂

Of course one can overdose on ketamine, like on any drug. Hell you can overdose on water and die.
I’m quite confident it’s much easier to OD on water.
Long before reaching acutely dangerous dose of K you would be knocked out.
There’s example where nurse shot a infant with like 10g of K (S isomer is for babies) and baby was fine and dandy. Tho probably learned to levitate soon after or something lol
Destroying your life with K one way or another, well, that ain’t nearly as hard as to OD from it.

Hi. Yes I was put on Suboxone for the same reason. My depression was getting worse so my doctor put me on it. It helps but now I'm on the injection and I don't like it as much as the films .oh well 😂
He prescribed it for depression specifically or you have opioide addiction ?

What i ment was ketamine is far less dangerous to od on . Yes one can also overdose on paracetamol ..

No way, you are not going to find a doc to prescribe it for that off-label, and the people selling it illegally are not going to care when all they have is dope to sell you instead. This is the moment that you say "I wish that I never started...."
You are a hundred times better off paying for a ketamine infusion which should last months. Don't buy that on the black market either, do it in a clinical setting to get the actual benefits.

No way, you are not going to find a doc to prescribe it for that off-label, and the people selling it illegally are not going to care when all they have is dope to sell you instead. This is the moment that you say "I wish that I never started...."
You are a hundred times better off paying for a ketamine infusion which should last months. Don't buy that on the black market either, do it in a clinical setting to get the actual benefits.
So buying ket from my dealer (powder) doesn't work for the same purpose's compared to liquid iv?

No smartguys, it has nothing to do with ODing, it has to do with the dosage and length of time you are hooked up along with the proper therapy to accompany it.
The hubris is so inappropriate.
I could take out your appendix outside the clinic too, but where do you think we'd get the superior result?

Again, uninformed. I had 3 scripts of Xyrem filled for $50 which included overnight shippi g from FedEx. They charge INSURANCE companies that, your insurance company doesn't pay for it, none do, then they immediately get you on the phone with their service department and give it to you for 50 for a frigging half liter.
Don't be so quick to assume, you know what they say. They know we know that we used to cook it up from kits in the kitchen in the 90s for $50.

Yes, $500 for a potentially lifesaving ketamine infusion is fair.

Again this is a little more complicated than just injecting drugs into someone. Do you know what oxygen levels to maintain for optimum hemisphere communication? Sure you have the right gauge needles and bolus to precisely dose the well documented /required amount per hour to not oversaturate? Know how to prep for max absorption?

It's not all big bad pharma wolf, people on this cutting edge are doing this for way more than money.

Join MAPS and then make some informed posts instead of popooing an industry that just fought for patients rights to even get the treatment for what amounts to free after facilities and supplies are involved. Go buy the right stuff to do it properly and show me your receipts, then get the right training, licenses, and permits, and let me know how much you charge so we can use your clinic

Last edited:
So buying ket from my dealer (powder) doesn't work for the same purpose's compared to liquid iv?
If it’s good stuff why wouldn’t it work?

Are you one of those who need shaman to do DMT? If no you don’t need clinical setting for K either. Will K eventually destroy your life isn’t connected to doing it first time via infusion or just classic I.M… Neither is will it help at first. I only snorted K and it was good, really good, too good… And I’ll do it again some day, binge on it for a bit and leave it. Don’t get into trap of using too often and viewing it as safe drug just because MAPS pushes it.

Not sure what you don't understand.
"Work" to get you high is not the same as "work" to treat depression.
The dosage is different. It's usually esketamine, an isomer. It's done at a specific dose as an agonist for specific staying power on specific receptors... Ever wonder why naloxone completey cancels out the antidepressant qualities of ketamine? If you are as smart as a Harvard doctor you would say because it intetacts with opiate receptors.
If you were even smarter, you would say because of secondary effects on nMDA pathways.

I get all of your answers, but please don't think that you can substitute in all cases what you learned from the internet and the "trip reports", and the anecdotes for actual Western medicine.
There are places that will set you up with a psychiatrist and 24 ketamine experiences for about $70 a session. I know that at least half of you spent $140 last month on whatever floats your boat.

Sorry to be shrill on this topic but FFS, please don't give what seems like someone under 25 advice to seek out opiates or start self administering K for therapeutic purposes.

And if it's for recreational purposes then I will keep my opinions to myself and hope you tell me how to get some 🤣
Seriously, zero problem with the experiments, just not for depression in young adults.

If someone checks out the various legal ways to obtain the treatment to do at home that was legalized please PM me and maybe the OP

It might be bad medical advice as they are quite addictive, but there's a reason they are so. They take away your physical and mental anguish. It's no wonder subs helped with depression. That said the addiction factor is no joke and it can turn on you, and it can evolve from a sub habit to a done habit to a dope habit if you're not careful.

If it’s good stuff why wouldn’t it work?

Are you one of those who need shaman to do DMT? If no you don’t need clinical setting for K either. Will K eventually destroy your life isn’t connected to doing it first time via infusion or just classic I.M… Neither is will it help at first. I only snorted K and it was good, really good, too good… And I’ll do it again some day, binge on it for a bit and leave it. Don’t get into trap of using too often and viewing it as safe drug just because MAPS pushes it.
I hear IV ketamine is total different ball game vs snorting it effect wise . I have snorted good quality k multiple times . I noticed some anti depressant effects afterwards but nothing spectaculair .

It might be bad medical advice as they are quite addictive, but there's a reason they are so. They take away your physical and mental anguish. It's no wonder subs helped with depression. That said the addiction factor is no joke and it can turn on you, and it can evolve from a sub habit to a done habit to a dope habit if you're not careful.
I can't get my hands on stronger stuff. Kratom pretty much the only thing you can buy here . I am not sure about sub addiction since subs have a cealing effect meaning it stops being recreational very fast . And i won't ever try heroïne . And oxycodone isn't affordable.

I do stand a good change in getting it prescribed . My doc ain't so hard and easy to manipulate . He also destroyed my youth with paxil and castrating me for years . So he owes me .

I’m quite confident it’s much easier to OD on water.
Long before reaching acutely dangerous dose of K you would be knocked out.
There’s example where nurse shot a infant with like 10g of K (S isomer is for babies) and baby was fine and dandy. Tho probably learned to levitate soon after or something lol
Destroying your life with K one way or another, well, that ain’t nearly as hard as to OD from it.
Damn so its easier to od on water then K . But K is "strictly" controlled and monitored . Like why ? Whats the purpose behind this ? Some money making shit patent fking thingy ?