• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

^Personally I dont think it'll matter that much in terms of lost product.I've soaked it for as little as 2 days and yielded just as much tar as 6 days. Oh and the whole discussion on the maxium safe dosage i obviously dont have concrete proof that its safe to do I've personally taken 1,300 mgs of mesc hci and i have a friend who took 1,500 mgs of the same batch. I feel that mescaline is one of the safest pyschs. Also this doesnt adovcate the fact that you should take that much mesc .

I did the first two pulls one day, but I realized I didn't have to wait that long. and ended up doing two a day.

6 hours with a lot of shaking in between should be good. I also soaked a rag in warm water and shook it with that around it for good measure.

Man, I realllly wish my stomach could handle the iso tek, it's so damn convenient. :(

It is really convenient but the only thing I dont like is you never really know how much mesc your actually taking and it is really bad nausea wise too. You should just do the limonene extraction. I can finish a 200g powder limonene extraction in about 6-8 hours start to finish if I try hard enough.

Ok, well I'd only have roughly 24 hours of soaking in alcohol... I guess I'm going to go the tea route this time...

Im going to make the tea.. and then reduce it as much as I can before it starts getting gooey (that is what happens right? When you reduce it too much?)
And then i guess either try to pound it back.. or mix it GENEROUSLY with something to mask the flavor and drink about 3 gallons of liquid.. rofl... Thats what I always end up doing with pod tea.. make the tea.. and then mix it with brisk ice tea.. I end up having to drink about a 12 pack of brisk though.. at least i get it down though.

dude the cactus is by far my favorite drug, and my least favorite drug to get in my body. Ive tried EVERYTHING. eating it straight, drying it and eating it. Decided no way im ever eating enough to trip so went with blending it and boiling then drinking. The most sucessful method ive used was to coat my tongue in chocolate pudding then chug. I went through so many things trying to avoid taste, freezing my tongue, covering it in cocaine to numb it, i even got desparate and tried to cover my tongue in wax like the simpsons episode where homer eats the chilis and trips out.
Then i had a revelation. Boiled the cactus water down to a cup or so, poured it into ice cube trays and froze it. Then i broke up the frozen cubes into pieces i could swallow. then after its all down have a cup of hot coffee. perfection.

^that's a great idea!

Ok, well I'd only have roughly 24 hours of soaking in alcohol... I guess I'm going to go the tea route this time...

Im going to make the tea.. and then reduce it as much as I can before it starts getting gooey (that is what happens right? When you reduce it too much?)
And then i guess either try to pound it back.. or mix it GENEROUSLY with something to mask the flavor and drink about 3 gallons of liquid.. rofl... Thats what I always end up doing with pod tea.. make the tea.. and then mix it with brisk ice tea.. I end up having to drink about a 12 pack of brisk though.. at least i get it down though.

Ideally boiling it down to one glass, or 12 oz is good. It will be thick, but it's better than trying to get 24oz or more of a more watery juice down. Do not mix it. do not fucking mix it. Unless someone knows of some miricle mixture, it will simply overpower whatever the mixer with bitter disgusting cactus taste. 3 gallons is wayyy to much.
Just accept the fact that it taste like ass, and you're willing to endure that for what the plant has to offer.

Preperation of Sacred Cacti

Trichocereus ~ "San Pedro"

Trichocereus "San Pedro" Cacti Preparation-

1) Remove all spines with a small knife

2) Peel the waxy outer skin off

3) Remove the green layer just below the waxy outer skin but above the white inner core.

4) Discard the white inner core, spines and waxy skin, chop and dry the green flesh.

Once the green layer is chopped and dried it can be stored in cool dry place for many years.

The green dried "chips" can be eaten as they are, or infused with water (made into a tea).

Harvest and Preparation of Trichocereus "San Pedro" Cacti-

Stress the section of cactus which is going to be harvested for anywhere from 3 months to a year.

Cut off 15 inches or more. Callous the cutting in a dry, shady place for 2 weeks.

Age the cuttings for 7-13 months (plant the tip).

Remove the areoles with a small, thin knife.

Peel away the waxy outer skin.

Cut green outer layer away from waxy inner core.

Air dry green material on drying rack with a fan. Discard remaining cactus parts.

(Often it makes sense to remove the growing tip of the cactus cutting which has been harvested, callous and replant it. It's young and will not be potent at such a young age, it's best to replant it. If the clone turns out to be potent, then means that the top should be grown and propagated.)

Last edited:
Thanks for this, we're gonna need to organize it into cactus threads and make Tek threads for those that are unique enough. :)

^Riiight....Persoanlly, I wouldn't call it a "prep"- just common sense. Using alchohol on the dried flesh is a lot better additon to it.

What does aging the cuts do?
What happens after 13 months?

Do they lose potency? I have had a few cuttings laying around for 1.5 yrs and they are definitely still alive.

Peace,
Seedless

^I always feel bad about the idea of stressing a plant. It seems mean...

Just my weird thoughts :)

LOL, ya I suppose but if the shamans who have worked with the cactus for 1000s of years do it they are probably right.

^Indeed. I mean, biologically the idea of stressing a cactuss DOES work in terms of increasing alkaloid content....but it seems kinda harsh.

That said, I set cannabis on fire everyday, so maybe I'll just get over it :D

I can see prior to cutting stressing the plant/cacti to increase chemical concentration. When speaking about 'aging' cuts though when the cacti is dormant-like do concentrations still increase that are not related to shrinkage/water weight?

I know that is kinda a hard question to answer concretely because there is no definite answer but I am always curious as to other peoples green thumb techniques. Plus what works for one strain of cacti might not work for another but might work when concerning a specific garden. I have always thought it was neat how when ppl take cuttings of a mother cactus and the cuttings are grown all over the world. Yet when the mother cacti flowers the cuttings also follow on the same time period. Probably not common or tracked but interesting.

Peace,
Seedless

This is NOT a mescaline extraction. I don't extract anything.

If you don't understand the difference between extracting and traditional preparation then your a retard.

I can see prior to cutting stressing the plant/cacti to increase chemical concentration. When speaking about 'aging' cuts though when the cacti is dormant-like do concentrations still increase that are not related to shrinkage/water weight?

Both, I'd guess.

Plus what works for one strain of cacti might not work for another but might work when concerning a specific garden.

This prep' should work for all Trichocereus cacti. Lophophora prep' is different.

Last edited:
If you don't understand the difference between extracting and traditional preparation then your a retard.

If you don't understand that calling people retards isn't such a great way to behave you're possibly not the sharpest spine on the cacti yourself :\

God y'all are just a bunch of druggies round here it seems... do any of you even grow plants?

Druggies? Where? Here on this forum for drug harm reduction? There may be one or two. Some of us maybe grow plants, some maybe not. We don't screen out the non-gardeners as far as I'm aware.