• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

If you do an acid/base extraction on pedro then there is no nausea when you take the capsule orally.

Obviously I'm thinking there's going to be some kind of preparation of 200g of pedro rather than simply trying to wedge the dry powder up your arsehole.

Yes people, I guess I should have mentioned I'm not going to somehow shuv 200g of powder and water up my ass. I was planning on making a tea, boiling it down to about 150-100ml, and using an enema syringe to inject it. It won't leak. It will start getting absorbed in a few mins. I don't plan on putting any solid materials in my ass. The intestines are fine with absorbing liquids.

From what I've read, people STILL get vomitous even when they do extractions, and take a pill, and after my first explosive experience, I refuse to let that happen again. I just can't go through that again. I guess anything would be better than simply eating soaked dried chips.

Also, I would do this acid/base extraction if only I could find a method which I believe I could actually do. I am kind of retarded and they all seem too complicated. Does a simple extraction exist? Can't I just boil a bunch of cactus regular water, remove the cactus, then let most of the water evaporate out of a pot over a few days in regular open air? Would that work? Thanks.

i would do an extraction on that much cactus rather than ingesting it all.

i would do an extraction on that much cactus rather than ingesting it all.

Would it work if I just boil the dried cactus or powder in tea bags, then just remove the cactus and let the water evaporate away over a few days?

well, that would be an extract. If you're looking for a simpler extraction than most of the acid/base ones (which can be somewhat complex and/or messy) you should look into some alcohol extraction techniques. They're usually quite simple and don't require as much time or effort.

well, that would be an extract. If you're looking for a simpler extraction than most of the acid/base ones (which can be somewhat complex and/or messy) you should look into some alcohol extraction techniques. They're usually quite simple and don't require as much time or effort.

lol, The alcohol extractions sound just as complicated to any other extraction, and have the added downside of being possibly poisonous. I did read that it's not good to let the brew sit for days at a time, so I think I'll just put some lemon juice in a pot, boil it for a while, and then put the remaining in the oven at maybe 150 degrees and let it evaporate. I wonder though why more people aren't doing it that way. I mean, why go through the trouble of adding bases and taking many days, when you could do it all in about 4 hours and still end up with a small amount of material. Well, I'll let ya'll know how my primitive extraction works.

Yes people, I guess I should have mentioned I'm not going to somehow shuv 200g of powder and water up my ass. I was planning on making a tea, boiling it down to about 150-100ml, and using an enema syringe to inject it. It won't leak. It will start getting absorbed in a few mins. I don't plan on putting any solid materials in my ass. The intestines are fine with absorbing liquids.

I think you'll have trouble boiling it down to 100ml - it'll just turn to a thick sludge that you can't squirt with a syringe. You'll probably need at least half a pint to a pint.

Have you ever tried holding half a pint or more of liquid up your arsehole for any amount of time? It's incredibly uncomfortable. You need to hold it for a minimum of 30-60 mins, preferably longer. Good luck.

From what I've read, people STILL get vomitous even when they do extractions, and take a pill, and after my first explosive experience, I refuse to let that happen again

No - a full acid/base extraction results in a pills worth of powder that doesn't cause nausea. And I've got the most sensitive stomach in the world and vomit my guts up if I even sniff cactus powder.

If you're talking some two-bit "alcohol extraction" or whatever then yes you'll still throw your guts up.

Does a simple extraction exist?

Not if you want zero nausea - acid/base is the only way to go and yes it is pretty difficult to do because working with cactus snot is always difficult. If you can do a DMT extraction you can do a cactus extraction using the same method but it's a lot harder handling cactus slime than it is mimosa. You can play around with the other extractions but I've never found any of them worth a shit to be honest.

I think you'll have trouble boiling it down to 100ml - it'll just turn to a thick sludge that you can't squirt with a syringe. You'll probably need at least half a pint to a pint.

Ah dangit, that's what I was afraid of,and that what I forgot to ask about. You're right, sludge wouldn't be acceptable for what I plan to do, it's gotta be liquid if I want to do an enema.

One time I boiled free floating dried chips and it turned in to a sludge. I had to throw it out bc I knew there was no way I could drink it. I almost barfed just smelling it, still remembering the first time I tried to drink sludge. I was hoping the powder wouldn't turn to slime, but you say it does, so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. So which extraction method do you use?

if its the smell / taste that bothers you, you could put it in capsules?

or boil it to a sludge then spread it out real thin and dry it then swallow the dried sludge like pills...or freeze the sludge and wash down the sludgecubes with a hot drink.

