• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

Harvest and Prep' of Sacred Cacti

Harvest and Preparation of Lophophora williamsii ~ "Peyote"-

Before harvesting a Peyote cacti wait three to seven (3-7) years after it flowers, and after two to five (2-5) years "hard growth", that is, conditions which emulate it’s natural habitat- hot, dry, etc. Overall it’s age should be anywhere from 7 to 21 years old, or ideally, even older.

To harvest cut well above the top of the root, leave a layer of green flesh with a few areoles present, these areoles will grow new pups.

Pluck off tufts of "hair" or "fur" and remove all areoles with a small knife. Peel away all brown bark-like flesh around the base on the lower stem just above the roots. Remove the hardest, woodiest parts in the center if desired (recommended with very old specimens).

At this point 3 things can be done-

1) Eat it fresh.

2) Place a harvested “Button” outdoors in the shade for 3-7 months, this will cause the cactus to loss some of it’s water but not totally dry out. Make sure the cactus is in a cool, dry place with good airflow. This is considered by many the best method of preparation.

3) Poke some holes in it with a knife or cut it up into peices and dry it out as fast as possible, but don’t heat it. It keeps the longest this way. The Peyote is best used within 7 years of harvest, although it keeps forever.

Trichocereus "San Pedro" Cacti Preparation-

1) Remove all spines and areoles with a knife.

2) Peel off the waxy outer coating of the cactus.

3) Remove the green layer which is just below the waxy outer skin but above the white inner core.

4) Discard the white inner core, spines and waxy skin, chop and dry the green flesh.

Once the green layer is chopped and dried it can be stored in cool dry place for many years.

