• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

Call for all estimators out there...

So I managed to get about 4 grams down yesterday, and I felt it. I subtle energetic high throughout the day, with actually a surprisingly pleasant afterglow, and found myself more sociable.

So do you think 28 grams (7 times 4) would be a sufficient entheogenic dose?

seven times the threshold level will be more than 'sufficient' it sounds like. probably should shoot for 3-4x instead of 7x

Awesome!!!! I am very excited... When Spring goes in full swing will be the opportune moment to imbibe...

My last San Pedro trip was quite successful, although I have a question for the experienced cacti users. I did a mixed method last time of eating part of the cacti and LIGHTLY boiling up broken deskinned cacti bits for 20 mins at a time and mainly just let it simmer, then repeated that 3 times and filtered the green 'tea' water to drink. I boiled far more than I ate and basically just ate while I was letting it boil. Is mescaline extracted from the cacti that easily in that short of time? I had about 2 feets worth and ate maybe a little more than 3 inches worth.

I tried it twice before and it was quite a bit more intense this time. I really enjoyed this mix method, i'm just having trouble believing the mescaline gets sucked into the water that easily. But i'm having more trouble believing that the effects I had was solely from eating it. The cacti bits were still a solid but the outer green layer lost it's color which i heard is where most the mescaline is kept.

This just in!

https://dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9577

q21q21's posts near the bottom.... This may be my answer! Input still welcomed.

:p ...<3
I'm testing the poster's claim on a small scale just to see if I can avoid the creation of slime. I just put a tablespoon of powdered torch in a jar with about 50mL of water. I gently sloshed it around a couple times (no shaking). I think I'll leave it in the fridge overnight to see if all the sediment settles and I can siphon slime free solution the water layer tomorrow.

It'd be nice if I could just drink a small amount of boiled down bitter tea instead of slime or having to deal with the uncertainties and labor of creating purer extracts that still make me nauseated. I think the good stuff would get absorbed more quickly, and thus safe from being lost when vomited, from a watery solution than a thick slimy one, too.

In the event that it actually works, it still won't answer if I got the goods or not, though. I'm wondering, since the cactus is dehydrated and powdered instead of a live cutting, is simply exposing the powder to room temp water enough to get the water soluble alkaloids out? Does the dehydrating and powdering process break the cell walls mechanically so there's a relatively quick flow between the powder and water for the mescaline?

I'm testing the poster's claim on a small scale just to see if I can avoid the creation of slime. I just put a tablespoon of powdered torch in a jar with about 50mL of water. I gently sloshed it around a couple times (no shaking). I think I'll leave it in the fridge overnight to see if all the sediment settles and I can siphon slime free solution the water layer tomorrow.

It'd be nice if I could just drink a small amount of boiled down bitter tea instead of slime or having to deal with the uncertainties and labor of creating purer extracts that still make me nauseated. I think the good stuff would get absorbed more quickly, and thus safe from being lost when vomited, from a watery solution than a thick slimy one, too.

In the event that it actually works, it still won't answer if I got the goods or not, though. I'm wondering, since the cactus is dehydrated and powdered instead of a live cutting, is simply exposing the powder to room temp water enough to get the water soluble alkaloids out? Does the dehydrating and powdering process break the cell walls mechanically so there's a relatively quick flow between the powder and water for the mescaline?

They say adding citrus or citric acid helps with the extraction.

Let me know if it works for you.

After doing a lot of research on different forums, this seems to be the ideal way to do it (I haven't tried it myself yet):

1. Mix the powder with a bunch of hot water (as if you were making tea).
2. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 2 hours.
3. Decanter the top layer of liquid into a pot
4. Repeat steps 1-3 3 times.
5. simmer/evaporate all that water to a manageable amount of liquid

^Yeah, that sounds reasonable. After seeing that it worked on the small scale I referred to earlier, I scaled up to 40 grams. It seems to be producing slime-free amber liquid, just as the poster at dmtnexus said. I'm using cool water (leaving it overnight in the fridge), but it's difficult to believe it'll make much difference over warm water since it's powder and I'm letting it soak for so long. It helps to have a clear thin tall cylinder to put the cactus powder and water in because it maximizes the height of the slime free liquid to siphon off. I'm just using a 1.5 liter plastic spaghetti container and a turkey baster.

