• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

See the recent discussion in this thread for a method for producing a slime-free extract. I've recently tried it out and I tripped. The resulting solution is very watery at around a liter of volume, but unfortunately I can't say for certain that it will stay liquidy after you boil it down to a plugable amount.

THANKS MATE!!! That is exactly the kind of tek that I was looking for, and hoping would work. Just put the darn stuff in water and wait for a few hours, and strain it. Perfect. Now THAT is what an extraction should be, unless you absolutely must have pure salts, or something close. I'll probably lose some of the mescaline, but whatever, I have 200g .

Since the poster in that thread claimed that the slime free tek worked, and he also got sick off, then I am still planning to plug my product. I'll let ya'll know how it goes and if I still get nauseated.

Wait! The method I tried in that thread FAILED. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but the sediment did not settle, it just formed a lot (read: A LOT) of goo, which is 99 percent unstrainable. It was hell trying to get it to work.

Best of luck to you, and let us know how it works out.

How?? I added a bunch of water to my peruvian torch powder, and it just made a lot of slime that did not settle one bit (nor did it want to be strained). I wonder what I'm doing differently... Are you using powder?

The water I used was just warm, not boiling. Also, the container I soaked my Torch powder in was tall and thin, which is important when you go to remove it with a turkey baster or whatever because it maximizes the height of the liquid layer. After dumping in enough liquid to fill it, the 40 grams of powder in my 1.5 L container expanded to about 3 parts sediment slime and 1 part amber liquid on top.

You just take out the amber liquid and refresh with more water over and over again until, many pulls later, the top layer is very light amber or clear. You'll have a lot of very bitter liquid saved up, but of course it can be boiled down for consumption. The slime can't keep absorbing water forever, you just need to over saturate it. It's cactus flesh so it soaks up amazing amounts of water before it can't anymore. Siphoning off the overflow and what it contains is what this method does. No straining is necessary.

EDIT: This worked for dried Torch chips that I powdered using a blender. I don't see why it shouldn't work the same with San Pedro, but thought I should note it.

Last edited:
I have some dried cactus chips lying around that I was considering dipping in honey then eating say 60 grams over a period of a couple of hours - anyone think this would be a good or bad idea ? I've heard it said if you take your time this method works OK

I'm not sure honey would mask the taste of bone dry cactus chips. Can you even chew them? :D

I've always been wary of putting dried cacti straight into my stomach ever since I put dried cacti into water and noticed how the cacti absorbs all the water and blows up to 3 or 4 times it's original volume. Imagine that happening in your gut 8o

You just take out the amber liquid and refresh with more water over and over again until, many pulls later, the top layer is very light amber or clear.

Thanks for that, now I understand clearly how it works. How long are you leaving the water in before each pull?

I just took it easy, kept it in the fridge, and pulled in the morning and evening for four days. The liquid wasn't totally clear at that point but I was ready to trip right away when I woke up, so I didn't even get it all and still tripped. I doubt you have to wait very long since it's powder -- how long can it take for water to permeate those tiny bits and carry out the water soluble alkaloids? Just refresh, slosh the mix around a bit, wait for the sediment to settle, pull the amber liquid, and repeat. You could probably do it over the course of an afternoon.

EDIT: However, if you're still doing that massive 200 gram dose you can expect it to take awhile depending on the capacity of your container(s), and also to end up with at least 5 liters of amber water you'll need to boil down. I recommend testing with 5 grams on a small scale using a clear 20 ounce bottle or something, just to make sure your cactus behaves the way it's supposed to. I'd try boiling those 20 ounces down to a few milliliters, too, so you make sure that the liquidy consistency of the amber solution is maintained at pluggable volumes. When you do the 200, you should strain the amber liquid before boiling though a shirt or something, because you will invariably suck up a few little chunks of slime from the sediment layer when you're siphoning off the top liquid layer that could make the boiled down concentrate much more slimy.

I think the amber liquid would also be much easier to work with for people attempting acid/base extractions, since it's much closer to the consistency of mimosa water solutions, which are a cinch to extract from. It may ultimately not be as efficient in terms of yields, I don't know, but I'm sure it would be much easier.

Last edited:
THANKS!!!

Another question, there's this tek on DMT nexus http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/House's_Cacti_Resin_Tek He seems to say you just simmer cactus chunks in water, then boil down the excess water and you'll have scrapable crystals. I don't know if he's talking about fresh cactus or dried. It seems to simple to be true. Can anyone vouch for this tek? Thanks.

I'm not sure honey would mask the taste of bone dry cactus chips. Can you even chew them? :D

I've always been wary of putting dried cacti straight into my stomach ever since I put dried cacti into water and noticed how the cacti absorbs all the water and blows up to 3 or 4 times it's original volume. Imagine that happening in your gut 8o

Are you concerned I may explode?

One time (and I definitely only did this the one time :\);

I put 35g of peruvian torch powder into gelcaps. It totalled about 80 caps. I swallowed them down. The last 30 were so hard to get down, my throat hurt so much from the constant pill swallowing.