The green dried "chips" can be eaten as they are, or infused with water (made into a tea).

~~~Notes~~~ Basically the idea is to isolate the green layer of flesh which is located between the waxy outer skin and the white inner core. This 2-5cm green layer is the most potent part of the cactus and is best suited for entheogenic use. It may be dried, brewed into a tea or eaten fresh.

I ground up dried cacti as fine as I could and proceeded to eat it with ice cream. Yes it tastes like shit but the ice cream does mask some of it and allows you to swallow rather than chew. It also took me about half an hour to eat 30g with ice cream.

Got no nausea - I think this is due to the cactus enetering the body slowly rather than all at once!

Very nice trip!

Peanut butter and Jelly work well too. As far as dried cacti chips go. Hope this helps.

OK. I have a bunch of Cacti slime I just made in a blender w/ lemon juice. I was going to boil it down to 1 cup. But somebody decided to come home early. It is Fri night @ 11:00 PM. Any suggestions? seriously I am about to go chug this. Hope i don't throw up. I'm about to do this know. I will let you all know.

Doesn't boiling it down kill some pyscho-active alkaloids??
Someone suggested drying the flesh then putting the powder into some yoghurt (consuming fast before it starts to rehydrate) and eating that. They didnt mention nausea and I cant be bothered finding where I read that.
Does anyone know which of the Trichocereus species are most potent? The options available to me are T. pachanoi - San Pedro, T. peruvianus - Peruvian Torch, T. terscheckii - Cardon Grande, and T. bridgesii... also some weird crosses like Trichocereus scopulicola with bridgesii. Oh this website has too much to choose from!!

Doesn't boiling it down kill some pyscho-active alkaloids??
Someone suggested drying the flesh then putting the powder into some yoghurt (consuming fast before it starts to rehydrate) and eating that. They didnt mention nausea and I cant be bothered finding where I read that.
Does anyone know which of the Trichocereus species are most potent? The options available to me are T. pachanoi - San Pedro, T. peruvianus - Peruvian Torch, T. terscheckii - Cardon Grande, and T. bridgesii... also some weird crosses like Trichocereus scopulicola with bridgesii. Oh this website has too much to choose from!!
DUDE Go with peruvianas. Peruvian fire torch is far more potent than San Pedro. Boiling may or may not degrade the mescaline. This is what I do. Get 12" of San Pedro Blend in a blender or food processor and drink the cactus slime. It is not that bad if you add lemon juice during the blending and use lemon juice as a chasr. This is what makes me trip harder thatn boiling or dehydrating.8o

DUDE Go with peruvianas. Peruvian fire torch is far more potent than San Pedro. Boiling may or may not degrade the mescaline. This is what I do. Get 12" of San Pedro Blend in a blender or food processor and drink the cactus slime. It is not that bad if you add lemon juice during the blending and use lemon juice as a chasr. This is what makes me trip harder thatn boiling or dehydrating.8o

How was it for nausea?? I cannot deal with nausea I had 3 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds (3!!! erowid said 4 was the minimum dosage but i decided to go under just in case) once and could not vomit no matter how hard I tried... though I had like zero energy as well. But anyway, wrecked the trip!!
do not want that ever again. never. wanted to stab my stomach with a knife to release the cyanide inside....

Is this just said from experience? They are fairly cheap to get so I could get a few of each... Oh a method that came on faster would be best.

^^^^ universalmind. I have read so many reports about nausea. Honestly I have bever gotten it. Just a little paranoid that I might based on reading other peoples arbitrary reports. It does squirm around in your stomach but no urge to throw up at least in my case. I have tried mornong glory but it was a friends extract back in like 1999. Cacti is a better choice. Be warned the trip is not as powerful as acid or Pscilocybin (bad spelling I know) but has It's own merits. I find that if you don't expect much it will fascinate you. You should order one (cacti) from a vendor. Can't give names I think but just look around. Google san pedro ar peruvian fire torch nurseries and you will find it. Check out your source though. Yes they are cheap. 40.00 bucks for a huge one in my case.Yes You could order multiple cacti. Anything else just ask

Oh thats good then, i'm not normally a person with stomach issues anyway. Though I believe being on the contraceptive pill has made me more sensitive to it. I'm only using it for my skin and stuff so i'll probably come off it a month before hand, seems wrong for any kind of tripping actually.
Yeah unless you did an extract you have to deal with cyanide which no one likes, though my friend only got a bit of what he described as 'sea-sickness' it was weird my visuals were even sliding in a sickening way. The visual element was really interesting though, shame.
I have a vendor! Grows near me, but i'm not 18 just yet (soon so soon) so I hope I dont have to sign. Considering sending them to my dad, he'd be understanding. Reckon i'll get pedro, torch and bridgesii and take in that order.
Is it really like a 14 hour trip? Acid was good at 8 hours but bad tripping on those seeds ahhhh it couldnt have been any longer. So i'd rather nothing much over 10 hours.

*** my friend was a much taller broader older bloke and we took below the recommended dose as we just tried it because we were bored. i actually dont regret it. I felt like i was going to be permanetly depressed or mentally ill somehow for a few hours after. But then- the most incredible happiness! I WAS ALIVE!! I had survivied a bad trip and had the most awesome love for all human beings and just giggled at everything. Seriously the happiest i've been for years (upside to everything).

Its about 12 hours from the time you eat it till its over. Sometimes 8 if you eat less than 12 inches

What is the best way to prepare a dried Peruvian Torch cacti?

I've searched/read all sorts of preparation methods and it seems like boiling it would be my best option. I can't look into an alcohol extraction at this time because it is hard to acquire alcohol in its pure form where I'm at. I will definitely not be looking into the capsule method. I've recently found out that some people have had diarrhea after consuming cacti and that is definitely something that I want to avoid. I was thinking of powdering the dried chips and then consuming the powder with some water, but if thats going to give diarrhea, then I want to stay far away. In terms of boiling, I'm not really sure how to go about this. I've got aluminum pots and I've read that boiling cacti in an aluminum pot isn't the best thing to do as it could react with the pot? Will adding lemon juice to the tea help? PS. Total amount of dried cacti will be 100g.

I have tried to prepare that with various methods such as boiling it down and such. The first few times I did it, I must have done something completely wrong because I barely felt anything. I ordered a powder of the cactus and just put it into gel caps (a lot of gelcaps..) and just ate them over the course of about an hour or two. To this day it was my favorite hallucinogenic experience. It changed me. I have a very strong stomach and I do not reccomend this at all if you have a sensitive stomach. I did experience a lot of cramping and stomach pains but it subsided once I started tripping. It also took a very long time to kick in.

Happy Tripping! :)

I think I'm going to try something that I read on the Internet. Can't seem to find it again but I will basically do the following:

- Powder the cactus
- Mix it with lemonade
- Freeze the mix
- Crush the ice an drink it with orange juice

Welcome to Bluelight.

Just so you know we have a main Mescaline Dosage & Methods of Administration thread with plenty of people asking the same question, I'll merge this one with that one once you've had a chance to reply. I think your idea would work fine though :)

There is no easy way of consuming cactus.

As for "adding lemonade and a little custard for taste" forget about it - it's like trying to eat a cold dog turd - would smothering it in ketchup really make any difference?

Welcome to Bluelight.

Just so you know we have a main Mescaline Dosage & Methods of Administration thread with plenty of people asking the same question, I'll merge this one with that one once you've had a chance to reply. I think your idea would work fine though :)

Thanks for the reply, will do. I've just had my first experience, it was a bit of a disappointment but nevertheless I posted a report in my other thread. Thanks.

Sorry to hear it was a disappointment, maybe you'll have a better experience next time? Or maybe it's just not for you.

Merged :)