I always used to encapsulate and down the powder since I was always buying a relatively small amount of cactus and wasn't sure of the potency, and so I wanted to make sure I was getting all I could. Now that I have access to a vetted supply I don't mind risking a water extract. I'll report back when I test it, though I'm not certain when that'll be. If it works I'll probably make a bunch and just keep it frozen. I can handle bitter liquid, but the slime is like having boiling snot in my stomach.

* Lophophora williamsii - 300 mg / 27 g dried material
* Trichocerus peruvianus - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams dried material (.3% - 2.0%)
* Trichocerus pachanoi - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams grams dried material (.3% - 2.0%)

(courtesy of erowid)

300mg is referring to a solid dose of mescaline.

As you can see, San Pedro (pachanoi) potency varies MUCHly. You could have maybe 4 great doses, or you could have two thirds of one.

Taste it and find out! My Peruvian Torch is probably around the 24-28g range.

I had 28g of Bridgesii powder once... It was very energetic... even electrifying... emotional and euphoric high... No mindfuck whatsoever, or prominent visuals. Just good medicine coursing through the body. There was significant mind-expansion for sure... increased awareness and love for planet Earth...

Opinions: Is 200g of Peruvian Torch too big a dose?

I'm contemplating taking 200g of Peruvian Torch and wondering if that's too big. I plan taking it anally to eliminate the possibility that I will barf. Last time I took about 60g and was only able to hold it down for 40 mins. Sadly, I ate the whole damn chips and barfed quite a load. I don't think I'd be able to taste that stuff again. Wondering if that much mescaline and alkaloids would be bad for my liver or something. Or if a dose that big will make me pass out. I'm not worried about a bad trip. I distinctly remember the last time I took it the mescaline made me feel so good I thought it almost impossible to even be scared at all.

If you're experienced with mescaline I don't think it will be too much. It's the gentlest psychedelic there is and even 1g+ doses arn't that hard to handle.

To be honest, I imagine most of the mescaline will end up dripping down your thigh (anal leakage) and you'll have to shit it out after half an hour because you can't hold it any longer. So you'll probably end up actually getting a dose a lot lower than is in the 200g of cactus anyway.

200g is a hell of a lot of physical STUFF to fit up your anal cavity. You're gonna fart and a cloud of cactus dust is going to puff out. Or it'll turn to goo and just ooze out. I would find another method.

Also, I hope you know the potency of this particular cactus you've got. I also have peruvian torch, and 4 dry grams was the threshold dose. So imagine taking 50 times the threshold dose.

do it mescaline is the shit. Ive taken doses that were 6 feet of san pedro and they were the best trips ive ever had. love cactus.

you should be fine, far more often cacti are weaker than stronger. I've had an 80g+ dose that was not much above threshold before. I wouldn't try to put that much physical material into my rectum though. If i were bound and determined to stick some of it up there, i would take as much as possible orally first, then when I couldn't do that anymore, I'd plug the remainder. With that much cactus, I'd probably do an extraction. Either a crude alcohol one, or the food-safe d-limone tek that's been floating around for a while now.

instead of shoving 200g of stuff into your rectum....

acid/base extraction on cacti.
You have now gone from a very large amount of cactus dust to a very manageable amount of mescaline and what is probably various other things that got extracted out of the cactus... It can be cleaned to the point of being clean crystals...

this can be gel capped, plugged, and im not sure what the bioavailability of it is but possibly snorted.... and it will probably lack some of the nausea although i have heard even extracted mescaline has some sort of purge to it...

If you do an acid/base extraction on pedro then there is no nausea when you take the capsule orally.

Obviously I'm thinking there's going to be some kind of preparation of 200g of pedro rather than simply trying to wedge the dry powder up your arsehole.