It didn't take long, soon after they were down they came right back up. The most foul tasting vomit I've ever brought back up; it was really dry too. I was vomiting up half soaked powder; some was still dry. :\

Never take cactus material straight. Our GI is simply not designed for it.

I really don't understand why you guys go to all the trouble that you do...

I cut up ~8 inches of whole cactus (spine, center pieces, and all), blend with a splash of water to form a goo, boil for ~1 hour (stirring and speaking kindly to the goo often), strain through a t-shirt, discard cactus material, add a little water, simmer for another 1-2 hour, and let cool. Drink and trip your fucking brains out.

Why do anything more complicated? If you want to trip balls buy a 12 inch section of cactus and do the whole thing. Costs like $8, plus 2 or 3 hours of your time.

I've never even had a bit of nausea with the method I described. Before ingesting mescaline I boil a cup of water and add ginger (ginger tea).

I really don't understand why you guys go to all the trouble that you do...

I cut up ~8 inches of whole cactus (spine, center pieces, and all), blend with a splash of water to form a goo, boil for ~1 hour (stirring and speaking kindly to the goo often), strain through a t-shirt, discard cactus material, add a little water, simmer for another 1-2 hour, and let cool. Drink and trip your fucking brains out.

Many are claiming that the slime in unstrainable. I have once felt this pain. I cooked up $30 worth of cactus chips and had to throw it out bc it wouldn't strain through a regular strainer, and I knew I would not be able to hold down the chips, or plug them as a last resort. It was a tragedy.

Also, where are you getting a whole cactus for $8!!!?>!??!?!?!>!!>!!?!?!?

Many are claiming that the slime in unstrainable. I have once felt this pain. I cooked up $30 worth of cactus chips and had to throw it out bc it wouldn't strain through a regular strainer, and I knew I would not be able to hold down the chips, or plug them as a last resort. It was a tragedy.

Also, where are you getting a whole cactus for $8!!!?>!??!?!?!>!!>!!?!?!?

I doubt we can discuss sources, even for legal cacti. Let's just say: buying in bulk saves money, and the prices have gone up significantly since I last bought cactus.

The cactus that I use is fresh (the bottom edge is dried and scabbed over, but the cactus is most obviously still alive). Chips may not work.

If you noticed, I do't use any fancy strainer. The most advanced piece of technology that I use is a blender.

Here is the exact process, though it has been posted elsewhere. People seem to not want to do what is easiest/what works, for whatever reason. I guess I'll just keep posting this until everybody on earth has seen it:

1. Purchase 12" live cactus (San Pedro is yummy). Put in a dark place, then in the sun, then in a dark place to shock it a bit (not really necessary. Don't know if it makes a difference either way).

2. Say a prayer for the cactus, then take a sharp knife and dice the shit out of it. Dice is so the pieces are no bigger than an inch at any point. Do not remove ANY of the cactus material--you'll use it all

3. Place a small amount into blender, add a splash of water (doesn't matter if it is tap water, bottled water, de-ionized water), blend until it is fully emulsified. repeat for all the cactus material

4. Place the sum of the snotty green liquid into a heavy pot, cook on medium-high heat , stirring frequently, for ~an hour. You'll know when it is ready when it bubbles up, then turns into an even, snotty paste.

5. Get a bowl/pot/whatever, a pair of gloves (or not, if you want to suffer through burnt hands like I always do), and a t-shirt. Let the sludge cool a little, then make a net shape with the t-shirt and pour the liquid into the t-shirt while holding it over the bowl/pot/whatever. Let the liquid strain through the shirt. Once it strains through a bit, roll the t-shirt up around the cactus material and squeeze the shit out of it. Squeeze it until no more liquid strains through the t-shirt. You'll be left with a pithy cactus material (including the now-soft spines, etc..)--throw this in the garbage.

6. Add a little water to the sludge, and simmer for another hour or two, stirring often. You should be left with mostly water, but a little cactus material is bound to make it through the t-shirt. Get a colander or a sieve and strain the little pulpy-particles out of the liquid- it makes it more... enjoyable ... to drink later.

7. Once you have an amount of green cactus liquid that you feel you're able to drink, turn off the heat, pour the liquid into a container, and let cool. I usually let the stuff sit in the fridge, with the (Tupperware) container wrapper in aluminum foil (to keep out light) for a few days- until I feel psychologically ready for the trip. I've left a container of mescaline juice in a freezer, then a fridge, then the front seat of my car, then in a fridge for over 2 moths-- and had the most intense mescaline trip of my life!

I believe this form of preparation is the best for a few reasons: it is extremely simple to do; requires no knowledge of chemistry or access to outlandish equipment; and produces consistent results every time. Anybody with a blender, a couple spare hours, and a willingness to subvert the system can become an honest-to-goodness psychonaut.

I must note: the cactus liquid that this preparation yields is foul smelling and tasting. I'm sure the main motivation to go all "Bill Nye" is to circumvent the ingestion of "nasty-yucky-cactus-goo"... To those of you who think this, I say: man up. Indigenous peoples ingested this bitter-shit for thousands of years without alcohol-teks or chemistry sets. Drinking the liquid makes the resulting trip that much more worthwhile.

