• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Merged] Drug Myths, Dodgy Theories and Misconceptions

Yeah my favourite myth because it gets printed in the newspaper every now and then as fact is the one of the two hippies in the 60's on lsd. They spent the whole day stareing at the sun and burnt their retnas out. Funny thing is there is no record from any hospital of this ever happening.

Another good one is "it must be MDMA because my dealer popped these exact type of pills a couple of weeks ago!

I remember my year 6 teacher telling us the Hippies/burnt retinas story.. grrr.. :p

One of my friends ate 1-2 nutmegs (it was over 10 years ago - memory is fading fast!! ;) ) and he felt the effects..

His eyes were bloodshot for a whole week!!

He didn't repeat the experience.

When I was 18/19 and a I asked a friend about "e's" and she told me there's three type of "e's" you can buy:

"pill with coke... very cokey, doesnt last long"

"pill with heroin, makes you very smacked out...its AWESOME!"

"pill with speed/meth, it gets you so chargey up"

I knew nothing about e's until I tired my first one when I was 23/24..... and I learn a lot more here and actually corrected and informed my mate who orginally told me these "myths"

I laugh now thinking back.... I actually believed her... how lame of me. :)

^ Heaps of people think that... the first two are the biggest myths about E ever.

BigTrancer :)

Common myth-conception; Wow, this pill weighs 280mg and it says on "YeeHa-Safe" that a lab test showed these contain 90% MDMA. That means this pill has 252mg of MDMA 8o

WRONG

Even if it was the same tablet mentioned, the statement does not say these had 252mg of MDMA in them. It only refers to the relative amount of MDMA present, of the total amount of active ingredients present

Example: pill weighed 250mg. Analysis of active ingredients; caffeine present at 15%, amphetamine at 10%, and MDMA at 75%.

No-where does it say anything about the weight of the total or individual ingredients. Therefore this a qualitative assessment, not a quantitative one.

ecstasy drug myth #5 and #6 ;)

edit: :( thats unfortunate. Thanks Dandy.

showphoto.php

Last edited:
One of my recent favs was someone telling us she could get 'weed laced with ecstasy', i just smiled knowing either she was a moron because the dealer was talking shit, or the dealer was a moron for actually lacing weed in ecstasy, which costs more and isnt even active when applied to flame. All of this shit about pills being mixed with rat poison and the like is bullshit, its so annoying.

"OMG, ecstasy is mixed with ratsack it will kill you omg."

^^^^
I'm fairly certain you can smoke MDMA, just most people wouldn't.

With all the GHB hysteria out there I heard a new one... apparently they add epilepsy medication when making GHB now to stop you from having convultions :\

I like the one about how all the kiddies today are making their own 'GBH'. I sure it's a real struggle to pour it out of one bottle into another, maybe add some water if you want to play it safe and dilute it down.

Okay, I'm sure this has been mentioned a MILLION times, but cocaine based pills. WHAT RUBBISH. I have had so many ppl claim to either sell or have eaten a cocaine based pill. First of all cocaine HCl cannot be absorbed in the stomach. And if you used freebase cocaine, the pill would have to be pretty fucken big, also the fact even freebase cocaine dissolves so slowly in the stomach it would be one of the worst pills ever. And it wouldn't last a great deal of time. My god, if I ever hear someone say they have had a coke based pill I am going to scream.

Oh yeah, other myths that make me laugh are also:

Buds dipped in lsd...BWAHAHAHA, lsd will detertiorate from such direct heat and also, anyone realise how much liquid a bud can soak up!!! A little too much to be even reasonable to distribute, if anyone ever tells u they have lsd laced weed, good chances are it's sprayed with flyspray.

Snow balling cocaine. BULLSHIT. The only thing u would get out of the cocaine is 4% of it and whatever the shit is cut with. It would work with freebase cocaine, but eh, cocaine is stupid in general.

and finally people saying "I can get pure cocaine" Pure cocaine does not exist in this country commercially or otherwise. There is some quite high percentage cocaine uncut, but pure is bullshit. The purest stuff I've seen heated up to 173 degrees centrigrade before deteriorating. Pure cocaine deteriorates at something like 185 degrees. If anyone ever wants to prove me wrong, get a slow burning hotplate and a good thermometre, place a small bit on the hotplate and see what temp it starts to fry at.

Okay, I dunno about pure mdma, but on new years eve, I got a euro (not the crappy ketamine ones, good tested MDMA ones) and yeah, was smoking weed, so I thought "what the fuck" and crushed up my pill into fine dust and smoked it on top of cones half the powder at a time. And DAMN, all I can say is. Smoking pills works, and boy how, problem is, don't know why, it wasn't as physical a peak (I had the same euros previously) I peaked but it was more of a mental hit than physical. It was pretty fuckin mad how it was just like an instant peak, but it really hits ya. Wouldn't recommend ppl do a whole pill if it's good, and don't think it is too good on the lungs either. But yeah, loved it.

I can get pure cocaine

Yeah you gotta love that one. Whilst I can't get pure cocaine, I have seen it....it was at work (think healthcare) pure cocaine hydrochloride powder in tiny 5g vials- pharmaceutical shit! It was so fucking fine and white. It took some serious will power to say no. It was cruel.

When it comes to someone telling you "it's the best shit available" and it blows your mind all night then it doesn't really matter. But if it's dodgey shit then they're a spineless wanker.

Please don't smoke pills 8(

Binders such as micro-cellulose, and free-flowing agents like magnesium stearate are also added to make powder mixes pour like sugar when being fed into pressing machines. In commercial setups, the binder/excipient mixture may include many different ingredients depending (among other things) upon the physical properties of the drug, and desired absorption rates. And that's in a commercial setup.

What may do the trick in backyard pill labs is a different story altogether. I've heard PVA glue is a common one. It's supposedly inert in the body, but PVA is very likely to produce toxic compounds when burned.

All of these substances, in various combinations, could produce a nasty and very toxic smoke. Asthma attacks could easily be sparked.

If you want to smoke MDMA, extract the amines first and smoke it as a crystal. But I think the whole idea is a bit of a waste really. Unless of course you want a 2-3 minute buzz with the accompanying increases in neurotoxicity