• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone as an antidepressant need help plz !

I give bupe a lot of credit though.
If it weren't for Suboxone, I'd still probably be an alcoholic who has to drink DXM cough syrup several times a week & put myself in bad situations where I can find opioids & other drugs. I'd also probably be pretty suicidal.

So I'm actually glad that buprenorphine is at least easy to get on & stay on & that it also at least provides a half-assed blanket of opioid "bliss" that allows me to get through my days. Not always. But still better than nothing.

But if there was heroïne much more people would get addicted .
You didn’t understand me well, cuz I didn’t described it well enough. There was, there is and there will be heroin in my country. Thing is it’s not part of any “normal” scene. You need to be HC in drugs to get it. A lot of people do speed (amphetamine sulphate), MDMA, smoke weed, do coke and won’t ever even get a chance to try heroin. There are people selling “everything” BUT heroin. There are people willing to try anything BUT heroin. Now imagine case of city where I grew up, lets say there was about 1000 drug users, tens of dealers and hundred of those “helping” friends to get something but there were only 2 – 3 heroin dealers selling to locals and it was hell of a task to get a hold of that connections. Bam, bupe becomes a thing and you have 100 people trying to get rid of it to get “real drugs”. When I was a teen it still wasn’t such a huge problem but fast forward 10 years and there’s so many people hooked on bupe it’s sad.

As for bupe being less addictive... Sure you can end up shooting up grams of pure heroin but most people don’t. I’m talking about real heroin not what’s in USA rn. My well educated guess is where I am that most people weren’t/aren’t using more than 3 – 4x 0.1g bags per day via I.V. method. Usual purity of “good” H was about 25% so that’s usually no more than 100mg of pure H per day. Same people got 8mg of bupe at least and up to 32mg for such a habit. And I don’t know a single person who found it easier to stop 32mg of bupe than 100mg of heroin. Yeah, sure you can tapper it down for ages and feel shitty for ages and than jump of it and still feel shitty for ages. While stopping 100mg heroin habit cold turkey would be hell, with comfort meds and proper technique it ain’t a hell that lasts for ages. And cravings that stay are a lot worse than cravings for bupe, but recovery to normal and feeling better is way faster.

Last I’ll add first hand experience. I found stopping years long morphine (oral and nasal use) habit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than stopping bupe after a lot less time. Stopping morphine caused me to feel like I’m in hell, for about a week and feeling bad for a month but even after just 2 – 3 weeks I was 100% functional and in fact happy I did it as back than I didn’t suffer from so much pain as now so in fact only thing I missed, well miss, is feeling perfect.

After stopping rather short use of bupe (few months top), pretty small amounts too (usually 2, max 8mg but even skipping some days) I didn’t feel like in hell (and I’m dam sure I would after years on any dose), but I felt fucking bad for days, weeks and months to come.

Those two experiences were years apart so feeling so bad from bupe definitely isn’t just cuz I was hooked to morphine before that.

This is just mine experience but I personally know quite a few people who had very similar outcome whit stopping heroin and than, sadly usually just trying to stop bupe. Many of them would surely stop it if it wasn’t handled like a candy but that’s another topic.

Just about anything is, right :) ?

Where I am they started giving bupe for alcoholics too, usually to those with history of opiod use but in some cases even without.

Alcohol is definitely worse than bupe if used heavily.
Absolutely.
That's interesting, because in my case, I quit drinking once I had every day access to an opioid. Even just suboxone. I haven't drank in almost 7 years, except for a hand ful of times re-trying it out again after all that time. Still didn't like it anymore. lol So Suboxone can definitely help some people with alcohol issues no doubt.
I use to have a best friend that I used opioids with & she still drank even ontop of heroin/subs/whatever. So she seems to be one of those lost causes type of alcoholics. lol Alcohol mucks up the opioid buzz IMO