I've never gotten nauseous at all from this preparation technique, but it may be because of my careful dietary planning. I try to avoid eating a lot before a trip, and generally eat raw foods (fruits, veggies) the day of. Also, I brew a ginger tea and sip it along with the mescaline juice- just boil water and add some chunks of fresh ginger. It tastes good with some lemon and honey, and will prevent nausea. Furthermore, it slightly masks the terrible taste of the juice. If you're really concerned about the taste, plug your nose and gulp it down. I, however, do not endorse this method, as rapidly ingesting the cactus juice will result in a freight-train-like come-up and plateau. I try to sip the goo for approximately one hour, during which I read POSITIVE trip reports, sip on my ginger tea, meditate, then take a hot shower and begin to observe the mystical power of the cactus taking hold of my mind and body.

If I left any answer unquestioned, feel free to ask for details. If you don't give a fuck about what I wrote, I don't mind, since I glean much enjoyment from writing, and psychedelics in general. <3

If you'd like to read my last trip-report based on the preparation of 12" using the above method, go here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=473844&highlight=substancecode_mescaline

Last edited:
Are you concerned I may explode?

widget_bFuNvMeivdo5dLTd7UwhjK.jpg

THANKS!!!

Another question, there's this tek on DMT nexus http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/House's_Cacti_Resin_Tek He seems to say you just simmer cactus chunks in water, then boil down the excess water and you'll have scrapable crystals. I don't know if he's talking about fresh cactus or dried. It seems to simple to be true. Can anyone vouch for this tek? Thanks.
Why not try boiling one chip for as long as the TEK says in a small amount of water. If it gets noticeably less bitter after a couple of hours, turns the water amber, and doesn't slime up, most of the alkaloids have probably gone into the water and the TEK works.

Also, here's a link to that TEK with comments posted: https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7362

You should try slime-free liquid orally before you plug it. Slime-free is a lot different than slime, and will not necessarily make you vomit too early like the slime did because there's so much less bulk, not to mention no mucus. Again, you can try a small amount days or weeks before the big trip just to see how it effects you before you down the rest.

Regarding plugging, I've got to mention that the one time I kept encapsulated cactus powder down for a long time (6 hours by using anti-nausea meds), a lot of it didn't come back out when I vomited, but the rest felt like a ball of napalm was moving through my intestines. I was in pain for hours. Sorry to say, but I imagine a water extracted cactus boiled down to pluggable concentrate would be intolerable after very long, especially held in one spot (I think there's many more irritants in the water extract than just mescaline). You might escape or lessen nausea, but I'm not sure you'll be able to keep it in for nearly as long as you could with a more diluted solution orally, and so you may still not trip or, at least, trip less than you might with oral.

I know when I drank over a liter of slime-free extract recently, I kept it in for 3 hours and tripped (I can usually only keep in powder for 1.5 hr). But I also vomited out a lot of still very bitter cactus flavored liquid, too, and perhaps didn't get all the mescaline because there was still so much liquid to be absorbed. The liquid that didn't come up caused GI distress for hours, though it wasn't that bad. Next time I do 40 or 50 grams of chips I'll do more pulls until the top layer of water is clear and then boil all the amber solution down to less than 500 mL and not drink much else or eat until I'm ready to purge. Hopefully that will force my digestive system to soak more of it up before I vomit and before the irritants can move to lower sections of my digestive tract.

Last edited:
Regarding plugging, I've got to mention that the one time I kept encapsulated cactus powder down for a long time (6 hours by using anti-nausea meds), a lot of it didn't come back out when I vomited, but the rest felt like a ball of napalm was moving through my intestines. I was in pain for hours. Sorry to say, but I imagine a water extracted cactus boiled down to pluggable concentrate would be intolerable after very long, especially held in one spot (I think there's many more irritants in the water extract than just mescaline). You might escape or lessen nausea, but I'm not sure you'll be able to keep it in for nearly as long as you could with a more diluted solution orally, and so you may still not trip or, at least, trip less than you might with oral.

Thanks for the warning. I am now leaning toward trying to do this resin tek, and not plugging it. One reason is bc I hear the effects are lessened with plugging. Other plugging accounts I have read do not mention intenstinal discomfort.... except one. One guy plugged cactus and said it was worse than oral, AND he still barfed a lot as well, and his intestines hurt. Unfortunately, plugging reports are few. I will be plugging a mimosa brew thought, and no one will talk me out of it. Never taking mimosa in the mouth again. That one I'll only have to hold in for a short time.

dehydrate the tea and plug the remaining residue
i dont see why it wouldnt work.

Otherwise plugging an entire glass of tea would be very uncomfortable.
You dont want to me plugging more than 1ml.

Help for a rookie!

Hello All !

Just bought 60g's of dried san pedro skins, I've never tried this before or acid or shrooms, but it's something that i've always wanted to do. Can anyone help with how I take it? and how much? I've never been on a trip before so I kinda don't want to start at the deep end! but would still love to experiance what i've read so much about. Any suggestions?