• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

dankstersauce

Bluelighter
Back to main mescaline thread

[original post]

OK I'm somewhat of a San Pedro rookie/novice. My question to all you Bluelighers is what do you think is a better method of preparation?
Cactus tea?
or
Dried cactus chips ground and put into gel caps?

Both have their drawbacks. The tea tastes pretty bad.
But skinning, drying and grinding the skin isn't very easy either. And supposedly removing the waxy outer layer of skin is a pain in the ass.

Both are going to be harsh on the stomach, which I can handle. I have the equipment to do either preparation so thats not a problem.

I have 2 18 inch San Pedro cacti right now, I don't plan on butchering either plant anytime soon. However when I do kill the poor thing, I want to make sure I get the most bang for my cacti.

So bluelight, what do you think? Cactus gel caps or cactus tea/syrup?
the pros the cons, your experience, share your knowledge please.

ps I can't do a A/B extraction but I am interested in any other simpler extractions. I've used the search engine but i'll i can find is different variations on A/B extractions.

:) Thank you for your responses in advance!!!!!! I need help:)

( note to mods: I would have put this in the big and dandy cactus thread, but no one ever responds in that thread. But feel free to move it to the big and dandy thread. And I've used the search engine, but there isn't much on mescaline cacti and i end up going to the same sites over and over again in circles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'll leave it as a separate thread for now, and move it later.

The tea ( read thick, concentrated cactus slime) works for me, just make sure to use bottled or distilled water, and reduce the water very slowly. It will lose potency if you over heat it. I give it an initial boil, then allow it to just simmer to reduce the water.

You could also stress it a bit in the days before hand to try to increase alkaloid production.

dankstersauce said:
OK I'm somewhat of a San Pedro rookie/novice. My question to all you Bluelighers is what do you think is a better method of preparation?
Cactus tea?
or
Dried cactus chips ground and put into gel caps?

Both have their drawbacks. The tea tastes pretty bad.
But skinning, drying and grinding the skin isn't very easy either. And supposedly removing the waxy outer layer of skin is a pain in the ass.

Peeling and drying isn't difficult at all if you have a bit of time. The skin is easily sperated from the grenn underlayer, its really just a think wax. Drying takes time- I simply used a small heater with cactus above it. This took about a day. Anyway, remove the skin no matter what, you don't woant to drink wax.

Personally, I CANNOT drink the brew, and have thrown some out in the past (Forgive me San Pedro), it just turns my stomach. I have more success simply eating dried chunks, or ground encapsualted, but I will always get nausea. And when I get nausea, I get SCARED ofr some stupid reason. Xorkoth may know, I was reduced to somewhat of a child a few weekends ago, simply by the physical effect of cactus. :\

Both are going to be harsh on the stomach, which I can handle. I have the equipment to do either preparation so thats not a problem.

I have 2 18 inch San Pedro cacti right now, I don't plan on butchering either plant anytime soon. However when I do kill the poor thing, I want to make sure I get the most bang for my cacti.

Some envornmental stress should help produce more alkaloids- so sterile slices in the skin, overwatering, underwatering, placing in driect sun/shade, all can help. My san pedro grows in a draw, unroooted. Supposedly dARKNESS increase 345 to, but I dunno why.
So bluelight, what do you think? Cactus gel caps or cactus tea/syrup?
the pros the cons, your experience, share your knowledge please.

ps I can't do a A/B extraction but I am interested in any other simpler extractions. I've used the search engine but i'll i can find is different variations on A/B extractions.

:) Thank you for your responses in advance!!!!!! I need help:)

( note to mods: I would have put this in the big and dandy cactus thread, but no one ever responds in that thread. But feel free to move it to the big and dandy thread. And I've used the search engine, but there isn't much on mescaline cacti and i end up going to the same sites over and over again in circles.)

Theres a fair bit of stuff in the thread now, and it should get answered rapidly, as I am a fan of mescaline, but no matter.

I'd go caps. I don't want to waste cactii anymore, so I am convinced that an A/B extraction will be the only option. All good, drawing together my supplies as we speak.

If you PM me I may be able to send you some better information on growing and prepping.

I make a tea of the cacti then slowly boil it down to one or two shot glasses full.

Then i cool the thick sludge down and mix it with flour to get a green dough ball, this i break up into smaller balls and swallow the playdough like substance, you dont taste a thing!!!

Best method by far!

No taste and its in a form you can carry where ever you want unlike a liquid.

Coming from someone whos done cacti preperation 20-30 times its easily the easiest way to consume.

Last edited:
^Yeah, I've read that method somehwere. I'll have to give it a try.

^^Ill have to try that, I usually just make a sludge/tea concotion

Whats the point of extracting it if your just gunna eat all the nasty alkaloids. Just drink the shots... Its feels pure

Encapsulating dried pedro gave me the most intense nausea I've ever experienced in my life, i was puking up pigs in a blanket like a sick fucking dog for 48 hours straight. The trip never really managed to fight it's way through the nausea.

Drinking cactus sludge also causes massive nausea. Best way is to do a proper a/b extraction - zero nausea.

i was really lookin' forward to trying mescaline. i acquired a couple feet of peruvian torch, spent hella days removing the spines and peeling it and chopping it into pill sized pieces. stabbed myself a billion times in the process, murder on my fingers.
then i tried just swallowing all the chunks one handful at a time.
i wasn't even makin' a dent in it. i gave up.
i'll have to just try the tea sometime.
oh yea, can i still use all these chunks i have? they're still sitting in my room, all dried up, could i still make tea out of 'em or am i gonna have to go through the arduous process again?

Try a taste of the tea - you might just gip it straight back up the second it touches your lips tho.

I've tried drinking the tea before. It didn't work out too well because I couldn't get the effects i wanted without having terrible nausea.
I know even pure mescaline can be rough on the stomach but damn.
It just seems SOOOOO much more convenient to swallow a bunch of pills.

Previously I've tried evaporating the tea down to gel/goo.....maybe i'll do that and add flour.

Or does anyone know anything about any crude chemical extractions?
I've smelled xylene before....so theres no way i'm going to be able to pull off an A/B in this apartment.
I remember reading about an extraction that used ammonia and alcohol (I think), but after reading much stuff I can't find the recipe at all.
I've looked all over the internets and the best i could find was A/B after A/B after A/B.
any more responses before this thread gets moved into the deep dark abyss of the big and dandy mescaline cacti thread?

I've only done the "tea" method. At my first attempt I gagged, but eventually got down a half a cup (chasing with Gatorade) which turned out to be more than enough.

Cactus juice doesn't so much taste bad, it's just incredibly bitter. I don't recall any nausea once I'd got it down, but it's not something I'd want to ingest on an empty stomach.

I ground up dried cacti as fine as I could and proceeded to eat it with ice cream. Yes it tastes like shit but the ice cream does mask some of it and allows you to swallow rather than chew. It also took me about half an hour to eat 30g with ice cream.

Got no nausea - I think this is due to the cactus enetering the body slowly rather than all at once!

Very nice trip!

25 grams of peruvian torch, would that be a very weak trip, sorta weak trip, or moderate?
i know potency varies but i have never used peruvian and was just wonderin if ne one wouldnt mind given guestimates. also the reason why i ask is b/c from what i have gathered peruvian torch's are usually a little more potent then San P. Any thoughts from any out there?

Buy the pulverized stuff as powder, Do an ethanol extraction. San Pedro is tastes horrific, and the work it takes... a LOT of work if you just get cuttings. TRUST ME.