Ah dangit, that's what I was afraid of,and that what I forgot to ask about. You're right, sludge wouldn't be acceptable for what I plan to do, it's gotta be liquid if I want to do an enema.

One time I boiled free floating dried chips and it turned in to a sludge. I had to throw it out bc I knew there was no way I could drink it. I almost barfed just smelling it, still remembering the first time I tried to drink sludge. I was hoping the powder wouldn't turn to slime, but you say it does, so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. So which extraction method do you use?
See the recent discussion in this thread for a method for producing a slime-free extract. I've recently tried it out and I tripped. The resulting solution is very watery at around a liter of volume, but unfortunately I can't say for certain that it will stay liquidy after you boil it down to a plugable amount.

I'm posting to report that the slime-free decanting method of water extraction posted about above works fine. The extract is just a bitter drink instead of a viscous sludge this way. I ended up with about a liter of liquid that I just decided to drink instead of boil down. I still got sick at the 3 hour point, but using this easy and fairly quick method it was easier to get the extract down and hold it in then with either the slime or powder capsule swallowing methods.

Last edited:

I wouldn't rule out simply boiling it with a little lemon and then inserting 1/2 pint up your bunghole. (Tho you're best off making it pH neutral if you're introducing it to your rectum) It works - but it's not as intense and pleasant as the high you get from a full-blown acid/base extraction. But it is hard to work with cactus slime in extractions, it's a lot more work than a DMT extraction.

I have some dried cactus chips lying around that I was considering dipping in honey then eating say 60 grams over a period of a couple of hours - anyone think this would be a good or bad idea ? I've heard it said if you take your time this method works OK

ya that will likely work

it'll be kinda gross tho

making tea from dried cactus chips is much better than making tea from fresh cactus... it doesn't turn into snot as much

it takes me like 5g

but you probably have shitty pre-dried bullshit cactus

LOL! bullshit cactus. Well, the one I just got appears to be the real deal. No core AT ALL. Total pure outer edge. The first dried chips I got you could clearly see it was a lot of core, and I still ate the whole chips. I'm hoping these slices I got are easier to work with and much less sludgy.

And peeps, it's not that it tastes bad, even though it does, it's that my body will reject the material. The first time I drank it I didn't think it tasted that bad, though the slime was disgusting, but now my body knows it can't ingest that cactus, so it rejects it immediately.

extracting it is really not very hard if you are litterate, and you seem to be....

You go from having to consume a lot of plant matter in some way to maybe eating a couple capsules of crystals.... and most of the things that your body is rejecting have been removed...

thats sounding like a lot more than most other people have to consume, but are you going for something like a heroic mescaline dose? of course your body is going to reject it, your taking something with a natural purge and eating mass quantities of it....

and im sure teoltzewhateverthehell would have something to say about how extracting it is like stabbing god in the eyeball with a spoon or something but i really don't care. I don't take drugs to feel shitty most of the time, the purge is neccessary on some drugs but if i don't have to go through it i generally don't want to....extracting is almost neccessary when other people are saying they consume like 4-5g at a time as a threshold... your going for like 40 times that... So lets assume with pure mescaline that being 100mg. That would be like 4 grams of pure mescaline.

I think your kind of overshooting this one, erowid can be kind of conservative in their "heavy" catagory of things but they don't put anything past 700mg....

So then your taking what could be up to or maybe than 4g of mescaline....

extracted you might not get the nasuea that causes most of that to go to waste...

extracting it is really not very hard if you are litterate, and you seem to be....

I think your kind of overshooting this one, erowid can be kind of conservative in their "heavy" catagory of things but they don't put anything past 700mg....

So then your taking what could be up to or maybe than 4g of mescaline....

OK, thanks mate, but I doubt I'll be able to get pure mescaline from my shitty extract. Yes I am going for a heroic dose. I might as well take all it can give.

even if you just soak it in everclear for a while and then just filter and evaporate it down your going to be dealing with a far smaller amount of material to consume....

If you do an iso extraction, evaporate to dryness.... consuming isopropyl is not good for you...

an acid/base extraction with a recrystalization as an option to further purify would be the most ideal option for having a good extract...

With an alcohol wash you might get a tar like result, your going to have other stuff pulled through in the wash other than mescaline, the water will disolve the chlorophyll and it will be in there asa well as some other inactive gunk.... It will be less accurate to dose but as long as you know the amounts that could be there....

Do keep in mind that eating that much extracted stuff is still going to be pretty bad... imagine like 4g of powder on a table as being the ideal option, but your not going to have ideal results so expect more to be there....