• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Merged] Drug Myths, Dodgy Theories and Misconceptions

Acid can be made from a Car Battery's Acid......

Or the the old urban legend ...That if take acid you
might not never come out of the Trip......

BCR

^^ That one gives me the screaming fuckin shits...

I'll never forget this fucking moron who I argued endlessly with... Apparently, his uncle took LSD, and never sobered up. He's been tripping for 25 years!

DIEDIEDIE!

;)

BigTrancer said:
MDMA is cut with heroin by dealers to make it addictive

'The brown/beige/orange/yellow flecks found in some pills are chunks of heroin.'
or even
'All brown/beige coloured pills contain heroin.'

edit:
How could i forget, the 15 year old girl who tried to sell me some 'real ecstacy' pills. When i asked her if she had done a reagent test, discovered she hadn't, and recommended that she purchase a cheap marquis reagent tester, she assured me that there was no need, because she was so experienced she could 'taste' the difference between heroin, coke and LSD pills.

Last edited:
debunking myths about drug myths

if i read alot of bluelight, erowid, Shulgin et al., and follow politically correct posting guidelines, i will not only become informed about the experience of taking PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS, but also, i will have in the process naturally grown the longest penis on the block ;)

How could i forget, the 15 year old girl who tried to sell me some 'real ecstacy' pills. When i asked her if she had done a reagent test, discovered she hadn't, and recommended that she purchase a cheap marquis reagent tester, she assured me that there was no need, because she was so experienced she could 'taste' the difference between heroin, coke and LSD pills.

Thats a really sad story, no sarcasm intended :(

what about the one where you can make LSD by scraping the insides of banana skins off and leaving them to soak in petrol/bicarb-soda/some other wierd substance for 3 days and then dipping the substance with blotter paper?

i wish i could remember what i thought before i became oh so enlightened... woulda been funny :\

Here's a few off the top

Typical DD line: This is the BEST coke you'll ever see
I am constantly amazed how often this line is used (and often genuinely believed by DD) Just how is one expected to believe improvement is possible when the first stuff they tried to sell ya was said to be "As close to pure as you can get" ;)

Cocaine cures everything

This came from a CNS report on an old doctor in the US who had several long cotton buds sticking out his nostrils. The show interviewed his patients, who also had the cotton buds in full operation. It looked painful, 6-10 things jammed up there. But anytime symptoms of their complaint arose, or their nose got sore, a simple twiddle of the sticks released more cocaine and they were on there way to good health 8)

Fosters Beer method of making LSD

This was initially supposed to be a joke but it wasn't long before people were spreading it as gospel. Not until the first LSD faq came out on hyperreal was it dispelled as the BIG joke it was. Even funnier was to read accounts of people who said they'd actually done it...hee... hee....

As a person gets older, they grow out of pot

mmm.....still waiting for this one 8)

MDMA makes your hair grow!

A locally sprung notion of a balding friend who reckons MDMA has made new hairs sprout. Imagine how funny it was to hear Paul Dillon state it was found to do the opposite - MDMA makes your hair fall out !! =D ...I just don't know whether I've got the heart to tell him :\

MDMA can be made from piperonyl butoxide

You'll find this in pyrethroid based insect killers. The butoxide is present as a synergist. It CANNOT be used to make MDMA

Hanging mull when drying makes the resin drain from the stems to the heads

It's been proven many times there is little if any vascular movement of THC. Therefore there is none to travel. The plant will dry slower usually improving taste and appearance, which is often interpreted to be more THC

Nanobrain, you just proved your own myth to actually be correct!

drugs are bad

phase_dancer said:
As a person gets older, they grow out of pot

mmm.....still waiting for this one 8)

LOL!

yeah.....i'm still waiting too.....:)

phase_dancer said:

Cocaine cures everything

This came from a CNS report on an old doctor in the US who had several long cotton buds sticking out his nostrils. The show interviewed his patients, who also had the cotton buds in full operation. It looked painful, 6-10 things jammed up there. But anytime symptoms of their complaint arose, or their nose got sore, a simple twiddle of the sticks released more cocaine and they were on there way to good health 8)

Well he certainly had some back up on that one, from the good Doctor Freud himself. Uber Coca, his book claiming it to be the ultimate panacea, is a pretty funny read when you realise it is written by someone completly wired out of their head on pharma grade. What wasn't so funny was hwo he ended up killing a good friend of his by trying to cure thier morphine habit with huge doses of cocaine.

Drug myths

<<<If this belongs in Aus Social, sorry>>>

I was thinking tonight about all the drug myths I remember hearing when I was younger. Ecstasy Makes your spine bleed, its just rat posion and cocaine, spontanious combustion is a result of drug use and so forth.

My personal favourite was one my mum and grandmother told me one day in about 1994 while a "techno" song was on the radio.

"Did you know music people are making music for nightclubs that changes speed so your heart slows down and it kills you if your on drugs?"

Needless to say I believed this, and being the 10 year old I was, had a secret obsession to find these Homicidal DJ's and join their ranks.

My question is, which is your favourite drug myth? Where'd you hear it, and at the time, did you believe it?

I did a search for this, but it came up blank supprisingly.

If anyone would appreciate some silly humour in the scope of MDMA myths, this is worth a click :)

Some Drug Myths...

Drug Myth 1: People mix crushed glass with pills so that the glass makes tiny cuts inside your stomach and the pill is absorbed quicker!

Drug Myth 2: Crumbly Pills are shit and solid pills are good

Drug Myth 3: Red pills are always speedy

fkn common... gawd there is some dip shits out there...haha!

One thing that really shits me... My friend works in a youth centre and they had some professional people come in and have a talk to them about drugs. What they do, how to spot some one on them etc... Ayway's this dude gets there and proceeds to tell them that Ecstasy creates hols in your brain. FFS! This was a public talk!! I just nod and smile politly now when she tries to educate me ;-)

oh oh oh.. just have to add another one..

*Apparently* DJ's are creating new music these days with a faster beat per minute to keep up with the heart rate of those drug takers on the dance floor. This therefore means that they will continue to dance for longer!!

we have lots of drug educators come to my skool and so far we havent had one thats tells us the truth. oh yeh, did any of use no that ecstacy is a depressant? thats right sumthing with methamphetamines in it is a depressant

I was at a friends place over the weekend and his flatmates son jarrod who is about twelve was explaining some things to me.
He asked me If I had ever had drugs I told him no (purely so it wouldn't get back to his dad that his mum was associating with drug users). He went on to tell me that if you have more than 5 pills in a night then you die...rofl...I tried so hard not to laugh:)